paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2020, 05:22 AM
    Ok you're a concerned citizen, we get it, but too much emphasis on the ME
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 13, 2020, 05:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I guess you'll have to decide for yourself if you believe that Todd actually aired, and made a big deal out of, a video segment that he didn't bother to check out himself, or have a staff member check out. It was either shocking ignorance or willful deceit. Take your pick.
    Saw it myself during his regular afternoon daily show. Better than any apology, regret the dufus has ever expressed so you take your own pick between your highly conflated one event and the dufus HISTORY.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Ok you're a concerned citizen, we get it, but too much emphasis on the ME
    His choices sums it up Clete, concerns over the virus and its deadly consequences and economic effects and government tyranny all of which is squarely on the shoulders of the dufus.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 13, 2020, 06:56 AM
    concerns over the virus and its deadly consequences and economic effects and government tyranny all of which is squarely on the shoulders of the dufus.
    If you keep walking through life with your eyes closed then you are going to continue bumping into sharp objects.
    Expert

May 13, 2020, 07:25 AM
    My eyes are open to the cause and effects on humans in this crisis environment. It's tough on us all to some degree, be it financial, emotional, mental, physical, or spiritual.

I apppreciate the size and scope of the challenge.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2020, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

I appreciate the size and scope of the challenge.
    The challenge is within us, our response must be measured, not the knee-jerks we are seeing
    Uber Member

May 14, 2020, 04:17 AM
    So Joe Biden, after much thought (no doubt) about who would be best qualified to formulate energy and climate policies, has decided to name AOC to that position. You just can't make this stuff up.
    Expert

May 14, 2020, 05:51 AM
    So much for the dismissal of the Flynn case out of hand.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/13/u...4969268de5c8c3
    Uber Member

May 14, 2020, 07:09 AM
    And so much for the rule of law when a supposedly impartial judge begins to advocate AGAINST a defendant and against the government. Absurd.
    Expert

May 14, 2020, 08:01 AM
    The rule of law is the issue here as the notion a judge just goes along with a petition without insuring it meets that rule of law would be what's absurd. Indeed it's the rule of law that allows judges the leeway to verify the legality of actions taken by both sides of the argument. Is that not the very definition of impartiality? You may see whatever the dufus says and does as legal and correct, yet you balk at verifying if it does meet the required standard of law.

Facts over feelings my friend, and the process of verification under the law proceeds.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2020, 01:08 PM
    The rule of law is the issue
    Last week SCOTUS ruled 9-0 with Ginsburg authoring the majority opinion coming down hard on the 9th Circus for soliciting Amicus Briefs on behalf of one side of a case (United States v. Sineneng-Smith) . Judge Sullivan already should've been removed from the case for calling Flynn a traitor . He has also UNLAWFULLY appointed someone to act as the prosecution since the Justice Dept has decided to drop the case . His actions are unethical .
    Uber Member

May 14, 2020, 01:22 PM
    Indeed it's the rule of law that allows judges the leeway to verify the legality of actions taken by both sides of the argument. Is that not the very definition of impartiality?
    It is completely legal for the prosecution, upon discovering new evidence, to drop the case.
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2020, 01:24 PM
    And the person appointed ;John Gleeson ,has already rendered a verdict in an op-ed in the Washington Compost where he wrote ;
    “Flynn’s guilt has already been adjudicated.”
    It is clear what is happening here . justice is not being sought . What the Dems want is to force the President's hand so he pardon's Flynn giving then another issue to campaign on.
    Expert

May 14, 2020, 02:18 PM
    It is completely legal for the prosecution, upon discovering new evidence, to drop the case.
    To be decided by the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    And the person appointed ;John Gleeson ,has already rendered a verdict in an op-ed in the Washington Compost where he wrote ;
    “Flynn’s guilt has already been adjudicated.”
    It is clear what is happening here . justice is not being sought . What the Dems want is to force the President's hand so he pardon's Flynn giving then another issue to campaign on.
    I'm sure whatever way this goes we will see a campaign ad against the dufus as cronyism is front and center. Manafort just went home and is Stone next?
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2020, 03:24 PM
    Manafort confined to solitary confinement for the same thing that Tony Podesta was not even investigated for .
    Expert

May 14, 2020, 04:37 PM
    Stone and Manafort were convicted and what's stopping Barr from prosecuting anybody? Even HC. Wonder what Obamagate is? Why isn't Barr on that?
    Uber Member

May 14, 2020, 04:48 PM
    Wonder what Obamagate is?
    I think that will be very interesting before it's all over with. Using national intelligence information for political purposes sure sounds illegal to me.
    Expert

May 14, 2020, 05:10 PM
    Yeah I know like the dufus birther claims, or being wiretapped, or the Russian hoax. Or injecting people with disinfectant. Or the great job he is doing? Lying to the American people isn't illegal, so just be careful believing what yo' boy says. Probably way to late to warn you though.
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2020, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Stone and Manafort were convicted and what's stopping Barr from prosecuting anybody? Even HC. Wonder what Obamagate is? Why isn't Barr on that?
    don't you think Trump wants anything and anyone to draw attention away from him. CV is an interruption, an inconvenience, and particularly because it has shown how inept he is. The great statesman (in his own opinion) has been shown to be even more of a buffoon. The best course of action is to do nothing, to let these things fizzle out
    Uber Member

May 14, 2020, 06:22 PM
    Funny how you are against lying and law-breaking until Obama does it.
    Expert

May 14, 2020, 08:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    don't you think Trump wants anything and anyone to draw attention away from him. CV is an interruption, an inconvenience, and particularly because it has shown how inept he is. The great statesman (in his own opinion) has been shown to be even more of a buffoon. The best course of action is to do nothing, to let these things fizzle out
    Well he can't brag about his great economy since a bug came and destroyed it so he has to revert to the old talk crap routine. He's got nothing for the bug and wants nothing to do with it so let the governors and their states worry about it.

Funny how you are against lying and law-breaking until Obama does it.
    You mean did it, since he's been gone 3 years now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Is there a statute Barr for ca stu loans [ 1 Answers ]

My loan is 26 years old and I need to declare bankruptcy. Will the loan be added to my bankruptcy, or is it statute barred?

Epstein barr virus [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have epstein barr virus,and did it cause a cyst to develop on your liver?I need advice from a person who suffers with this virus.

View more questions Search