Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makemeyogirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 10:04 PM
    16 and too young to be a mom! Am I pregnant?
    Help! I am 16 and i had sex a week after my period ended and now it has only been 5 days since i had sex and i am soo scared i may be pregnant! Please what are my chances of being pregnant!? :confused:
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Apr 20, 2007, 10:31 PM
    Anytime you have sex can end in pregnancy. I don't care what anyone says, I do mean anytime. A lot of people will say your chances are very unlikely, but you never know. Also a lot of people will say you ovulate day 14, when that is only based on AVERAGE. I don't ovulate day 14, same with many other women. Some ovulate during their period, right after, right before, right smack in the middle, etc... All you can do now is wait. I know it sucks... but that is all you can do. It is too early to take a test. You're going to have to wait to see if you are late or skip. I hope you learned a lesson and plan to use contraceptives next time, maybe talk to your mom about putting you on birthcontrol. Use a condom, spermicide strips/foam AND birthcontrol pills, that way you use three forms of contraceptives.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 21, 2007, 06:45 AM
    Unfortunately you are now playing the waiting game. Yes, ovulation is slightly different for each woman. But every sexual encounter runs a risk of pregnancy.

What are your chances? 50/50

Sex = pregnancy, you already know that.

If you are not ready to be a mother you should be doing one of two things...

1) No sex
    or
    2) Use protection.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Yes that is about it, some people have sex once and get pregnant, others may have it 30 times and don't. But many just the one time does it.

And even with protection something's things happen. When you have unprotected sex not only do you risk pregnancy but also all sorts of STDs
    lillypopkins Posts: 26, Reputation: -1

Apr 22, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by makemeyogirl
    HELP! i AM 16 AND I HAD SEX A WEEK AFTER MY PERIOD ENDED AND NOW IT HAS ONLY BEEN 5 DAYS SINCE I HAD SEX AND I AM SOO SCARED I MAY BE PREGNANT!! PLEASE WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF BEING PREGNANT!??? :confused:
    My advice would be to do a test at home yourself it worse thinking you are everythingwill probably be fine and you will have been worrying about nothing either way its best to know as early as possible so you can look at your options I've been there and know it scary but a lot of the time the worry is over nothing and you will be more careful next time it good to get a scare because it won't always be negative
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Apr 22, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Since it has only been a week after you have had sex... you may want to wait a couple of weeks or if you skip, otherwise you will be wasting money or pregnancy tests that will come out negative right now because your hcg levels won't be high enough. Implantation takes 6-10 days to occur so all you can do now is wait. Don't waste any money on any pregnancy tests just yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom and Step mom in hate! [ 6 Answers ]

My mom and step mom are not getting along. It all started with a stupid gift card! Out of all things. My card only had $3.45 on it and my brother only had $.19 on his. The cards were soposed to have $20.00 on it. My mom and step mom live one house away from each other and then they just get into...

Pregnant and my mom hates me [ 5 Answers ]

Let me start by saying that yes, I have been in some trouble in the past but the day I found out I was pregnant I knew I had to turn things around if I was going to keep this baby. When I (we, father is one of thos dead-beats) decided to have this baby I didn't realize it would be something my...

I'm 6 mounths Pregnant At 16! How do I Tell My Mom? [ 36 Answers ]

I am only sixteen and now six months pregnant, I haven't gone to the doctors yet because I can't tell my mother that I am. My mother has always been very strict with me and I am afraid of what she might do,I have tried so many times to tell her but I get afraid every time. My Mother has not noticed...

Too young? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 11 and "well developed" lots of guys and girl in my year started asking each other out about 1 1/2 years ago, I was asked out once and found it was boring because our parents wouldn't let us meet up anywere and I was dumped a few days later. Now its more interesting as many of my friends have...

What if my young puppy is pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

My puppy is about six and a half months She is allways trying to hump my other boy dog, its like she thinks she is the boy. Anyway she hasn't been in heat yet that I know of, there is no sign of blood anywhere, but she is starting to slow down her ating habbits, she won't eat unless you sit besie...

View more questions Search