Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkizaharko Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 09:44 PM
    Spousal credit card fraud
    I applied for a credit card in my husbands name and then used it to transfer all of our high interest credit cards onto. He had no knowledge of this in any way. He has since found out and is of course livid. The credit card company knows that he did not apply for this card and that it was myself of which I had the supplemental card that did so. He is not going to press charges. Is the credit card company going to do anything to me? He is not going to dispute the charges and we will pay it down. I had not given this much thought when I did it and of course now I am scared silly. Can you give me some advice?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Helo nik:

You did nothing illegal. You and your husband are a legal unit. One can obligate the other.

As a matter of fact, from a financial point of view, you did GOOD.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit fraud [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I recently found out after pulling a free credit report that someone opened 4 credit cards with high balances and attempted to open 5 others all within 3 months. Well, we just found out it is HIS MOTHER that used his information to open and use these accounts by purchasing stuff...

Which Is Better Debit Card Or Credit Card? [ 20 Answers ]

Which Is Better Debit Card Or Credit Card? We increase our Debts like any thing when we have Credit Card because we spend /buy the goods with free hand / shopping habits, in this case will it not be a better to keep a debit card instead of a credit card? :confused: What are your views on...

No credit. Need suggestions for selecting a credit card with low APR [ 2 Answers ]

Hai, I don't possess a credit card till now. I am planning to buy a car by applying loan. My friends advised me that if I pay my loan premium using a credit card, it would help building my credit history. They also told me to look for 0% APR (any such offer for the first year) or less APR to...

Credit Card fraud [ 8 Answers ]

I paid off a credit card last yr and 3-4 months later the credit card company reopened my account without my consent. I later had to get my credit report pulled to then realize that I was 30 days late for payment. Automatically a red flag went up because I never pay my bills late and guess what,...

Credit fraud? [ 5 Answers ]

My wife recently told me she doesn't want to be married anymore and I can accept that. I also found out she took out a half dozen credit cards in my name and charged up to $25,000.00. Even though we are still married is there any legal action I can take in the state of New Jersey.

View more questions Search