Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2020, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    The only reason ANY NATION IN THE WORLD ENJOYS ANY FREEDOM is because the United States EXISTS! Now, that is a fact!
    The only reason any nation in the world suffers war today is because the US exists, now that is a fact
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2020, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Fair enough, but the only action you took in Europe prior to our involvement was largely retreating. The point is that at present you take care of yourself and that's about it. If we had not entered the war, you would have been squashed.

That you would even think of bringing up a very minor action such as East Timor just shows how little you guys have done the past twenty years. I'm not being critical of you. Like most Americans, I admire Australia, but I do get tired of your endless, mindless criticism of the U.S. If not for us, the Soviets would be running things now. Either that, or you'd be speaking Japanese.
    You would not have won WWII without Russia if the eastern front did not exist Germany would have repulsed you from Europe so get off the hype and realise WWII was a joint effort and we were with you in Iraq and Afghanistan probably against our better judgement so as to the last twenty years
    and the century before that
    we have been there. My criticism of the US is because of your foreign policy, which is aggressive and unnecessarily violent. We are the greatest doesn't get any salutes here. What have you done lately?
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2020, 07:33 PM
    Paraclete: Come on, now: There would be A LOT MORE WAR if the U.S. was not around!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2020, 07:36 PM
    You would not have won WWII without Russia if the eastern front did not exist Germany would have repulsed you from Europe so get off the hype and realise WWII was a joint effort and we were with you in Iraq and Afghanistan probably against our better judgement so as to the last twenty yearsand the century before that
    It was a joint effort. That part is true. You would have been squashed without us. That part is also true.

My criticism of the US is because of your foreign policy, which is aggressive and unnecessarily violent. We are the greatest doesn't get any salutes here. What have you done lately?
    When your Twin Towers (that you, of course, don't have) are taken down, then you can talk about it. We probably overreacted, but I don't regret our actions against the terrorists. It was well warranted. I'd like to see us pull back, but if we are waiting on the European nations and others (like you) to step in and do more than token actions, then we'll be waiting a long time. There is a part of me that would love to see us pull back from all of our commitments and let the world go to hell in a hand basket. People like you would be singing a different tune.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 20, 2020, 09:24 PM
    Way to rattle your sabers, like the arrogant prick dufus. Who cares about yesterdays history, and the what ifs and if not for's of days past? None of us here now was there, so let's lose the glory talk built on the blood and sacrifice of past heroes who died and sacrificed so you could beat your own drum, and blow your horns about a greatness you have yet to realize in the reality of now. I suppose it's just human nature to hide ones fear on the back of remember when instead of get busy now.

Our elders found a way to get it done now it's our turn to get it done.
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2020, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

Our elders found a way to get it done now it's our turn to get it done.
    Good point, Tal, I sick of been told the US is the saviour of the world, as if noone else does anything. Even in this event we have been to the forefront, identifying drugs that can beat the CV19.
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2020, 03:18 AM
    I sick of been told the US is the saviour of the world, as if noone else does anything.
    Like I said, it is so tempting to just back off and defend fortress America so ungrateful and arrogant people could find out what life would be like without the U.S.
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2020, 05:29 AM
    Well here's a thougt, three candidates for President, two demonrats and one other are of a vulnerable age so will CV be the victor afterall
    Expert

Mar 21, 2020, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Like I said, it is so tempting to just back off and defend fortress America so ungrateful and arrogant people could find out what life would be like without the U.S.
    We seemed to be perfectly happy to kiss Hitler's butt, and sell stuff to Euros on both sides before we were ourselves attacked.
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2020, 06:15 AM
    We seemed to be perfectly happy to kiss Hitler's butt, and sell stuff to Euros on both sides before we were ourselves attacked.
    We were initially neutral, even though we were giving Britain a LOT of help and doing nothing to help Germany. After we were attacked we entered the war. In doing so we completely reversed the course of the war and kept the world from being under the domination of Nazi Germany or the USSR (depending on who won) and Japan. Sounds like a good deal to me. You agree?
    Expert

Mar 21, 2020, 07:30 AM
    All except the part we played with our multinationals that funded the rise of Hitler in the first place.
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2020, 08:36 AM
    All except the part we played with our multinationals that funded the rise of Hitler in the first place.
    What part was that? And I hope you don't respond with your usual, "It's just too much work for me to describe it. I know it all but I'm just too tired to press the keys to type it. Go do the research and then it will all become clear to you."
    Expert

Mar 21, 2020, 08:41 AM
    The multinationals dealing with Germany capitulated to their economic demands that funded Hitler. From GM, IBM, and the movie industry. While the Nazis were kick the jews off the boards of companies, they went along with it for years even after he started taking over other countries.
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2020, 08:46 AM
    What "economic demands" are you talking about?
    Expert

Mar 21, 2020, 11:01 AM
    Keep the money in Germany and contribute to the rearmament effort, and fire the Jews.
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2020, 12:17 PM
    Keep the money in Germany and contribute to the rearmament effort, and fire the Jews.
    I looked that up. It seems to come from a single book written about IBM only. IBM, of course, denies the bulk of the allegations. It seems to be speculation at best. At any rate, the government of the United States was not the participant and that was our topic. When you look at the enormous cost to our country of lives and money, then I think that incident, deplorable if true, pales alongside.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_and_the_Holocaust
    Expert

Mar 21, 2020, 06:06 PM
    I found several different sources here are a couple.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/majo...-collaborators

https://www.toptenz.net/top-10-ameri...-the-nazis.php
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2020, 06:55 PM
    Where do you suppose those sites got their information? At any rate, it makes no difference. The U.S. govt is not responsible for what a stray company or two does.
    Expert

Mar 22, 2020, 02:34 AM
    I don't think you can consider those companies on the list as a stray company or two, to many of them for that, and these were big companies doing business all over the world. To make a buck they helped a monster, and the world paid a terrible price for the way they were allowed to do business. If ever big biz needed a government intervention, that would be it. So saving the world is reduced to just correcting a situation we helped create. If that's anybody's idea of free enterprise then you can keep it.
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2020, 05:10 AM
    I don't necessarily agree or disagree with your analysis. I don't think there is a lot of proof for it, but even if I agreed, it was your sainted dem pres Roosevelt that allowed all of that to go on. To suggest that we played a major role in the development of Hitler's Germany would be a gross exaggeration. To say that we played THE major role in defeating it would be just about right.

It's really OK to be proud of your country. We have done a lot of things well, and we have corrected many of our mistakes. Now, however, things have changed for the worse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elena Kagan the stealth nominee [ 38 Answers ]

After watching the reaction to the President's nomination of Kagan for SCOTUS ,it is clear that unless there is some smoking gun reason ;the Republicans will not be able to mount a serious opposition to her selection. However ,her lack of a "paper trail" ,and judicial record has the left more...

Consent of legal heirs for purchase of flat from nominee [ 2 Answers ]

If I purchase a resale flat in a society from the nominee after death of the owner who has died without making any will, whether consent of other legal heirs of the family is necessary ? What are the pros and cons if consent of others is not taken and an affidavit from nominee owner is taken.

Right wingers Ticked off about Bush nominee [ 2 Answers ]

I've been enjoying all of the fighting on this Conservative site: http://www.townhall.com/blogs/c-log/J%20Garthwaite/story/2005/10/03/159236.html Seems like the conservatives are a bit pissed by Bush's choice... should a liberal be happy about it? Mirza :confused:

View more questions Search