Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2020, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Tell you what. Go live in Mexico, or any country in Africa, or any country in S. America, and then come back after a year. You will be a happy person to get back here.
    Nope. I was a suburban-Chicago (multicultural suburbs, not wealthy white ones) librarian for almost thirty years, and I've been a patient in healthcare rehabs staffed by a mix of races. Those experiences told me everything I needed to know about racism.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2020, 09:58 AM
    Then I'm happy for you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2020, 10:00 AM
    Tell you what. Go live in Mexico, or any country in Africa, or any country in S. America, and then come back after a year. You will be a happy person to get back here.
    Tell YOU what. Live in your own town as a black man and let us know how happy you are.
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2020, 10:05 AM
    Tell YOU what. Live as Oprah, or MJ, or Jim Brown, or Kareem, or Magic, or B Ob, or Robert Johnson, or Ben Carson, or Steve Harvey, or any one of many black Americans who worked hard and lifted themselves out of a low start, and let us know how happy you are.

OR go live in Mexico, or any country in Africa, or any country in S. America, and then come back after a year. You will be a happy person to get back here.

I would not deny that life as a white person is generally easier than life as a black person. Where we disagree is the cause for that.
    Expert

Jun 18, 2020, 10:34 AM
    Tell YOU what. Live as Oprah, or MJ, or Jim Brown, or Kareem, or Magic, or B Ob, or Robert Johnson, or Ben Carson, or Steve Harvey, or any one of many black Americans who worked hard and lifted themselves out of a low start, and let us know how happy you are.
    Rather small group and many are activists so listen to them if you won't listen to ordinary folks.

OR go live in Mexico, or any country in Africa, or any country in S. America, and then come back after a year. You will be a happy person to get back here.
    We are all immigrants except the slaves brought here to do the work.

I would not deny that life as a white person is generally easier than life as a black person. Where we disagree is the cause for that.
    OKAY!
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2020, 11:20 AM
    Rather small group
    Only if you consider hundreds of thousands to be a small group.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2020, 12:34 PM

I knew it wouldn't take long for this piece of racism to emerge. American blacks have it so much better than black or poor people in other countries. That has been a racist meme to support slavery/Jim Crow/systemic discrimination since the beginning centuries ago.

Plus they got Jesus instead of all those pagan voodoo gods. Jesus weeps when such blatant evil is used in his name.
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2020, 12:46 PM
    Same ole tired approach. "You don't agree with amazing and glorious me, so you must surely be a racist." The choice of people afraid to engage ideas.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2020, 12:58 PM
    Same ole tired approach. "You don't agree with amazing and glorious me, so you must surely be a racist." The choice of people afraid to engage ideas.
    Well noted that you rarely engage in the ideas, you attack the messenger. Another one of your "tells" that say so much about you when you won't or can't reply intelligently.

Further noted that the two ideas I presented were dark ones originating from your side of the discussion.

Are you afraid to engage?
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2020, 01:02 PM
    With you??? Hardly. I do hope you stop lying. I never said this or anything like it. "American blacks have it so much better than black or poor people in other countries." Are you going to keep lying, or can you be truthful?
    Expert

Jun 18, 2020, 01:50 PM
    Only if you consider hundreds of thousands to be a small group.
    Compared to the millions yes a small elite group that has come out in a big way to speak up against the racists policies and practices that they have faced and overcome. Will you listen to them? Except for Carson, a noted surgeon reduced to making housing policy for poor people.

Nobody ever asks him about medical stuff. Wonder why?
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2020, 02:19 PM
    With you??? Hardly.
    Sure looks like you won't engage. Otherwise, you'd be doing it. You can't hide behind your insults forever, Ju.

I do hope you stop lying. I never said this or anything like it. "American blacks have it so much better than black or poor people in other countries."
    That is exactly what you implied. People like you search for the shallow BS that ignores the deeper horrors of a societal tragedy that you minimize - unless of course you're called on it. Then you quickly jump on the bandwagon of truth so you're not exposed. It's not hard to see.

Your Bible reading contains something similar. You see only the immediate surface meaning without considering the wider context or the deeper meaning.

Are you going to keep lying, or can you be truthful?
    I'll continue to point out your errors as long as you keep posting them.
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2020, 03:07 PM
    Fine with me. Your lying gets tiresome anyway. It's like trying to discuss something with a four year old. You just can't get over being caught lying about Aquinas. As they used to say, "It's stuck in your throat." It eats at you.

That is exactly what you implied.
    Except that it's not. Incredible. You get caught lying again, and you can't come clean and just admit it, or even simply say you were mistaken. No, no. It's always someone else's fault.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2020, 03:47 PM
    Except for Carson, a noted surgeon reduced to making housing policy for poor people.

Nobody ever asks him about medical stuff. Wonder why?
    If Ben Carson thinks he is not being used correctly it is certainly his prerogative to resign . He retired from neurosurgery . No one forced him to do so.
    The real problem the left has with Ben is he strayed off the Democrat plantation. He holds opposing views to their orthodoxy so therefore he is not a real Black man .

In his autobiography 'Gifted Hands he describes how he grew up poor in the liberal bastions of Boston and Detroit . Of course his real life experience living in these liberal utopias gives him hands on experience about the life of the poor Black person living in the hell liberal policies have created . The last thing the poor blacks of the inner city needs is more of the same policy failures the left have dumped on them for over 50 years . When he is criticized for lack of experience I ask as opposed to what ? Maybe we should recruit il duce Cuomo who's policies at HUD caused the 2008 housing crisis and the Great Recession . Yeah we need more of that type of expertise .
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2020, 04:15 PM
    The important thing is to have a smart, sane, experienced person in that position. For Dr. Carson, that is yes, yes, and yes. I'd vote for him as pres any time.

Gifted Hands was a great book. Any teacher would like it since it was a teacher who was key in helping get young Carson on track. His mother was an amazing woman. They also made a movie based on the book.

If you haven't read Clarence Thomas' autobiography, it was even better to me. I think the title was, My Grandfather's Son. It was largely about his grandfather who raised him. Very real.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2020, 04:19 PM
    jlisenbe;3854583 Your lying gets tiresome anyway.
    You just can't get over being caught lying about Aquinas.
    You get caught lying again
    No, no. It's always someone else's fault.
    You're sounding like a broken record. Nothing of substance to post?

I understand how difficult it is for you to reply to my comments, but I think you should try anyway. It keeps you from coming across as a nitwit with a one-track mind.

As to Aquinas, you are far more obsessed with the saint than I ever was. But, if you insist, keep it up. It's harmless and bothers no one.
    Expert

Jun 18, 2020, 04:40 PM
    Nice spin conservative and way to rally around the brother. Actually Carson's POLICIES and practices are what I'm against. Nothing personal, but the dufus only wants sycophants.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...g-enforcement/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...7e7_story.html

There's more of course.
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2020, 04:46 PM
    You keep linking to WaPo. You do realize we have to have a subscription to read it, and I'm not sending my money to that rag.

Actually Carson's POLICIES and practices are what I'm against. Nothing personal, but the dufus only wants sycophants.
    Anything in particular?
    Expert

Jun 19, 2020, 04:57 AM
    Making it easier to segregate low income people by race, which is a form of redlining. Hope you read that link, and especially making it harder to report and remedy housing violations, and a marked decline in investigating those violations when they are reported, as well as discriminatory policies against the homeless for shelters.

Saw most of this on CSpan during a congressional hearing.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2020, 12:41 PM
    Of the organization's total revenue of $4.8 million over the two years, more than $3 million went toward salaries, and $1.7 million went toward other initiatives. Of the $1.7 million, $740,000 was spent on conventions, conferences, and meetings.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...NZ82A2OJD_d7wk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Freewill fund raiser , provided dinner ,food was donated is there quid pro quo [ 2 Answers ]

We had a fund raiser where attendees could make a contribution if they wanted and we provided a dinner where all food and drink was donated. Do we have to report valued of dinner and does contributor have to deduct from their contribution.

Dodge Ram 2500 V10 Quid Cad Short Bed Sport [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1999 DODGE RAM 2500 v10 Quid Cad short bed The A/C works great when I works When I slow down or come to a stop it sound like a door closes under the dask it goes from cold air to HOT I have to turn it off and turn it back on after a few secondes it not the door under the glove box...

He's Racist! [ 31 Answers ]

This is one of the most difficult decisions I've ever had to make. My B/F and I have been together for two years. We have a unique relationship. I am a single mom and devote most of my time to my daughter. He is in med-school. Although we talk every day, we only spend time together one day a week....

No Good uncle trying to get with my woman! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a uncle who is married but wants to sleep with my woman and I'm about ready to snap his neck on any given day the next time I see him.He says disrepectful things that I don't like in a in-direct manner.im really pissed off.he say things to me in person in a joking manner but also meaning...

He's a racist! [ 9 Answers ]

Ive been going out with my boyfriend for a year and a half and we love each other very much. We are young and we are the kind of couple that might get married in about 8 years. But my problem is that I'm hispanic and he is white. He works in the corrections department. And the people who work in...

View more questions Search