Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2020, 06:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What about the British and Irish convicts who were taken to Australia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convicts_in_Australia
    Well they had nowhere else to send them after the americas closed but they did the same there. Convicts were punished if they didn't do what was required but many became useful citizens because unlike your African slaves, they would be released after a time.

Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I see you have your own homebrewed snake oil of which you have generously partaken of Clete. That's cool.
    No not snake oil euclypis oil Tal and unlike snake oil it cures all manner of of disease as does goanna oil
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 16, 2020, 08:25 AM
    How convenient, that England could empty it's jails in America, and later Australia. No doubt for the good of the crown and mutually beneficial for both countries as we had similar experience with those convicts blending into the population as citizens and contributors to the labor force. England abolished slavery in the 1800's, but continued to colonize the New World which included Canada, the West Indies and South America. For sure unless they had a tattoo on their forehead, few knew they were convicts and certainly not their descendants, and lets be real, a guy with dark skin and no papers could hardly go unnoticed. So adding eucalyptus to snake oil may make it go down better but it's still snake oil.

No English convicts then Aussies could well have been speaking French or some other language than English, same here obviously.
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2020, 03:03 PM

No English convicts then Aussies could well have been speaking French or some other language than English, same here obviously.
    Not really the french sailed by but didn't stay, a flag was enough to deter them, maybe they had other thoughts in mind, so did the dutch only the british could see the potential of this place
    Expert

Jul 17, 2020, 06:32 AM
    As a perfect place to dump people in English jails.
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2020, 06:40 AM
    That may be but some people like my ancestors came as free settlers in the early nineteenth century, we weren't all convicts, you know?
    Expert

Jul 17, 2020, 03:31 PM
    How would I know that? You have done well though, so far!
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2020, 04:18 PM
    Yes with a few million people we have done extraordinarily well
    Expert

Jul 18, 2020, 01:24 PM
    Hope the success continues with a few hundred million people.
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2020, 04:19 PM
    Hope the success continues with a few hundred million people.
    it will never get to that, this continent lacks the water resource yours has to sustain such a population, our population would decline even now if not for migration
    Expert

Jul 18, 2020, 04:43 PM
    We'll see. You might solve that problem eventually.
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2020, 06:03 PM
    Yes bring our Antarctic territories closer that is the only way we will get more water, climate change predicts more droughts, you have hurricanes to dump water on you, our cyclones arn't always so obliging
    Expert

Jul 18, 2020, 08:02 PM
    We pump oil/crude for miles across our nation and you guys can't pump water? What am I missing?
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2020, 08:43 PM
    We pump oil/crude for miles across our nation and you guys can't pump water? What am I missing?
    The availability of water, no great lakes here, even the mighty Darling is a dry channel most of the time. we have considered damming the coastal rivers in the north and pumping the water over the mountains, a visionary idea from the early twentieth century but if money were no object and the greenies and indigenous were to suddenly die out... but on probabalities , no

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

If I use a VPN service and log in at MSN at the same time won't my id be revealed? [ 1 Answers ]

If I use a VPN service and log in at MSN at the same time won't MSN give me away if someone can cross reference the ip?

7 year affair just revealed [ 14 Answers ]

On this past July 4th I found out that my husband of almost 30 years has been involved with another woman for 7 years! Their relationship began when he was going away on weekends to visit a disabled relative in a neighboring state. Everyone thought he was a saint for sacrificing at least 2 weekends...

View more questions Search