Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 06:48 AM
    Every cop does have a side arm and they are trained not to just kill but serve and protect. The real issue if people would listen is nobody looks at why they kill, or why they keep it such a secret when they do kill. Why it gets covered up and swept under the rug, and if mistakes are made why aren't there any actions taken for justice at all. That's the issue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elijah_McClain

Too many cases like this should disturb anybody. All that other stuff is but a distraction from THIS ISSUE. 3 cops against a skinny 130 pound guy?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2020, 07:38 AM
    You know Tal if blacks decided they would not kill another black the crime rate would drop and cops would have less need to fear the next black man they encounter has a gun, but in reality the problem is cops carrying guns and cops trained to use deadly force. Surely not every cop needs a side arm.
    Clete, that's a great point. Tal will reject it since it does not fit his "killer cops" narrative, and since it would require an acceptance of personal responsibility and discipline, both of which are not popular subjects for liberal dems, but it has FAR more potential for good than any other crime related action which could be taken.
    Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 08:43 AM
    How come you don't demand cops be responsible and discipline when dealing with black people? Just gave you a link where 3 cops jumped on a 130 pound black guy for no reason and he ends up dead and it's just swept under the rug. Of course you don't care about that at all since your peeve is those black people you can blame for their own problems. Hey crime happens to everybody everywhere but cops shouldn't be part of the problem should they?
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2020, 09:45 AM
    As I have said a million times, I'm all for dealing with rogue cops.

As for you link, do you ever bother to read what you link? Ever????? Your representation of the event is as fake as I can imagine. Here's what your own link stated. Read this and see if 3 cops "jumped on a 130 pound black guy for no reason and he ends up dead." Don't you have any consideration at all for the truth?

"The three police officers who were involved in the incident[1] said that their body cameras were knocked off during a struggle with him. While being held to the ground by police, paramedics administered ketamine to sedate McClain, who then went into cardiac arrest."

Now they might be guilty for all I know, but when a paramed has to administer a sedative to calm someone down, then something fairly extreme is going on.

Remember the Bubba Wallace incident. That's why we do investigations.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    3 cops "jumped on a 130 pound black guy for no reason and he ends up dead." Don't you have any consideration at all for the truth?
    What was the reason?
    "The three police officers who were involved in the incident[1] said that their body cameras were knocked off during a struggle with him.
    And my name is Tinkerbell.
    While being held to the ground by police, paramedics administered ketamine to sedate McClain, who then went into cardiac arrest."
    He was already handcuffed and why oh why ketamine???
    Now they might be guilty for all I know, but when a paramed has to administer a sedative to calm someone down, then something fairly extreme is going on.
    The "extreme" was on the cops' and paramedics' end, not the hapless victim's. He wasn't guilty of anything except being happy while listening to music.
    Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 11:24 AM
    I wonder if we read the same articles? Black guy walking down the street running an errand going home gets in a struggle with 3 cops. Okay you explain how minding your own business gets you in a struggle with 3 cops?
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2020, 12:04 PM
    What was the reason?
    Read the link.

And my name is Tinkerbell.
    I've long suspected that.
    He was already handcuffed and why oh why ketamine???
    I don't know. The point of my reply was that Tal's ridiculous description that the cops just jumped on this guy out of nowhere and killed him is simply not true. I'm not saying nothing wrong was done. That's possible, but his description was about as silly as your description of, " A black man was shot and killed by police after he fell asleep at a Wendy's driveup."

No, Tal, we don't read the same articles. You don't read them at all. If you did, you would know the answer to this. "Okay you explain how minding your own business gets you in a struggle with 3 cops?"
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2020, 12:14 PM
    The real issue if people would listen is nobody looks at why they kill, or why they keep it such a secret when they do kill. Why it gets covered up and swept under the rug, and if mistakes are made why aren't there any actions taken for justice at all. That's the issue.
    Now that could be a topic worthy of discussion.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 12:50 PM
    Tal's ridiculous description that the cops just jumped on this guy out of nowhere and killed him is simply not true.
    Yes, it is. That's what they did.

"He was walking home from a convenience store with an iced tea. Like Tamir Rice, the police were summoned to accost him for noncriminal behavior: in this case, wearing a ski mask (McClain was anemic and often donned extra layers to keep warm) and waving his arms, perhaps in time to music in the headphones he reportedly was using."
    https://theweek.com/articles/921867/...elijah-mcclain
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2020, 01:39 PM
    Kind of left out the part about resisting arrest. Makes your carefully edited account fake news.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 01:47 PM
    Kind of left out the part about resisting arrest. Makes your carefully edited account fake news.
    He wasn't resisting arrest. He was trying to get out from under after they threw him to the ground and piled on top of him. He was only 140 lbs. And they had already handcuffed him.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2020, 01:50 PM
    Oh yeah. They just decided to throw him down and pile on top of him. Yeah. Police do that all the time. Now on the other hand, does it seem much more believable that he was resisting arrest, which would explain the sedative?
    Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 02:00 PM
    Oh yeah. They just decided to throw him down and pile on top of him. Yeah. Police do that all the time. Now on the other hand, does it seem much more believable that he was resisting arrest, which would explain the sedative?
    Resisting arrest for what?

The same caller affirmed during the call that he did not believe McClain was armed and that he did not believe any person, including McClain, was in immediate danger. According to police, when they confronted McClain, he resisted and attempted to reach for an officer's gun during the struggle. An attorney representing McClain's family said officers involved slammed McClain into a wall immediately after apprehending him.[9]
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 02:27 PM
    I will post it again: He was walking home from a convenience store with an iced tea.

Police apparently did not like how he was sidestepping and bouncing to music while he walked along

How would YOU react, JL, after they threw you to the ground and cuffed you?
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2020, 02:40 PM
    I will post it again: He was walking home from a convenience store with an iced tea.

Police apparently did not like how he was sidestepping and bouncing to music while he walked along

How would YOU react, JL, after they threw you to the ground and cuffed you?
    You can post your story ten more times if you want to. It wouldn't make it any more correct. You are leaving important details out.
    Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 04:06 PM
    Yeah right, a 130 pound skinny black guy made 3 cops lose all their cameras while trying to take one of their guns? Why was he being arrested? Can't seem to find that anywhere. Looks like we have to investigate the EMT's too since he was in handcuffs when they sedated him. Maybe we reform that too practice too while we're at it. I didn't know sedating suspects was as widespread as it is.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Yeah right, a 130 pound skinny black guy made 3 cops lose all their cameras while trying to take one of their guns? Why was he being arrested? Can't seem to find that anywhere. Looks like we have to investigate the EMT's too since he was in handcuffs when they sedated him. Maybe we reform that too practice too while we're at it. I didn't know sedating suspects was as widespread as it is.
    Police in Aurora, Colo. stopped 23-year-old Elijah McClain because of a report about a suspicious person wearing a ski mask. His family says he wore it to keep warm. Bodycam video captured the arrest which preceded his death.

https://abc7ny.com/elijah-mcclain-mc...urora/6272187/
    Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 06:11 PM
    Back in my day WG we called that rousting. They still roust all the black guys who fit the description of a black guy that commits a crime.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2020, 09:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Back in my day WG we called that rousting. They still roust all the black guys who fit the description of a black guy that commits a crime.
    no doubt they roust white guys who fit the description of a white guy who commits a crime, A black guy wearing a sky mask and it wasn't winter, supicious, tell me, do black guys not think? I would expect anyone in a sky mask would get rousted, afterall the constitution doesn't say you have the right to cover your face
    Expert

Jun 29, 2020, 07:09 AM
    If that were the case Clete we wouldn't be protesting racist cops.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

21st century slavery [ 8 Answers ]

Can a employer not give raise to the felon he has working but give them to everyone else? Can they take benefits away from felon but no one else? Can he not pay a felon for ANY OVERTIME he works just because he is a felon?

How to mix 21st century milk replacer for puppies [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 week old smooth haired chihuahua at around 16 oz in weight measured in a cup on a sm. Weigher , what would b the proper mix? The cup got zroed in and measured in ozs.

Abbott and Costello in the 21st Century [ 5 Answers ]

Abbot and Costello in the 21st Century COSTELLO CALLS TO BUY A COMPUTER FROM ABBOTT ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you? COSTELLO: Thanks I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking about buying a computer. ABBOTT: Mac? COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou. ABBOTT: Your...

Home Security for the 21st Century [ 9 Answers ]

I was looking to survey what services and fees (if any) people subscribe to for their home security system. In addition, if you are using a pay/fee-based service - do you feel the cost/fee is reasonable? Secondly, what feature(s) do you like the best about the system? If you ignore...

21st Century Tithing. [ 23 Answers ]

Would you tithe: 1. More 2. Less 3. The Same 4. Be Highly Offended 5. I don't tithe at all. IF your place of worship accepted Debit and Credit Cards????

View more questions Search