Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2020, 10:05 PM
    Trump Calls for Insurrection

Republicans will turn a blind eye. But history books will say: In April of 2020, when the pandemic had already claimed 35,000 lives, the President of the United States incited people to storm their statehouses with AR-15s and AK-47s.

Trump tweets: "LIBERATE VIRGINIA! Save your great second amendment. It's under siege!"
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2020, 06:14 AM
    Yes Trump is a dill
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 18, 2020, 05:54 PM
    He has to really his base, and it's being reported a number of his rich supporters are organizing and bankrolling these protests. Everything he says and does is about his reelection.
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2020, 06:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    He has to really his base, and it's being reported a number of his rich supporters are organizing and bankrolling these protests. Everything he says and does is about his reelection.
    With all the strife, why would he want the aggravation? Better to let some other incompetent inherit the problems
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2020, 10:27 AM
    maybe if our Governors werent acting like little despots then the people would not have gone to the street .
    Much of the draconian regulations depends on the voluntary cooperation of the citizenry .

But you know that they have become power hungry when they fine people in California $1000 for sitting in their cars watching the sunset . Or they fill in skateboard parks with sand in LA to prevent kids from using the parks . Or they close down public parks where there is no evidence that people are violation their social separation edicts . Or that clown Governor in Michigan who decided that it was ok to buy pot and booze but not garden seeds .

I can understand the need for some of the measures in NY . But even here il duce Cuomo has gone too far. There was less ridership in the NYC subways and trains . That was a good thing right ? But instead of leaving well enough alone . They reduced train service and cars . So now even though there are fewer riders . The cars are packed again.

So it is all BS . 99 % of the country should be back up and running. But the truth is that the Dems want to extend their power grab because people dying and the economy tanking during a Republican's watch is good for them.
    Expert

Apr 19, 2020, 12:55 PM
    Wonder if those closed businesses can guarantee the safety of the customers AND employees? How do you eat a 5 course meal in a mask? You think those meat packing guys in Colorado want to go back to work after getting sick? I see a lot of adjustments before the economy can be safely restarted.

I heard the other day how we can bring back sports without the fans and televise the games ala pro wrestling. Sounds good to me as long as the players stay healthy. Here's a clue, the frontline essentials getting sick and cannot work. You know this well in NY. Extrapolate that to the rest of the country. Is that an excuse for the dufus to rally his base against dems governors shutdown orders?

Just can't wait for a test to be on the safe side huh! Cuomo just got one so we'll see.
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2020, 02:35 PM
    You think those meat packing guys in Colorado want to go back to work after getting sick?

I'm sick and will return to work gladly as soon as I clear protocol .

Your example about social distancing in a restaurant is a problem . I say let the restaurants and the private businesses figure it out . The 1st thing to reopen in Penn Station NYC was a Dunkin Donuts . They put marks on the floor and they have plexiglass barriers between the customer and cashier .

Just can't wait for a test to be on the safe side huh!
    What test ? I asked about retest before I return to work and I was told by an agent of NYS Dept Health that often the test comes back positive weeks after initial positive results . And test results big enough to make any meaningful evaluation will take months if not more than a year . You want the economy down all that time ? I know quite a few small business owners who will not be able to reopen and it doesn't matter how much monopoly money they are being given. I know a yoga instructor who
    rented space to have classes in December to start January . She now pays rent but can't conduct classes . Like I said ;the Dems want the economy shut down until November
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2020, 02:49 PM
    Shutdown is annoying and many small business owners will not survive, rents and lack of revenue will kill them off, even large chains have closed
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2020, 03:21 PM
    Clete you would think the Dem Guvs would want business up and running . Who pays the taxes for their excessive spending ? What we are seeing here is private practices closing down too . Hospitals make their money on the so called elective procedures . And almost all of those have been suspended here even though they wildly exaggerated the demand of Wuhan virus patients in most of the country . BTW some procedures being called elective procedures is a cruel joke. I know a guy who's urinary tract needs a procedure to open it up . He has had a tube running from his bladder into a bag for a couple months now and his surgery has been indefinitely delayed .
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2020, 03:47 PM
    Yes Tom any condition that doesn't immediately kill you is elective. making sure hospital beds are available is important. This is just nanny state overkill but if the politicians do nothing they are condemned so overreaction becomes the norm. The US has a bad case of the flu, much worse than many other places and you have to wonder how this can happen in such a high tech place. Our cities are crowded too but we don't have the transmission rate or the death rate and isolation measures appear to be working. maybe it is the fact that you are in the winter season and we are coming out of summer that makes the difference but we never had this panic over h1n1, etc and that kills as many people each year. So I'm off for my annual flu jab this morning, must take preventative measures
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2020, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    The US has a bad case of the flu
    COVID-19 isn't a flu.
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2020, 04:57 PM
    Our cities are crowded too but we don't have the transmission rate or the death rate and isolation measures appear to be working. maybe it is the fact that you are in the winter season and we are coming out of summer that makes the difference but we never had this panic over h1n1, etc and that kills as many people each year. So I'm off for my annual flu jab this morning, must take preventative measures
    I doubt your cities are stacked like this

maybe it is the fact that you are in the winter season and we are coming out of summer that makes the difference
    https://theweek.com/speedreads/90436...-are-convinced
    Expert

Apr 19, 2020, 05:01 PM
    And its spring here Clete. Why can't we open the economy back up safely, and keep it open, instead of chancing a relapse? Repubs just don't want to give workers any more money than they have too. Ceo's...now that's okay with them.
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2020, 05:03 PM
    Look at the photograph leading this thread.

At today's presser, Trump said, "The protestors are nice. They're keeping six feet apart during the protest". The photographic evidence proves without a doubt that Trump[ is A) lying, or, B) is in an alternate reality.

His constant claim that America has done more testing than anyone else is a distraction from the truth. America is nowhere near the highest in testing when the all-important per capita measurement is used.

Trump did his usual freak-out against the press today at the meeting when uncomfortable questions that he didn't like were asked. Instead of answering, he blasted the questioners with insults and nastiness that had nothing to do with the question.

For those who need factual evidence of Trump's behavior during these press conferences, there are dozens of "fact-check" sites on the internet and also in the newspapers.

It is enlightening (and frightening at the same time) that so many get their information only from Fox-News without a clue as to what the overwhelming media is actually reporting re Trump and his stupidity.
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2020, 05:08 PM
    Tal the government ran out of money already . The Repubs want Congress to pass additional funding but Madam Mim Antoinette is eating expensive ice cream from her well stocked freezer ;and won't allow Congress back until May 4 . But again I'll ask this simple question . If people are not working and getting wages . Then who does the government tax to fund their gimmees ?

lol 'fact check sites ' Sites funded by the Annenberg group and Soros .
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2020, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    lol 'fact check sites ' Sites funded by the Annenberg group and Soros .
    You're a liar, Tom. Just like your hero Trump.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2020, 05:10 PM
    I doubt your cities are stacked like this

https://theweek.com/speedreads/90436...-are-convinced
    Sydney, Australia. Certainly there must be tenements SOMEwhere in that beautiful city!

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2020, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post

Trump did his usual freak-out against the press today at the meeting when uncomfortable questions that he didn't like were asked. Instead of answering, he blasted the questioners with insults and nastiness that had nothing to do with the question.

For those who need factual evidence of Trump's behavior during these press conferences, there are dozens of "fact-check" sites on the internet and also in the newspapers.
    And there are videos online of each "press briefing."
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2020, 05:24 PM
    Sydney has less than 5 million people . The NYC area has 18.8 million .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2020, 05:39 PM
    Sydney has less than 5 million people . The NYC area has 18.8 million .
    And if it had 18.8 million people, I betcha it would still be beautiful and minus ugly tenements full of the miserable poor, homeless people lining the sidewalks, and panhandlers busking or just holding out a donation cup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

A babysitter gets weird phone calls when she calls the police they tell her to get ou [ 2 Answers ]

I think I saw this in the early to mid 90s when a babysitter gets a weird phone calls she calls the police they call her back and tell her to get out of the house because the calls are coming from inside the home and when they finally show the killer he's is painted into the wall made to look like...

Philippine Insurrection [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if any one has come across a good site to do reseach on this war? I have found this war to be hard to research. Thanks. :o

View more questions Search