Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azi_amler090482 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2007, 08:19 PM
    Psoriasis cure?
    A year ago, my scalp was full of dandruff. I have consulted it to dermatologists but they just prescribe me scalp treatment solutions after a while of applying it every night, it just doesn't work for my scalp. I even had some break outs (scaly red patches) on my arms and legs (just minimal can't hardly notice it), I decided to search for it, then the most fitted diagnosis (according to symptoms) was "psoriasis".. I was stressed. Then scales just keeping adding up.. my scalp goes like a dandruff with the head (haha!).. I was really kind of depressed during that time.. I don't want to be like those who are really covered with that (no offense, sorry!).. I'm sort of annoyed with my situation, kind of giving me wrinkles, then I realized one thing, if it will be then let it be... I just think possitively always, laughing is just one, giving jokes is another.. I don't want to be affected with my situation. I don't even took scalp treatment solutions, I just apply jojoba oil on my scalp (to the affected area) then "poof" I'm ready to work again, at night, I'm applying dermovate cream to the affected areas on my legs and some in my arms but its not everyday they are like not more than ten tiny red patches (goes away if appplied).. now, it goes away when I apply jojoba oil then get to the sun plus possitive mood and as always laughter is the best medicine. The red patches and dandruff is not as many as before, really works for me, I know it will never fade away completely but it works slowly just give it time, our body has a natural healing process, don't be affected. Stress will give you something that you don't want.. hope this will help you guys out there.. this is not a question but I think it might help.. thnks.
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 20, 2007, 08:42 PM
    I have psoriasis also. Mine is just like yours-scalp, arms, and legs. It is "mild" according to the doctor but still not a fun thing to deal with. Instead of being one big patch in a certain area, it's little patches on the front of my shins and top of my arms, edges of scalp and ears. About once a month I will use Nizoral Shampoo (the prescription works better because the ingredient is 1% more than over the counter). This really helps me. I have been taking evening primrose oil and fish oil and have really noticed a difference. It is almost gone but I have smooth white patches instead of red which is better. For some reason when I use self tanning lotion it seems to help the psoriasis. When I was pregnant, the psoriasis completely disappeared! It was absolutely wonderful as I have been dealing with this for about 12 years. Anyway, I looked on the internet wondering if anyone else noticed this and apparently high levels of estrogen make it go away-would explain disappearance during pregnancy. I think you can take hormone therapy but I am a little scared because of the controversy of estrogen. Sorry this is lengthy-just wanted to add my two cents. I will have to give the jojoba oil a try and dermovate cream-is it a prescription? :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 21, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Psoriasis is a chronic, hereditary, noncontiguous skin disorder characterized by scaling and inflammation that can develop on virtually any part of the body, even the nails and scalp. There is no known cure for psoriasis, but the condition can be treated and controlled with topical and systemic treatments.

Psoriasis can be treated with Topical steroids, Tar compounds, Anthralin, Vitamin D, Retinoids, Methotrexate and Alefacept. For non-prescription skin treatments, you can use over-the counter treatments, such as moisturizers, creams and lotions containing salicylic acid to remove scales, bath oil and aloe vera creams or lotions.
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 21, 2007, 08:22 AM
    I am just curious Pretty Lady-Did you read the title only or did you read our posts?
    azi_amler090482 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Yup, dermovate is a prescription cream. Really works for my skin. I am using also evening primrose now since fish oil gives me pimples after a while of taking it. Ill try also tanning lotion since I'm tan now I want to maintain it.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 21, 2007, 11:34 PM
    Dermovate contains the active ingredient clobetasol propionate, which is a type of medicine called a corticosteroid. It causes side effects such as skin thinning and can sometimes make psoriasis worse, and may cause a relapse into pustular psoriasis after the treatment is stopped. Please have regular check-ups with your doctor so that he/she can monitor your progress.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone suffers from Psoriasis [ 3 Answers ]

My mother suffers from psoriasis which has affected her feet. What can she do to alleviate the discomfort. She also suffers from dry scalp due to psoriasis as well.

Is there a cure for jealosy and insecurity? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I admit Im a jealous person. Definitely NOT envy but jealousy. I don't like my boyfriend staring at other girls. I don't like him being with female friends. I get upset with it. Im trying to control it and Im not showing him that I'm jealous some times. I am still unsure if that is also...

Getting off the cure [ 2 Answers ]

Having successfully quit smoking using Chantrix, I am wondering if I will experience cravings for cigarettes when I try to stop the medication. Although Chantrix has helped a lot, the withdrawal symptoms still wear you down and I am not sure if I will have the strengh to withstand another couple of...

Psoriasis? [ 4 Answers ]

How does a man treat Psoriasis on his penis? :confused:

View more questions Search