Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2020, 01:04 PM
    I am speechless at your accusation.
    Indeed you are. That's what I'm talking about, your quality of "speechlessness" on the subject.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 13, 2020, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Indeed you are. That's what I'm talking about, your quality of "speechlessness" on the subject.
    Why you are attacking me?
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2020, 02:03 PM
    How am I attacking you? That is not my intention at all. I don't understand where you're coming from, and I do ask questions to gain clarity and, at times, to point out what seems to me to be inconsistencies in your position, but if it comes across as an attack, then we can just drop it. It's not that important.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 13, 2020, 06:29 PM
    i don't think you listened to the interview. He clearly endorsed violence.

What was not accurate about my post?
    show me!
    Expert

Feb 13, 2020, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    ANY call to violence by "organization" should be met with swift arrests, this is the only way that this kind of crap will be quelled and stopped. If you allow BLM to foment violence against another race or any other group, then they will continue to do that from now on and it will not stop. Facts are, if BLM calls for violence you can bet that, one day, they will be met with violence and it will be extreme: But, maybe that is their intention because they are "VICTOMHOOD" group and if they become victims of counter violence, then they can continue claiming VICTIMHOOD.
    You and JL been sneaking off drinking the same Kool Aid or something? Just trying to figure out where this BLM or any activist of color races such a response based on falsehoods. Why can't you Caucasian guys be just as judgmental against all those supremist and nationalists that the dufus nods and winks too? I mean give me a break, peaceful non violent group staging rallies and meetings turns into some kind of threat or something?

Where do you guys get all this false information from any way?
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2020, 07:34 PM
    You and JL been sneaking off drinking the same Kool Aid or something? Just trying to figure out where this BLM or any activist of color races such a response based on falsehoods. Why can't you Caucasian guys be just as judgmental against all those supremist and nationalists that the dufus nods and winks too? I mean give me a break, peaceful non violent group staging rallies and meetings turns into some kind of threat or something?

Where do you guys get all this false information from any way?
    This gets tiresome. It's a 90 second video. You could have listened to it twice in less than five minutes. Instead, I have to waste my time to go back and basically make a transcript so as to straighten out this "false information" hysteria that Tal loves to get into. But in the interest of truthfulness, let's take a go at it.

Tomi L had asked the man if he thought the tactics of BLM were productive. He replied that, "a riot is the language of the unheard," which is plainly a well-rehearsed line and plainly a justification for rioting. He goes on to say that for a country that employs slavery (nonsense) "to criticize us for vandalism is preposterous." He then says that "it is a tool of white supremacists to say that if you want freedom, then protest peacefully." Does that sound to you like a ringing endorsement by him of peaceful means of protest? He concludes by pointing out (in his view) that Americans in the past made progress "through bullets and blood," plainly showing where his sympathies lie.

It's unfortunate that you, a hyper sensitive critic of anything Trump says that sounds the least bit off-center to you, will just blow all of this off and say it amounts to nothing. I guess it's a lot easier to just make a fake appeal to "false information".
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2020, 08:34 PM
    There is alot of hearing what you want to hear. BLM is an excuse to stick it to the man
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2020, 05:28 AM
    Talaniman: I never endorsed a White Supremist...and don't think jlisenbe has, either, from what I read: If you wouldn't want to have them as your neighbor, how could you support them: I wouldn't want to be anywhere around a White Supremist....but BLM is a pyramid scheme group: The people at the top get paid through coercion by "threatening" to hold protests in order to get paid to go away: Its a money scheme.

The NEXT THING you are going to tell us is that ANTIFA is great, nonviolent organization of freedom loving communists: Like I said before, put Antifa and the White Supremist is a fenced-in arena and come back in the morning....with any luck, nobody is still standing: Problem Solved.
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2020, 06:06 AM
    Vac, it's what I've been seeing here for years. If a lib does something, then it's fine. If a conservative does the same thing, it's an outrage. And you're right, Vac. I despise the whole philosophy of white supremacy or any other racial supremacy. It should all be about the individual.
    Expert

Feb 14, 2020, 08:03 AM
    This gets tiresome. It's a 90 second video. You could have listened to it twice in less than five minutes. Instead, I have to waste my time to go back and basically make a transcript so as to straighten out this "false information" hysteria that Tal loves to get into. But in the interest of truthfulness, let's take a go at it.

Tomi L had asked the man if he thought the tactics of BLM were productive. He replied that, "a riot is the language of the unheard," which is plainly a well-rehearsed line and plainly a justification for rioting. He goes on to say that for a country that employs slavery (nonsense) "to criticize us for vandalism is preposterous." He then says that "it is a tool of white supremacists to say that if you want freedom, then protest peacefully." Does that sound to you like a ringing endorsement by him of peaceful means of protest? He concludes by pointing out (in his view) that Americans in the past made progress "through bullets and blood," plainly showing where his sympathies lie.

It's unfortunate that you, a hyper sensitive critic of anything Trump says that sounds the least bit off-center to you, will just blow all of this off and say it amounts to nothing. I guess it's a lot easier to just make a fake appeal to "false information".
    The statement before was that riots were rare less than 1%, and his statement of riots which is important to understand, was very practical to understand the WHY, of such events. His reference to the tools of white supremacy is a well understood and documented condition of whites terrorizing blacks especially in the south not just with the mobs but policies and practices even AFTER slavery. As a black American I have often wondered how my white brothers cannot even acknowledge that even though the hoods have come off their are some that still hold to these practices and have evolved enough to sanitize them with acceptability, and justification using better tools like the way criminals evolve to circumvent everything the law prohibits.

It is a simple statement of fact how America was built through bullets and blood and JL you live close enough to a native reservation to know that history rather well. It's hardly hyper sensitivity to KNOW for fact the contemporary tools of disinformation like putting riots and lootings at the feet of peaceful rally groups like BLM and the NAACP, painting their cause to be heard and exercising that right as nefarious as an excuse to justify not listening to the conversation and just dismissing what they are saying, and obviously though I disagree with your spin I hope the brothers keep speaking out and someday you LISTEN.

Doesn't change the dufus is a corrupt lying crook though which is an entirely different conversation altogether and has nothing to do with the conversation at hand as I have done what you sincerely asked and told you what I thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    There is alot of hearing what you want to hear. BLM is an excuse to stick it to the man
    The MAN has to be stuck and regularly since he is notorious for ignoring some issues to get what HE wants.
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2020, 08:20 AM
    As a black American I have often wondered how my white brothers cannot even acknowledge that even though the hoods have come off their are some that still hold to these practices and have evolved enough to sanitize them with acceptability, and justification using better tools like the way criminals evolve to circumvent everything the law prohibits.
    I actually think that's a fair enough statement, but it's also important to acknowledge that those people comprise a very small portion of the white population and pose but little threat to black people in general, especially compared to the fact that the vast majority of violent crimes committed against black people are done by other black people, a fact that you have yet to acknowledge and that rarely gets mentioned.

peaceful rally groups like BLM
    Not according to the leader on the video. Did you note that at no time did he condemn violence and make a call for peaceful protests? In fact he did pretty much the opposite.

Doesn't change the dufus is a corrupt lying crook though which is an entirely different conversation altogether and has nothing to do with the conversation at hand as I have done what you sincerely asked and told you what I thought about it.
    The issue is now you treat the two groups completely differently. If Trump had said the things the BLM leader said, you would have had a fit about it.
    Expert

Feb 14, 2020, 08:28 AM
    Talaniman: I never endorsed a White Supremist...and don't think jlisenbe has, either, from what I read: If you wouldn't want to have them as your neighbor, how could you support them: I wouldn't want to be anywhere around a White Supremist....but BLM is a pyramid scheme group: The people at the top get paid through coercion by "threatening" to hold protests in order to get paid to go away: Its a money scheme.

The NEXT THING you are going to tell us is that ANTIFA is great, nonviolent organization of freedom loving communists: Like I said before, put Antifa and the White Supremist is a fenced-in arena and come back in the morning....with any luck, nobody is still standing: Problem Solved.
    LOL, stop that defensive stuff. NEVER have I or would I put either of you in the camp of nationalists and supremist, just trying to get you to see things from another perspective by discounting the fake news like your BLM pyramid scheme which you say but not document.

I can assure you I won't be defending Antifa either or trying to fool you into something they are not, but love it when as you say they clash with my enemies the supremists. We totally agree there.
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2020, 08:46 AM
    Still no comment about the fact that the great majority of violence against black people is committed by other black people. Acts of violence by out of control cops or white supremacists are, relatively speaking, very rare, and yet they grab all the headlines. In the meantime, people continue to suffer.
    Expert

Feb 14, 2020, 08:53 AM
    I actually think that's a fair enough statement, but it's also important to acknowledge that those people comprise a very small portion of the white population and pose but little threat to black people in general, especially compared to the fact that the vast majority of violent crimes committed against black people are done by other black people, a fact that you have yet to acknowledge and that rarely gets mentioned.
    It's a moot point because within the black neighborhood is where black people are stuck so who else can they prey upon? Pretty much the same as white on white crime which is just as insidious but not as well known. I'm against both as well as any violence and criminal behavior and I have said before that racist of any ilk are for sure a small population that makes big noise and get headlines making them loom larger than they are but they are a threat to everybody as the potential to spread that hate message is historically alive and well and has grown with technology.

Not according to the leader on the video. Did you note that at no time did he condemn violence and make a call for peaceful protests? In fact he did pretty much the opposite.
    That admission was what the interviewer wanted highlighted and to that extent they succeeded, because what he actually said was lost not just to you, but the audience they were talking to. Maybe you could do your own research on BLM to get what I'm saying.

The issue is now you treat the two groups completely differently. If Trump had said the things the BLM leader said, you would have had a fit about it.
    I don't think it's helpful or fair to judge anyone by what the dufus says and does. But Black activism and unity is crucial to get the equality, equal protection under the law promised by the laws of the land. I don't expect you to understand the what the struggle is but I do expect you to be educated on the tricks and traps, because indeed they are used against white Americans too.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2020, 11:24 AM
    Talaniman: O.K., good point, didn't mean to come across as defensive but don't want you or anyone else thinking I'm "one of those" type low lifes, either.

I also have no documentation of a "Pyramid Scheme" in BLM but there is plenty of anecdotal evidence for this: Look at all the corruption that has taken place in other civil rights groups and the fact that all of these groups have a common thread: Those at the top were compensated handsomely....Jesse Jackson and Al "Charlatan" Sharpton come to mind.
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2020, 11:38 AM
    It's a moot point because within the black neighborhood is where black people are stuck so who else can they prey upon? Pretty much the same as white on white crime which is just as insidious but not as well known. I'm against both
    Wow. Thousands of black deaths a year, but it's just a "moot point". It's not to me, but it is to liberal dems because there's no political advantage in talking about it. It's much more appealing to talk about the one black person killed by an out of control cop than to talk about the corresponding deaths of hundreds of black people because, after all, they were only killed by another black person, so most people really don't give a rat's arse about it. Sickening.

That admission was what the interviewer wanted highlighted and to that extent they succeeded, because what he actually said was lost not just to you, but the audience they were talking to.
    Whatever. It's BLM, so you will never say a critical word about them. They're part of the liberal wing of the dem party.

I don't think it's helpful or fair to judge anyone by what the dufus says and does. But Black activism and unity is crucial to get the equality, equal protection under the law promised by the laws of the land. I don't expect you to understand the what the struggle is but I do expect you to be educated on the tricks and traps, because indeed they are used against white Americans too.
    At least you're honest. Most people wouldn't admit that they will accept anything from black organizations just keep the good ole unity. It's on the level of me saying I accept the KKK because, after all, we white folk have to stick together.
    Expert

Feb 14, 2020, 11:53 AM
    Talaniman: O.K., good point, didn't mean to come across as defensive but don't want you or anyone else thinking I'm "one of those" type low lifes, either.

I also have no documentation of a "Pyramid Scheme" in BLM but there is plenty of anecdotal evidence for this: Look at all the corruption that has taken place in other civil rights groups and the fact that all of these groups have a common thread: Those at the top were compensated handsomely....Jesse Jackson and Al "Charlatan" Sharpton come to mind.
    You're good Vac with me, and point taken on the imperfections of said organization as in any organization that has to be shaken up and reorganized from time to time to stay relevant and up to date. I'll just counter Mr. Jackson, with Falwell, and raise your Sharpton with young Graham and Orwell.
    Expert

Feb 14, 2020, 12:08 PM
    Wow. Thousands of black deaths a year, but it's just a "moot point". It's not to me, but it is to liberal dems because there's no political advantage in talking about it. It's much more appealing to talk about the one black person killed by an out of control cop than to talk about the corresponding deaths of hundreds of black people because, after all, they were only killed by another black person, so most people really don't give a rat's arse about it. Sickening.

Whatever. It's BLM, so you will never say a critical word about them. They're part of the liberal wing of the dem party.

At least you're honest. Most people wouldn't admit that they will accept anything from black organizations just keep the good ole unity. It's on the level of me saying I accept the KKK because, after all, we white folk have to stick together.
    You do realize that I have acknowledge black on black violence, something I know of well, and just add white on white violence is just as insidious. Crazy cops are an entirely different matter that can be addressed with prosecuting the b@stards when it happens and all to often for starters, something we see to little of and should demand a higher standard with cops everywhere. To be clear they do it to white people to, but let's not wash over those unarmed black people shot to death or killed without posing any threat. Be nice if you stop running two different issues together, like it's the same thing. Maybe to you, but to me sounds like another excuse to ignore something by distracting and changing the subject. Very unempathetic of you, and solves NOTHING!

I'll reserve commenting on your BLM position until you've done your own homework so we can at least be on equal footing about this part of the democratic liberal wing.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 14, 2020, 03:52 PM
    A Valentine's Day special report:

A bill introduced Thursday in Alabama’s House of Representatives would require men in the state to undergo vasectomies once they turn 50 years old or father three children, “whichever comes first.”

The bill, authored by Rep. Rolanda Hollis, D-Birmingham, would also require men to pay for the procedure themselves.

"Under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men," according to the text of the bill.

Hollis told AL.com the legislation was in response to the bill passed last year by Alabama legislators which would have nearly banned abortion in the state. A federal judge in October blocked the law, which would have made performing an abortion a felony in almost all cases.

It always takes two to tango," she told AL.com. “We can’t put all the responsibility on women. Men need to be responsible also.

In response to questions on Twitter, Hollis said the bill would "help prevent pregnancy as well as abortion of unwanted children."

"This bill is to help men become more accountable as well as women," she wrote.

https://mail.yahoo.com/mb/folders/1
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2020, 04:03 PM
    You do realize that I have acknowledge black on black violence, something I know of well, and just add white on white violence is just as insidious. Crazy cops are an entirely different matter that can be addressed with prosecuting the b@stards when it happens and all to often for starters, something we see to little of and should demand a higher standard with cops everywhere. To be clear they do it to white people to, but let's not wash over those unarmed black people shot to death or killed without posing any threat. Be nice if you stop running two different issues together, like it's the same thing. Maybe to you, but to me sounds like another excuse to ignore something by distracting and changing the subject. Very unempathetic of you, and solves NOTHING!
    You said it was a moot point earlier. Now you have changed your tune somewhat. As to police violence, I realize it happens, but it is extremely rare compared to black on black violence, and yet that is all that gets talked about. Why is that? Ignore something? Aren't you the one doing that by calling it a "moot point"?

I'll reserve commenting on your BLM position until you've done your own homework so we can at least be on equal footing about this part of the democratic liberal wing.
    So it makes sense to be silent when a BLM leader is endorsing violent behavior? Hmm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's a good face cream that will lighten up scar on my face? [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for something not too expensive and works , I can buy in drug store please

I can't figure out my face shape and I want to get my hair cut to suit my face [ 5 Answers ]

The measurements of my face are: Widest part of cheekbones (cheekbone to cheekbone) - 9 inches Widest part of jaw (widest part on the left to widest part on the right) - 8 inches Widest part of forehead (" ") - 8 inches Length of face - 7 inches It says my face shape is square but it...

Hear no evil see no evil speak no evil [ 1 Answers ]

There was a episode called hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil that aired in the 60's or 70's it was about 7 jars in a basement. Anyway... does anyone know anything about this so I can try to find out more about it? Thanks

View more questions Search