Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 17, 2020, 10:52 AM
    So his guilty plea allocutions were lies? Read the statements for yourself. Yes we can use the precedent of the Stevens case, but Stevens NEVER pleaded guilty, let alone twice. You can ignore the crony component, and trust Barr's version of events as per his filings, but I prefer they can stand scrutiny of the law myself so let the process proceed.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2020, 12:36 PM
    I am well aware of his confession and the circumstances behind it's coersion . Again ,cause to dismiss with prejudice .Barr
    contends that any false statements by Flynn could not have been material because there was no legitimate basis to investigate or interview him. I go even further . Flynn confessed because they hung the specter of going after his son if he didn't . But I'll go with Barr's rationale . There was absolutely no material reason to pursue a criminal investigation of Flynn after the counter-intelligence investigation was to be dropped . The interview with Flynn was entrapment pure and simple . We have emails by the leading investigator saying as much .
    If the Flynn interview was not connected to a properly based investigation(and there is no denial that it wasn't) , any alleged false statements he made could not have been material. Both Flynn and the investigatorsknew the Kislyak discussions were recorded. Flynn stressed that the agents could listen to the conversation if they wanted to know what was discussed. Any misstatements during the interview could not have affected the FBI’s understanding.
    Further the agent who interviewed him said he thought Flynn was being truthful . What you call a process is a politically driven stall tactic .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 17, 2020, 01:13 PM
    Flynn confessed because they hung the specter of going after his son if he didn't . But I'll go with Barr's rationale . There was absolutely no material reason to pursue a criminal investigation of Flynn after the counter-intelligence investigation was to be dropped .
    Which raises the interesting question of why was he interviewed to begin with?
    Expert

May 17, 2020, 02:34 PM
    I think Barr is the one stalling for time here as he had to know Sullivan wasn't just going to roll over for them.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2020, 03:39 PM
    nope . Barr couldn't act until the documents were unsealed April 29 .
    The unsealed documents were discovered as part of a Justice Department review of the Flynn case ordered by Barr.
    After he saw the docs he acted swiftly .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2020, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I think Barr is the one stalling for time here
    Agreed!

Barr is such an obvious shill for Trump from his letter begging to be appointed as Attorney General promising to do whatever Trump wanted, to his bizarre claim that Trump is above the law.

Pompeo is just slightly less nefarious. The list goes on.......

The ball is in Sullivan's court. Powell is a screwball. She will say anything to win - ethics be damned.
    Expert

May 17, 2020, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    nope . Barr couldn't act until the documents were unsealed April 29 .
    The unsealed documents were discovered as part of a Justice Department review of the Flynn case ordered by Barr.
    After he saw the docs he acted swiftly .
    There was nothing new in the filing for dismissal that wasn't already known by Barr. He had both the unredacted Mueller Report, and was the line prosecutors boss. Appointing a special review was a sham to cover his move to aid Flynn. Powell's job was to stall until the ducks were lined up, seeing as all Flynn's previous motions had been denied.

Sullivan has to judge if the grounds Barr dismissed this case on are legit. I suspect he will do a thorough job of it before he rules. That would be fair.
    Uber Member

May 17, 2020, 05:44 PM
    ethics be damned.
    The motto of Obama's DOJ efforts against Flynn.
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2020, 06:46 AM
    I stand by what I wrote . Barr could not act until the docs were released . He always had suspicions that Flynn was hosed . But he could NOT make a case to the Judge for dismissal until the documents were available for the judge and the public to see.
    Expert

May 18, 2020, 07:45 AM
    I get why he goes for a dismissal, just to poke Mueller in the eye and set up the rest of the cronies for executive interventions. SCOTUS should be ruling on subpoenas against the dufus and his bankers soon too, as the dufus fires another IG looking into his administration.
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2020, 10:25 AM
    as the dufus fires another IG looking into his administration.
    I wonder how often the emperor used a government hired aid to walk his dog or buy Michelle a valentines gift ?
    Steve Linick was an Obot holdover who worked actively to undermine the Trump administration . During the fraudulent impeachment kabuki dance ,Linick requested an 'urgent ' meeting with Congessional staffers where he handed over executive dept documents related to the Trump Ukraine policies .For that action he should've been dismissed . What I find amazing is that Trump was someone who made a trademark from the phrase 'You're Fired ! ' ;but he has been surprisingly reluctant to purge his executive dept of the snake in the grass swamp critters from the emperor's reign He has been more patient with them then I would've .......or the emperor was for that matter. The emperor's first act was to fire all Bush political appointees .
    Expert

May 18, 2020, 10:48 AM
    ​You know how this works by now Tom. Deny, obstruct, and make the dufus a one term president.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2020, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    During the fraudulent impeachment
    The only thing fraudulent about the impeachment was the Republican senate putting party ahead of nation.

What I find amazing is that Trump was someone who made a trademark from the phrase 'You're Fired ! ' ;but he has been surprisingly reluctant to purge his executive dept
    What you don't understand about Trump is that he is a coward and has others do his dirty work for him. The TV show was all play acting for Trump, something he does very well like any con man.
    Expert

May 18, 2020, 12:22 PM
    Anybody figure out how you drain the swamp by adding bigger critters?

BREAKING NEWS

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...tment-n1209521

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...affer-n1208981

In a statement Monday, Engel said that he has learned there might have been another reason for Linick's firing.

"His office was investigating — at my request — Trump’s phony declaration of an emergency so he could send weapons to Saudi Arabia," Engel said. "We don’t have the full picture yet, but it’s troubling that Secretary Pompeo wanted Mr. Linick pushed out before this work could be completed. The administration should comply with the probe I launched with Senator Menendez and turn over all the records requested from the Department by Friday."
    Uber Member

May 18, 2020, 12:56 PM
    the Republican senate putting party ahead of nation.
    Well, that and the fact that there was no real evidence of guilt. Same thing with Kavanaugh. And when the dems hold hearings on Biden and his sexual assault allegation, and I'm sure they will since they firmly hold to the idea that a woman MUST be heard, then they will hopefully follow the evidence in that case as well.
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2020, 01:11 PM
    What is so hard to understand ? Trump used provisions of the '
    Arms Export Control Act ' to make the sale . When Congress passed a resolution to block the sale ,Trump vetoed the act . The Senate could not muster the 2/3 vote to override the veto .

Nothing was done untoward . The provision in the act had been used 4 times previously so the only thing that caused for an investigation was the hatred of the President .

Otherwise ,that is how Washington operates .The Constitution gives him the power to veto ;and Congress the power to override a veto with 2/3 vote . The thing is that with Trump ,the opposition does not believe in the Constitution. In their view everything is nefarious requiring investigation and a rat in an inspector general's office to invent conspiracies .

You see ;when the emperor sold arms to the Saudis it was no biggie .

https://www.defenseone.com/business/...-bushs/133014/

Expert

May 18, 2020, 03:17 PM
    The congress couldn't over ride the veto that means it can get no oversite? Vlad would approve of that.

You're probably right though as more than half the country probably hates the dufus. Can you blame them?
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2020, 04:22 PM
    Elliot Engel used to be my Rep . the only thing I can say about him is that he is a friend of Israel and a much better Rep than the useless one I have now . Nita Lowey . The good news is that she is retiring and her seat is open. There is a conga line of candidates for the June Dem primary . The bad news is that the Republican candidate has no chance in hell of getting elected . There are 2 no names running to be the sacrificial lamb.

Engel is a partisan hack who will do whatever Madam Mim tells him to do . His only streak of independence is his defense of Israel against the Democrat Israeli haters . His hearings ;and most hearings on Capitol Hill are in lieu of doing the job they are elected to do . If Congress doesn't like the Arms Export Control Act . It is sections 36(b)(l), 36(c)(2), 36(d)(2), and 3(d)(2) of the act . It provides for the sale under emergency situations as the President sees them . The sale came during Iranian backed attacks against the Saudi's oil infrastructure . Pompeo wrote to Congress that: "Iranian malign activity poses a fundamental threat to the stability of the Middle East and to American security at home and abroad…. The rapidly-evolving security situation in the region requires an accelerated delivery of certain capabilities to U.S. partners in the region…. Such transfers, whether provided via the Foreign Military Sales system, or through the licensing of Direct Commercial Sales, must occur as quickly as possible in order to deter further Iranian adventurism in the Gulf and throughout the Middle East. "

Engel may not like it . But that is the fact . The President acted lawfully ……. AND , the President has the authority to fire anyone in the executive branch he chooses . They all work at his pleasure . So if the Dems don't like that he fired Linick ….well bullah bullah cry a river .
    Expert

May 18, 2020, 08:23 PM
    Congress has a duty to oversight!
    Uber Member

May 19, 2020, 04:56 AM
    Nancy Pelosi refers to the pres as "morbidly obese", and so is now guilty of fat-shaming. I wonder if she is going to refer to Stacey Abrams and Hillary Clinton as "morbidly obese" today? Anyone want to take a guess?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Is there a statute Barr for ca stu loans [ 1 Answers ]

My loan is 26 years old and I need to declare bankruptcy. Will the loan be added to my bankruptcy, or is it statute barred?

Epstein barr virus [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have epstein barr virus,and did it cause a cyst to develop on your liver?I need advice from a person who suffers with this virus.

View more questions Search