Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2019, 09:43 PM
    Talaniman: I cannot be stereotyped as a racist and I don't know many people who could be labeled that way in the South....it is easy to see, if you know what to look for, and not easy to see EVEN IF you know what to look for because, most of the time, its a hidden thing......However, labeling Trump a racist isn't going to help the Demos get elected, mainly because, if you look at the total body of work Trump has pulled off in the 45+ years he has been out there, he has never shown any racist proclivities....so, "That dog won't hunt"!

I don't condemn just Demo Administrations on what they have done with or to race relations I condemn all of them: I think that they have all sucked pretty hard, some more than others, but all have sucked!

Insofar as the PAINTING QUESTION, JL: Talaniman might be the smartest man in the room on this: Just don't! My wife goads me into painting and then proceeds to criticize the devil out of my painting. I just got finished doing BASEBOARDS throughout the house....and my knees are killing me!!! I am a pretty good painter but I HATE IT! It tortures me......and, if anyone has noticed, the Paint Stores of today are not that skilled at helping you out on either color match or texture match....and, you would think that they would be with all the modern matching gadgetry but they miss more than hit the marks.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 29, 2019, 08:45 AM
    Insofar as the PAINTING QUESTION, JL: Talaniman might be the smartest man in the room on this: Just don't! My wife goads me into painting and then proceeds to criticize the devil out of my painting. I just got finished doing BASEBOARDS throughout the house....and my knees are killing me!!! I am a pretty good painter but I HATE IT! It tortures me......and, if anyone has noticed, the Paint Stores of today are not that skilled at helping you out on either color match or texture match....and, you would think that they would be with all the modern matching gadgetry but they miss more than hit the marks.
    I am allergic to fresh paint! Even if another guy does it, I simply can't be around it. See you when it dries.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2019, 10:39 AM
    I don't mind using a roller brush and attacking flat surfaces. It's the cutting in around doors, baseboards, and window panes that I hate.
    Expert

Nov 30, 2019, 04:43 AM
    The dufus sure hasn't helped his own case concerning race relations nor has his supporters done anything to disspell those stereotypes you guys hate so much. Maybe dems haven't done so great either but a seat at the table is better than none you have to admit.
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2019, 06:27 AM
    Yeah. Trump plainly hates minorities. I guess that explains why we now have the lowest black unemployment in history and the growing support of Trump in the black community.

As to stereotypes, they are, in this case, the same thing as racially prejudiced views. I don't really care much about them. I look at it as someone else's problem.
    Expert

Nov 30, 2019, 07:52 AM
    I think he is more selfish than he is a hater, but uses the stereotypes, fear and hatred of others to get what he wants, so it's not just somebody else's problem.
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2019, 08:59 AM
    I think he is more selfish than he is a hater, but uses the stereotypes, fear and hatred of others to get what he wants, so it's not just somebody else's problem.
    Kind of like Obama did when he referred to those who were clinging to their guns and religion? Kind of like that?
    Expert

Nov 30, 2019, 09:55 AM
    Naw, more like Obama is a Muslim born in Africa, or Mexican judges can't be fair to the dufus or immigrants are rapists, or Ukraine colluded with dems against the dufus, or talk to Rudy or Barr and help them get dirt on the Bidens. Or even "I created the greatest economy the world has ever known".

I could keep going but you get my drift, but will never admit the lies the dufus has told in just 3 years that makes any other human in history an angel in comparison.
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2019, 09:57 AM
    I'll be happy to get honest about Trump when you can bring yourself to get honest about Obama. At least Trump has not lied about negligence which led to the deaths of four Americans.

makes any othe r human in history an angel in comparison.
    Yeah. It reminds us of those "angels" such as Pol Pot, Hitler and Stalin. Good grief, Tal. Do you even bother to read what you post?
    Expert

Nov 30, 2019, 10:31 AM
    Benghazi is your version of reality, as well as how you treat the dufus and everything else we discuss. Unfortunately all your investigations and noise is just proof of repub incompetence that went nowhere. Like I said in the other thread, it's our turn and you better hope we are as feckless as you guys have been because if not, we dump the dufus.

Stay tuned!
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2019, 10:48 AM
    Stay tuned!
    Good advice.

Nov 30, 2019, 12:08 PM
    Talaniman: Dufus being dumped? Not likely: Even now the Schiff Show is waning and the rest of "the pack" of wolves are having cold feet about actually VOTING for such a baseless accusation....and accusation which has changed form since its first inception.....Everyone likes to talk the talk but walking the walk is different story: Like him or not, TRUMP WALKS THE WAY HE TALKS: Did you see he signed the Pro-Democracy Bill on Hong Kong DESPITE THE CHICOM THREATS? TOLD HE REDS TO GO POUND RICE! Do you think Obama would have done that? HELL NO!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2019, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Talaniman: Dufus being dumped? Not likely: Even now the Schiff Show is waning and the rest of "the pack" of wolves are having cold feet about actually VOTING for such a baseless accusation....and accusation which has changed form since its first inception.....Everyone likes to talk the talk but walking the walk is different story: Like him or not, TRUMP WALKS THE WAY HE TALKS: Did you see he signed the Pro-Democracy Bill on Hong Kong DESPITE THE CHICOM THREATS? TOLD HE REDS TO GO POUND RICE! Do you think Obama would have done that? HELL NO!
    You mean Trump found something everyone agreed on? remarkable, you all agreed to interfere in the affairs of another nation while you disagree on how to handle your own affairs. ROFLU! You accuse Russia and the Ukraine of meddling in your affairs while you meddle in the affairs of others. HYPROCRASY your name is AMERICA

Nov 30, 2019, 08:26 PM
    Paraclete: Red China is one country that should be harassed AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY. Those bastards have had it way too their way for way too long a time. Just a few days ago YOU SAID that the ChiComs were INTEFERRING IN AUSTRALIAN ELECTIONS! ChiComs are a big problem: How do you solve big problems? YOU START, SOMEWHERE!

Paraclete: I detest Marxism....and that includes the biggest commie state of all in Red China.....Red China is the threat of threats but, yet, we have people who STILL want to chase Russia down a rabbit hole and they aren't even communist! I am proud to say that I had relatives, on both sides of my family, who did what they could to eliminate the commie scourge from this earth, through lead poisoning, no less. Its too bad that I could go back in time to Jolly Old England and put bullet between Karl Marx's eyes. You know, in this day and age where history is being white washed in the U.S. with the tearing down of statues, the Brits are STILL so proud of the giant turd called Karl Marx: He has a huge statue standing in England.....now that is truly disgusting but, at least they are owning up to having harbored and nurtured and given safe refuge to the POS!
    Expert

Dec 1, 2019, 02:50 AM
    Nothing has changed, the message for impeachment is just being honed and WILL be presented to the senate soon enough. What has changed is the repubs defense of the dufus, which is falling apart as more EVIDENCE is being gathered. You know FACTS that the dufus tried to keep quiet? You can ignore it at your own peril all you want, but I doubt you can just dismiss it without consequence like you hope.

All criminals and bad guys deny their crimes and the dufus seems to have the jury rigged heavily in his favor, but the senate isn't the only ones to pass judgement. You wish it was.
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2019, 05:43 AM
    Nothing has changed, the message for impeachment is just being honed and WILL be presented to the senate soon enough. What has changed is the repubs defense of the dufus, which is falling apart as more EVIDENCE is being gathered. You know FACTS that the dufus tried to keep quiet?
    Do you engage in these fantasies very often? Having a Senate trial will be, in some ways, a windfall for the repubs. When they put people like Schiff and H Biden up there under oath, then the truth is going to start to come out and it won't be good for the dems.

Dec 1, 2019, 07:01 AM
    JL: Is the Senate Trial a "Criminal Trial"? By that, I mean can a turd like HB be "uncovered" and set up to pursued in a criminal case? That would be great!

Talaniman: The Dufus, as you call President Trump, can always DEFER/APPEAL to SCOTUS and guess what? SCOTUS is decidedly leaning Right.....and its only going to get worse when RBG goes down: Trump will appoint someone even further to the Right than Judge who is on there now: The Courts scare the pure hell out of the left.
    Expert

Dec 1, 2019, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Do you engage in these fantasies very often? Having a Senate trial will be, in some ways, a windfall for the repubs. When they put people like Schiff and H Biden up there under oath, then the truth is going to start to come out and it won't be good for the dems.
    What an interesting fantasy you have concocted. Even if they Biden or Schiff could be compelled to testify, what bearing would that have on any charges against the dufus? That's right, NONE!

JL: Is the Senate Trial a "Criminal Trial"? By that, I mean can a turd like HB be "uncovered" and set up to pursued in a criminal case? That would be great!

Talaniman: The Dufus, as you call President Trump, can always DEFER/APPEAL to SCOTUS and guess what? SCOTUS is decidedly leaning Right.....and its only going to get worse when RBG goes down: Trump will appoint someone even further to the Right than Judge who is on there now: The Courts scare the pure hell out of the left.
    You guys are really screwy today. There is no appeal to SCOTUS and sole judgement in an impeachment trial rests with the senate.

Dec 1, 2019, 11:24 AM
    Talaniman: I asked because I didn't know.....O.K., now I know.

Biden and Schiff do have a bearing on events: All you have to ask is "Who is the CHIEF LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER IN THE LAND?" If you think its head of the FBI, you are wrong! Its the POTUS! That means, if Trump thought Biden had committed sins in Ukraine or any other damned place in the world, it is Trump's right, NO, HIS OBLIGATION TO HIS OFFICE, to go find out what the hell BIDEN did and to get as much information on the CRIMES THAT BIDEN COMMITTED so that he can be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law! By conditions of The Office Of The President, Trump can go after Schiff for all his filthy leaking of information and his underhanded, illegal acts. TRUMP IS STILL THE MAN WITH THE BIG STICK!
    Expert

Dec 1, 2019, 12:00 PM
    I will repeat, there is a process by which our government can investigate foreigners, and Americans in a foreign land and that was not, and has NOT been done. It starts with the DOJ asking the foreign government formally to do so and certainly not with a do me a favor phone call from the Prez. In addition, there is a formal process to with hold financial or military aid to a foreign government that the congress and the defense dept has to review and the Prez has to sign. That was done so if there were questions the dufus should have raised them before he signed the thing and certainly not through OMB after the fact or in secret. That also requires a formal notice to the congress which was NOT done and that was against the law. Here's the LAW again, that you obviously missed.

'Title X of the Act, also known as the Impoundment Control Act of 1974, specifies that the President may request that Congress rescind appropriated funds. If both the Senate and the House of Representatives have not approved a rescission proposal (by passing legislation) within 45 days of continuous session, any funds being withheld must be made available for obligation. Congress is not required to vote on the request, and has ignored most Presidential requests.[4] In response, some[who?] have called for a line item veto to strengthen the rescission power and force Congress to vote on the disputed funds.The Act was passed in response to feelings in Congress that President Nixon was abusing his power of impoundment by withholding funding of programs he opposed. The Act, especially after Train v. City of New York (1975), effectively removed the presidential power of impoundment.[5]In late November 2019, the obscure Impoundment Control Act made news during the Trump impeachment investigation, as two budget office staffers resigned over their concerns over apparent improprieties regarding the hold of approved Ukraine military funds. Among the concerns was the questionable transfer of decision-making authority to a political appointee.[6][7][8][9]"

So the notion the dufus has unlimited unrestricted power and authority is BOGUS! By that measure the congress under article I of the constitution has as MUCH power as the dufus, so Schiff and the boys and girls are certainly equal as the prez, since they own the big stick in the House.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Election [ 1 Answers ]

True or False If the house has to decide on the Presidency, the speaker of the house would break A tie. PLEASEEE HELP!

Meddling, micromanaging mother-in-law [ 10 Answers ]

Since my husband and I were engaged (and some before) my mother-in-law has meddled in and attempted to micromanage details of our lives. She (not a Christian) called my house of worship a "__ing church" when she thought we were getting married in a church. She criticized the invitations, registry...

Investigation [ 2 Answers ]

I am a CNA in NYS currently under investigation for neglict. If I am found guilty, I know that I would have my certification taken away to work in a nursing home. Would I however be able to work in other aspects of human services?

I messed my daughter's life up w/ my meddling! [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, so I'll try and be brief. I had a HUGE falling out w/ a friend. We're now not friends anymore. (I posted the issue already, "Did I betray my friend"). My friends daughter has it out for my daughter. They're 16. The girl's popular and has a ton of allies. My daughter has only one friend, and...

Hit and Run Investigation [ 5 Answers ]

Last Sunday I left a party and decided to stop by a McDonalds to get a bite to eat. I bumped a cab as I was in the drive through. Because I had been drinking, I wasn't thinking clearly. I waited with the driver of the cab in the parking lot for the police to arrive. But after about 20 minutes,...

View more questions Search