Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2020, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You must like it a lot.
    Just to point out your method so others can see - and judge.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2020, 03:44 PM
    I welcome that.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2020, 03:48 PM
    I welcome that.
    So do I.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 25, 2020, 04:45 PM
    Minor actions that would do little to help.
    I disagree with the premise that making cops accountable for their own actions is a little thing, as with a badge, gun and authority to use deadly force in serving and protecting citizens and property comes great responsibility.

Mail in ballots is a terrible idea. It opens wide the door to voter fraud. The other issues are worth discussing. We don't have long lines around here so maybe the rest of the country needs to copy us.
    Its been used in many states with NO fraud and voter fraud has been proven to not be a big issue and rare, and more mistake than intention. It worked so great in IOWA during a record turnout and no fraud that the repub state legislature is trying to eliminate it.

Why because they like the dufus believes that easer safer voting by mail leads to higher turn outs that lead to repub defeats. Repubs have tried for years to suppress the minorities and poor from voting with all kinds of rules to eliminate voter fraud where there is none and never been any except on rare occasions. Present day Jim Crow tactics. Maybe you don't have long lines because maybe you don't have to accommodate the number of voters big cities do, which are made simply by closing a number of polling places and limiting voter machines. So you get those long lines I'm sure you've seen elsewhere, so how would you like to spend all day in a line in whatever the weather is for those reason. Hmm, now how could we copy Mississippi and eliminate those long lines?

Oh wait Ms. has long lines in more populated areas too! Imagine that.

I'm all in favor of ed reform. I would prefer privatizing the whole enterprise, or at least letting private schools get a piece of the pie. The whole issue of poor kids being trapped in low performing, unsafe schools should be a national disgrace.
    Except what happens to kids and those lousy schools that privatization doesn't take in? Why not privatize the whole lousy school if that's the answer instead of just taking a few and leaving the rest in that lousy school?

I don't care for the "living wage" idea. It would mean at least doubling the min wage and would lock out of the job market those with marginal skills or who have a checkered past. Besides, only 2% of workers are making min wage, and even in our area here, which is hardly an economic wonderworld, very few places pay min wage. However, I could be talked into at least considering the idea IF it was coupled with a drastic downsizing of the welfare system since, after all, people making a "living wage" can now support themselves.
    A living wage allows for eliminating poverty, and relieves the burden of welfare costs. More on that as time permits. You already have a lot of my posts to review, and are you noticing redundant questions aren't met with redundant responses?

The better approach is to stress with workers the importance of doing your job in an efficient manner. Make yourself more valuable. Learn new skills. Take some responsibility for your life. But with your idea, millions of Americans would simply lose their jobs since the employers would find other ways of doing business rather than having to pay someone more than he or she is worth.
    Other ways of doing business like overseas cheap labor and robots? I know first hand how that works, and also that no matter how hard you work, everybody cannot rise to the top. Think about that. I have posted much how rich guys assign value that helps them and not workers and is that even fair? Far as I'm concerned a business that cannot pay a living wage is useless to our society.

Most important factor is to have a healthy economy. When unemployment gets low, then businesses are forced to compete for good labor and pay goes up.
    LOL, between the normal business cycle and market demands and conditions even in a healthy economy it ebbs and flows drops and rises and a virus can wipe the whole great economy out. Hello, where is our great economy NOW!

Isn't it what you call "throwing rocks"? And since we both do it, then why are you complaining about it?
    No complaints from me, just a respectful pause to let you do your thing.

I do commend you for posting your ideas. I'd still like to know where you see systemic racism.
    Answered in other posts. You must have missed it, forgot it, or dismissed it. More will follow. No I'm not going into great details and get in the weeds of minutiae, because what would be the point?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2020, 05:43 PM
    you might wonder how it has come to this;

cops doing their own thing, poverty rampant, a health system in chaos, but it is all down to lack of leadership
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2020, 05:51 PM
    [talinman: Answered in other posts. You must have missed it, forgot it, or dismissed it. More will follow. No I'm not going into great details and get in the weeds of minutiae, because what would be the point?

The point of dismissing it is to deny it.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2020, 06:16 PM
    I disagree with the premise that making cops accountable for their own actions is a little thing, as with a badge, gun and authority to use deadly force in serving and protecting citizens and property comes great responsibility.
    Perhaps I should have said RELATIVELY little thing. Cutting out of wedlock births to 20% would be far, far, far more productive. It never ceases to amaze me that is gets so little attention when there is so much potential for good.

Its been used in many states with NO fraud and voter fraud has been proven to not be a big issue and rare, and more mistake than intention.
    Which states have used mail in ballots for a general election for all voters to use?

Except what happens to kids and those lousy schools that privatization doesn't take in? Why not privatize the whole lousy school if that's the answer instead of just taking a few and leaving the rest in that lousy school?
    Sounds good to me.

A living wage allows for eliminating poverty, and relieves the burden of welfare costs. More on that as time permits. You already have a lot of my posts to review, and are you noticing redundant questions aren't met with redundant responses?
    What do you consider a living wage to be? Do you see any exemptions for teen agers and for part-time workers? Would it eliminate welfare programs? Are you prepared for prices to go up on most of the items you purchase?

Answered in other posts. You must have missed it, forgot it, or dismissed it. More will follow. No I'm not going into great details and get in the weeds of minutiae, because what would be the point?
    No, it hasn't been answered other than to talk about issues from two or three hundred years ago. I'm just amazed that you complain about it so much but can't identify anything other than some isolated voting issues, some isolated issues with the police, or issues with education which we both agree should be taken care of. Where is the "systemic" racism? And no, I'm not going with your links. Already learned better than to waste my time with that. Way too many disappointments with that.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 25, 2020, 06:27 PM
    Cutting out of wedlock births to 20% would be far, far, far more productive.
    That's why abortion is legal.

"Abortion is legal throughout the United States and its territories...." (Wikipedia)

Which states have used mail in ballots for a general election for all voters to use?
    Five states currently conduct all elections entirely by mail: Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, and Utah.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2020, 06:33 PM
    That's why abortion is legal.

"Abortion is legal throughout the United States and its territories...." (Wikipedia)
    I was afraid that would be your answer. Just kill the pesky little critters. Problem solved. I would prefer to see a return to basic morality.

As to mail-in ballots, how do they make sure that I'm not filling out the ballots for my wife, my two adult kids, and me?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 25, 2020, 06:44 PM
    I was afraid that would be your answer. Just kill the pesky little critters. Problem solved.
    Why not? You don't want to deal with them. Even Caucasians don't have basic morality.
    As to mail-in ballots, how do they make sure that I'm not filling out the ballots for my wife, my two adult kids, and me?
    Google is your friend.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2020, 07:04 PM
    Why not?
    What a shame that you don't know.

Even Caucasians don't have basic morality.
    That's a strange racial statement.

Google is your friend.
    In other words, you have no idea.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 25, 2020, 07:41 PM
    What a shame that you don't know.
    My "why not?" was dripping with sarcasm.
    That's a strange racial statement.
    You need to get off of that church pew and into the world.
    In other words, you have no idea.
    I was so, so afraid my link wouldn't work or that you would refuse to read it. I know how you are.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2020, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Why not? You don't want to deal with them. Even Caucasians don't have basic morality.

That is appallingly racist, caucasians no more lack morality than any other race, but you do have to wonder, wondergirl, why it is that the black race is overrepresented in the penal system, not just in america but in other places, is it racism or lack of morality?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 25, 2020, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    That is appallingly racist, caucasians more more lack morality than any other race, but you do have to wonder, wondergirl, why it is that the black race is overrepresented in the penal system, not just in america but in other places, is it racism or lack of morality?
    Racism.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2020, 08:02 PM
    Racism.
    but if they didn't offend they wouldn't get jailed
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 25, 2020, 08:06 PM
    but if they didn't offend they wouldn't get jailed
    Not true. They've been killed when not offending.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2020, 08:26 PM
    You need to get off of that church pew and into the world.
    You mean like working in Native American schools, public schools, or drug rehab facilities?
    I was so, so afraid my link wouldn't work or that you would refuse to read it. I know how you are.
    Yeah. Right. It couldn't possibly have been that you had no idea. And even at that, your link had nothing to do with my question.

Not true.
    And again you have no idea what you're talking about. FBI crime stats show clearly that black men are much more likely to be involved in criminal behavior. That fact is well known and widely circulated. I'll be glad to link that for you if you'd like with a link that will work.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2020, 09:16 PM
    Not true. They've been killed when not offending.
    I wasn't debating that don't avoid the issue, white people also get killed while not offending but not for the same reasons
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2020, 05:57 AM
    I wasn't debating that don't avoid the issue, white people also get killed while not offending but not for the same reasons
    White people aren't the issue, nor black on black crime, or any other crimes except COPS KILLING BLACK people because they can get away with it. Now if you like JL agree they should then you and him are part of the problem.
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2020, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    White people aren't the issue, nor black on black crime, or any other crimes except COPS KILLING BLACK people because they can get away with it. Now if you like JL agree they should then you and him are part of the problem.
    what you are saying is cops never have cause to kill a black man

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a bigger problem than I been addressing it as? [ 3 Answers ]

I married 8 months ago at the age of 20. We met online and talked for 2 years and then married only 2 months after meeting. I So I moved from the northwest all the way to the southeast to lie with him in his family's house. We knew before we married that we shared opposing religious beliefs. His...

Bigger bra [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I wear these little crop top thingys but they're too tight and leave marks. I really think I need a padded bra or a bigger bra but I'm too afraid to talk to my mum about it. What shall I do?

How do I tell my mom I need get a bigger cup bra [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to tell my mom that I need a another bigger bra, but right before I try to tell her I freeze up and say something totally off the wall. I try to tell her and my sisters are around her all the time. Also my sisters are saying to me go get a bra that fits or they will say go put on...

If my wife's vagina feels a lot bigger than usual, is she cheating? It's a lot bigger [ 12 Answers ]

My wife and I have been together for 2+ years. We have had a lot of sex and her vagina always feels pretty much the same in terms of size. Lately we have been kind of distant and have not had much sex at all. I have been suspicious of her cheating recently. We have spent a couple of days apart. She...

Getting fit and bigger [ 2 Answers ]

I want to start getting bigger in muscle mass and fitter in running but I do not want to go stupid and end up looking weird and I am wondering if someone could help me, I will be in the gym at least 5 days a week 1 time a day but I do not know what exercises to do, I want to do a day on each muscle...

View more questions Search