Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2020, 05:18 AM
    Hangman's Knot.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 09:46 AM
    I agree, it's a hangman's knot.

The classic hangman's knot (6-8 loops) was largely developed in the United States, the heavy mass of the knot intended to crush blood vessels in the neck and if tightened beneath the jaw, to lever the head to one side. (Wikipedia)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2020, 09:52 AM
    I agree, it's a hangman's knot.
    I'm sure the FBI and the 15 highly trained and experienced federal agents will want to be aware of your assessment. No doubt they will change their finding.
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2020, 10:18 AM
    Yeah, we sure do need those fraud-proof mail in ballots.

"Following accusations of widespread fraud, voter intimidation, and ballot theft in the May 12 municipal elections in Paterson, N.J., state Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal (pictured) announced Thursday he is charging four men with voter fraud – including the vice president of the City Council and a candidate for that body."

"Reporting by NBC further uncovered citizens of Paterson who are listed as having voted, but who told the news outlet they never received a ballot and did not vote. One woman, Ramona Javier, after being shown the list of people on her block who allegedly voted, told the outlet she knew of eight family members and neighbors who were wrongly listed. “We did not receive vote-by-mail ballots and thus we did not vote,” she said. “This is corruption. This is fraud.”

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...yWc0-VKSlDans8
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 10:37 AM
    They got caught and charged, but is this WIDESPREAD? Is that all you found from the MILLIONS of voters in America? How about the intentional incompetence to suppress the vote in Atlanta or the purges and tactics of then candidate for governor Kemp, or the purges by repubs in Wisconsin and Florida, or NC? What's up with closing polls in dem zip codes and hiding limiting voter machines to create those long lines on election day. How about this gem by repubs in Pa.?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o32tF-S6K60

I can see why voter fraud would bother you since repubs practice it all the time, and the dufus claiming he lost the popular vote because of it in 2016, though none was found.
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2020, 10:52 AM
    You had said earlier that it was not happening. I'm showing you that it is, and it was a pretty bad case. Widespread? Time will tell on that one.

I can see why voter fraud would bother you since repubs practice it all the time,
    Uhm...the case above is a dem state.
    Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You had said earlier that it was not happening. I'm showing you that it is, and it was a pretty bad case. Widespread? Time will tell on that one.

Uhm...the case above is a dem state.
    The legislature was repub at the time. Still is I believe.
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2020, 12:37 PM
    Nope. Democrat. Governor as well is a dem.
    Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 01:29 PM
    Repubs controlled Pa. from 2011 to 2014, and Romney was the candidate against Obama.

https://ballotpedia.org/Party_contro...ate_government

Trifectas in Pennsylvania

In Pennsylvania, Republicans held trifecta control of state government from 1995 to 2002 and again from 2011 to 2014. Democrats held trifecta control in 1993. In all other years from 1992 to 2017, control of state government was divided.
    Currently the governor is a dem, but repubs control the house and senate. By definition a divided government.

I guess you missed the date on the description of the video

Jun 27, 2012

"The Pennsylvania House majority leader says voter ID "is gonna allow Governor Romney to win" the presidency."* Will a voter suppression effort from Republicans push Mitt Romney past President Obama in 2012? The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2020, 01:37 PM
    Why are we talking about Pennsylvania? My link was to New Jersey.
    Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 01:45 PM
    You presented your evidence of voter fraud, and I presented my evidence of voter suppression...openly admitted by repubs. I remember we had discussions on this topic and voter ID laws on this forum at the time.
    Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 01:55 PM
    https://www.mic.com/articles/168719/...0votes%20cast.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/tr...isinformation/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...ts-he-n1232208

Fear mongering to suppress the vote during a pandemic? Of course it is! Repubs are afraid of high turn outs because the fear being CRUSHED at the ballot box...FOREVER! Don't know how true that is but that's what they believe. Is it the dems fault they haven't or can't expand beyond their base?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2020, 01:55 PM
    Dems managed to send hundreds of thousands of fake rsvp for the Trump rally. Imagine what they could do with mail in ballots !
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2020, 01:57 PM
    That youtube clip was ridiculous. It was an off-hand remark by one person and was his opinion only. Even at that, he could very well have speaking in light of years of voter fraud allowing dem candidates to win.

On the other hand, the situation in New Jersey was definitely true and definitely serious. You had said it didn't exist. You were wrong.
    Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Dems managed to send hundreds of thousands of fake rsvp for the Trump rally. Imagine what they could do with mail in ballots !
    The temptation to screw the dufus is great I can admit that but repubs are hardly angels and can be rather creative and ruthless themselves.

That youtube clip was ridiculous. It was an off-hand remark by one person and was his opinion only. Even at that, he could very well have speaking in light of years of voter fraud allowing dem candidates to win.

On the other hand, the situation in New Jersey was definitely true and definitely serious. You had said it didn't exist. You were wrong.
    Not your most ridiculous and dismissive statement but predictable. I never said it didn't exist, but cited the data that makes it rare. Voter suppression has court cases that make it insidious.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The teens of America struck a savage blow against @realDonaldTrump. All across America teens via K-Pop and Tik-Tok ordered tickets to this event.
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2020, 03:38 PM
    So when the teens take over, that's good? Hmmm.

Not your most ridiculous and dismissive statement but predictable. I never said it didn't exist, but cited the data that makes it rare. Voter suppression has court cases that make it insidious.
    The NJ case makes it clear that it is not rare and shows how mail in voting (which was the topic) is ripe for fraud. Court cases so far have upheld voter ID.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 03:48 PM
    So when the teens take over, that's good? Hmmm.
    Good for them to get involved in politics. Why shouldn't they? We're almost dead and gone.
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2020, 04:10 PM

The teens of America struck a savage blow against @realDonaldTrump. All across America teens via K-Pop and Tik-Tok ordered tickets to this event.
    Kind of forgot to address the issue about mail in ballots.

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 27, 2020, 04:35 PM
    Kind of forgot to address the issue about mail in ballots.
    My only worry is Republican gerrymandering (both "packing" and "cracking") plus closing polling places in Democratic areas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a bigger problem than I been addressing it as? [ 3 Answers ]

I married 8 months ago at the age of 20. We met online and talked for 2 years and then married only 2 months after meeting. I So I moved from the northwest all the way to the southeast to lie with him in his family's house. We knew before we married that we shared opposing religious beliefs. His...

Bigger bra [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I wear these little crop top thingys but they're too tight and leave marks. I really think I need a padded bra or a bigger bra but I'm too afraid to talk to my mum about it. What shall I do?

How do I tell my mom I need get a bigger cup bra [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to tell my mom that I need a another bigger bra, but right before I try to tell her I freeze up and say something totally off the wall. I try to tell her and my sisters are around her all the time. Also my sisters are saying to me go get a bra that fits or they will say go put on...

If my wife's vagina feels a lot bigger than usual, is she cheating? It's a lot bigger [ 12 Answers ]

My wife and I have been together for 2+ years. We have had a lot of sex and her vagina always feels pretty much the same in terms of size. Lately we have been kind of distant and have not had much sex at all. I have been suspicious of her cheating recently. We have spent a couple of days apart. She...

Getting fit and bigger [ 2 Answers ]

I want to start getting bigger in muscle mass and fitter in running but I do not want to go stupid and end up looking weird and I am wondering if someone could help me, I will be in the gym at least 5 days a week 1 time a day but I do not know what exercises to do, I want to do a day on each muscle...

View more questions Search