Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 15, 2020, 05:12 AM
    You mean did it, since he's been gone 3 years now.
    I laughed when I read that. "Your Honor, I'm guilty, but I did all of that three years ago, so you need to just turn me loose now." Well of course that makes sense...to someone...somewhere.
    Uber Member

May 15, 2020, 05:24 AM
    A little humor to start the day. Even the humor-impaired on this board will appreciate it...I think.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 15, 2020, 05:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I laughed when I read that. "Your Honor, I'm guilty, but I did all of that three years ago, so you need to just turn me loose now." Well of course that makes sense...to someone...somewhere.
    Then we have the matter of did what? Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    A little humor to start the day. Even the humor-impaired on this board will appreciate it...I think.
    Be really funny if it weren't so true. So would these,

Expert

May 15, 2020, 06:08 AM
    Ran out of room, but there is more

tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2020, 09:34 AM
    he's got nothing for the bug
    large scale vaccine testing by July

when you find any science in Fauci's responses let me know
    Expert

May 15, 2020, 12:50 PM
    When you find any science in the dufus about anything please let me know. Matter of fact muzzle the dufus and let Fauci do his job. I think you just want your economy back.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2020, 01:34 PM
    Fauci backed and helped fund the Wuhan Wmd lab.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/29/dr-fau...6WNkuaGpHySXMw

On January 21st he said “Americans Don't Need To Worry About Coronavirus:

https://710wor.iheart.com/featured/m...t-coronavirus/

Fauci said on February 8th: 'Danger of getting coronavirus now is just minusculely low':

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4790996..._Nk7bvxUflZMsw

Fauci on February 29th tells the Today Show that there is NO NEED for the public to change their behavior over concern for Coronavirus:

https://www.today.com/video/dr-fauci...et-79684677616

March 9th, Fauci recommends taking a cruise, tells Forbes Magazine that if you’re healthy, cruise ships are safe:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggol...e-healthy/amp/

The guy is a bloviator . I trust Dr Birx . She backs everything she says with science . Fauci not so much .He is a publicity whore .

Back to the subject of the OP

https://sidneypowell.com/wp-content/...-NEW-FINAL.pdf
    Expert

May 15, 2020, 03:02 PM
    The dufus is hardly the only one to drop the corona ball here, but Fauci seems to be up to speed now and no doubt has more credibility than his boss on the issue.

https://youtu.be/ibCuZkan4JM

Jury's out on the Flynn outcome though. Between Barr and Powell, he does have better lawyers.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2020, 03:26 PM
    We already know the ultimate outcome . WE don't have 'Alice in Wonderland ' Justice . No judge can be both judge and prosecutor in our system ;and a judge has no authority to appoint a prosecutor . Provisions can be made to provide in some cases for a defense because the Constitution says so . This judge also has a conflict of interest . He has called Flynn a traitor . ABA rule 2:11 makes it clear that
    A) A judge shall disqualify himself or herself in any proceeding in which the judge’s impartiality* might reasonably be questioned, including but not limited to the following circumstances

(1) The judge has a personal bias or prejudice concerning a party or a party’s lawyer, or personal knowledge* of facts that are in dispute in the proceeding.

(5) The judge, while a judge or a judicial candidate,* has made a public statement, other than in a court proceeding, judicial decision, or opinion, that commits or appears to commit the judge to reach a particular result or rule in a particular way in the proceeding or controversy.

Expert

May 15, 2020, 04:54 PM
    I know the rules and the discretionary limits of judges and attorneys and it all depends on going through the process Tom. This ain't L & O where it's wrapped up in an hour episode. This could well drag out for weeks or months.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2020, 05:03 PM
    of course it could drag on for weeks . That is the goal ;not justice . I cant believe after all that was revealed this week from Obots under oath that you still cling to the Russian collusion hoax .
    Expert

May 15, 2020, 05:16 PM
    I don't trust the dufus and his sycophants, nor right wing spin and talking points. I never believe anyone claiming victory until the game is over. Pretty simple formula 'eh "CHAMP!"
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2020, 05:50 PM

Here's the truth re what Powell is doing.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2020/05/1...sions-not-one/
    Expert

May 16, 2020, 07:41 AM
    Now that Athos was truly informative. Safe to say this judge isn't going to just follow whatever Barr and his sycophants put down without a comprehensive vetting of the facts.
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2020, 10:28 AM
    Executive primacy and Sullivan’s attempt to supplant the executive power of prosecution with his own judicial authority is the only issue at stake . I already informed you that last week SCOTUS 9-0 struck down judges
    decisions to solicit outside Amicus briefs. Ginsburg wrote the unanimous decision against the 9th Circus Court .

A similar case ,U.S. v. Fokker Services
    , Judge Richard Leon refused to accept a deferred prosecution agreement between the emperor's Justice Department and a Dutch aerospace services company. He thought it was too lenient. The DC Circus court smacked him down In their opinion "decisions to dismiss pending criminal charges
    no less than... to bringlie squarely within the ken of prosecutorial discretion
    ."
    That opinion was authored by
    Sri Srinivasan ;appointed by the emperor . In his decision he quoted
    quoted a 1967 precedent,
    Newman v. U.S.
    : “[f]ew subjects are less adapted to judicial review than the exercise by the Executive of his discretion in deciding when and whether to institute criminal proceedings, or what precise charge shall be made, or whether to dismiss a proceeding once brought.”

The Executive’s primacy in criminal charging decisions is long settled. Judge Sullivan can be compelled with a writ of
    mandamus or he can be removed under the same provision. That would go to the DC Circus where Srinivasan's precendent is already established .
    Uber Member

May 16, 2020, 02:28 PM
    It's over. They just don't realize it yet.
    Expert

May 17, 2020, 04:30 AM
    The process continues.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2020, 04:36 AM
    there is no legitimate judicial process being exercised by Sullivan ....only partisan delays.
    Expert

May 17, 2020, 05:07 AM
    This isn't the first time Sullivan has stepped beyond the "norm" to get data before him.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/12/emmet-sullivan-judge-g/

You can't be suggesting any judge doesn't have a duty to examine any filings/issues before him with due diligence are you Tom, and he must accede to such request just because they make it are you?
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2020, 09:24 AM
    Yes he handled the Stevens case . Saw there was abuse by the prosecution and dismissed the case . The exact same circumstances exist in the Flynn case . The FBI withheld exculpatory evidence ;doctored and fabricated 302 filings to the FISA court . The originals have never been found . The FBI decided to set up a perjury trap even after the recommendation was to discontinue the Flynn investigation . The article you cite even admits that the FBI discouraged Flynn from having council present . Flynn had no idea he was being investigated . Why would he think so ? As incoming National Security Advisor it would be perfectly normal for him to have a call in to the Russian Ambassador .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Is there a statute Barr for ca stu loans [ 1 Answers ]

My loan is 26 years old and I need to declare bankruptcy. Will the loan be added to my bankruptcy, or is it statute barred?

Epstein barr virus [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have epstein barr virus,and did it cause a cyst to develop on your liver?I need advice from a person who suffers with this virus.

View more questions Search