Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2020, 05:55 PM
    Kids have issues, people have issues what it translates into are generational issues and problems, the nanny state mentality has reduced society to wimpish behaviour
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2020, 06:04 PM
    the nanny state mentality has reduced society to wimpish behaviour
    So very true.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2020, 03:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It's amazing how much you know about running a school when you have never so much as taught a single day in one. Saying that "a kid with behavior that crosses the lines of good behavior, and I will show you a kid with unaddressed issues," is basically nothing. It's true sometimes,but with many kids, they are just kids being kids but who are not disciplined at home so they think they can do as they please. No one is writing anyone off so you can just stop your theatrics. Your funding comments are meaningless. If you want to say that the city schools should address these issues, then that's fine, but that doesn't mean parents should be forced to send their kids to those schools. Simplistic statements don't count for much. I have a lot of ideas. When I was principal of one of those schools, and when we had a really good staff, then the school performed very well. But then they had to go out and hire a liberal, northern superintendent who was pathetic, and so the wheels fell off the cart. But like I said. When the community is OK with being just OK, then you have your problem right there.
    Did I hit a nerve there bud? Must I be a school administrator to decide whether a school is good or bad? I'm a parent and have been quite closed and hands on in whatever schools my kids have attended, which often involved school boards and city counsels, so drop the arrogance. Yes schools should address those issues and effectively, and yes parents should have choices about the schools they send their kids to and know the process involved in doing so. That's a LOCAL issue dude. You seem stuck in many areas about somebody forcing you to do something you feel entitled to do and that's fine until you assign blame.

Case in point who hired the pathetic northern liberal superintendent who took the wheels off and how did he do it single handedly?
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2020, 04:47 AM
    Yes schools should address those issues and effectively, and yes parents should have choices about the schools they send their kids to and know the process involved in doing so. That's a LOCAL issue dude.
    You were going really well until you made your last titanically incorrect statement about that being a LOCAL issue. That tells me you know next to nothing about schools. It is not merely local. There are state laws, state regs, fed laws, fed regs, and fed court decisions to try and wade through first.

You seem stuck in many areas about somebody forcing you to do something you feel entitled to do and that's fine until you assign blame.
    Until I assign blame, kind of like you do all the time???

Case in point who hired the pathetic northern liberal superintendent who took the wheels off and how did he do it single handedly?
    If you really knew much about schools, you'd know that the Board of Ed does the hiring. They specifically wanted a black man to run things. He was a complete incompetent, but it still goes back to the community. It's really hard for any school to rise above the community.
    Expert

Mar 23, 2020, 04:55 AM
    What board of education made you hire a black man?
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2020, 05:14 AM
    I thought you said you knew something about schools? The Board of Ed must approve any and all hires, and they actually make the decision of who to hire as Super. It is their decision. It was not MY hire, it was their hire. There were many good, competent black men they could have hired, but this guy was pretty bad
    Expert

Mar 23, 2020, 06:35 AM
    So the feds hired him and not the state or local board? What did he do that was so bad and who fired him for it?
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2020, 06:54 AM
    So the feds hired him and not the state or local board?
    That is rather plainly not what I said. " The Board of Ed must approve any and all hires, and they actually make the decision of who to hire as Super."
    Expert

Mar 23, 2020, 07:59 AM
    I merely asked a question, so why not just answer it, if you know, since I suspect from your other posts the COUNTY school district hired the liberal black guy from the north, and please elaborate how he got the wheels to come off, and what was done about it?
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2020, 08:38 AM
    I merely asked a question, so why not just answer it, if you know, since I suspect from your other posts the COUNTY school district hired the liberal black guy from the north, and please elaborate how he got the wheels to come off, and what was done about it?
    Here's the problem. You asked a question that concerned the feds hiring the guy. Well, if you had read what I posted, you would have known the feds did not do the hiring. Now you are asking a question as to why the county hired him, but it was not the county but the city who hired him. That gets a little frustrating.

Why he failed? He did not pay attention to what he was doing. He did not visit the schools. He did not support the teachers. There was a case of a 9th grade student walking up and punching a female teacher. The man never even checked on her, and the student was sent home with his parent rather than having his arse arrested as should have happened. When you lose your teachers, it's over with.
    Expert

Mar 23, 2020, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Here's the problem. You asked a question that concerned the feds hiring the guy. Well, if you had read what I posted, you would have known the feds did not do the hiring. Now you are asking a question as to why the county hired him, but it was not the county but the city who hired him. That gets a little frustrating.
    Sorry for the frustration in communicating, just trying to pinpoint your specific process for hiring.

Why he failed? He did not pay attention to what he was doing. He did not visit the schools. He did not support the teachers. There was a case of a 9th grade student walking up and punching a female teacher. The man never even checked on her, and the student was sent home with his parent rather than having his arse arrested as should have happened. When you lose your teachers, it's over with.
    Was there a consent decree in place at that time? Was this just one of many similar events and was the superintendent fired, as we did discuss before such action that lead to a DOJ investigation, and lawsuit, so just trying to ascertain if this was related.

Thanks for your patience in advance as I wrap my head around the timeline of events.
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2020, 05:36 PM
    Was there a consent decree in place at that time? Was this just one of many similar events and was the superintendent fired, as we did discuss before such action that lead to a DOJ investigation, and lawsuit, so just trying to ascertain if this was related.
    The consent decree came about after this guy was hired. He had basically nothing to do with that. That was a political show put on by the SCLC. I don't think he was fired. As I remember, he resigned to go elsewhere.
    Expert

Mar 23, 2020, 06:31 PM
    Thanks guy, but let me ask if things are better since those events, regarding testing outcomes and school disciplines? Correct me if I'm wrong but those events happened many years ago so I guess what I'm asking is the changes made to make things better?
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2020, 06:44 PM
    I don't know of any real changes made to make things better. The new super is definitely an improvement, but I'll say again, when you're OK with just being OK, then good luck. Schools are typically no better than what the community insists on.
    Expert

Mar 23, 2020, 11:40 PM
    On that we can agree. Are Ms. schools still open?
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2020, 04:15 AM
    No. They're closed until some point in April.
    Expert

Mar 24, 2020, 06:03 AM
    How about restaurants bars and sporting events where there are big crowds?
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2020, 06:10 AM
    All sporting events have been cancelled. I think a few restaurants are still open but most are carry-out only. I don't know about the bars.
    Expert

Mar 24, 2020, 12:17 PM
    The dufus said yesterday he is considering opening stuff back up because the cure is worse than the disease, so health crisis may be over.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2020, 01:16 PM
    the economy cannot weather many more days off. As it is many of these small businesses being FORCED to shut down will not recover .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

S.S.D.I. threat [ 0 Answers ]

Will Late change in unemployment decision which may result in recoupment against husband.(no fraud involved)threaten my S.S.D.I.monthly payments?I'm his wife and I never filed for unemployment because I'm disabled!

Grave threat [ 3 Answers ]

Can I sue someone living in other country for grave threat to my family?

Bomb threat [ 6 Answers ]

Well, patients are finally back in the hospital and mine is FiNALLY asleep again. Earlier this evening a woman called the hospital and said that she had placed 5 different bombs in different locations around the hospital. They were all set to go off at midnight. Guess what time she called! ...

Threat to be pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have done sex with my boyfriend on 17th and my date of period is 2 or 3. He mistakenly discharged his sperms inside me, this is the first tym he discharged inside me. After 2 days of sex m feeling something in my stomach. Is it a sign of pregnancy or just a pyschological thought because...

Threat of eviction [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has written you several times ahd you all have given us some great advise. Well, we have come up against another situation. We live in a very small town of about 3,000+ people and there is nowhere we can go to ask for help. So we come to you for advise. We had another falling out...

View more questions Search