Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 15, 2019, 07:38 AM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patric...e_(consultant)

According to Greenpeace, Moore is "a paid spokesman for the nuclear industry, the logging industry, and genetic engineering industry"
    [3]
    who "exploits long-gone ties with Greenpeace to sell himself as a speaker and pro-corporate spokesperson".
    [4]

Everybody has an agenda and profit is a great motivation for that agenda.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2019, 08:28 AM
    Do you apply that equally to your side?
    Expert

Dec 15, 2019, 09:38 AM
    I said everybody!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2019, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patric...e_(consultant)

According to Greenpeace, Moore is "a paid spokesman for the nuclear industry, the logging industry, and genetic engineering industry"
    [3]
    who "exploits long-gone ties with Greenpeace to sell himself as a speaker and pro-corporate spokesperson".
    [4]

You don't like someone who has a reasoned argument
    Expert

Dec 15, 2019, 04:33 PM
    Not a matter of like, Clete but how much weight you give one guys opinion. Getting paid to say stuff isn't that endearing in my mind.
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2019, 05:32 PM
    Not a matter of like, Clete but how much weight you give one guys opinion. Getting paid to say stuff isn't that endearing in my mind.
    I say the same sort of stuff and I am not paid for it, thing is; climate change and CO2 being responsible for it is just opinion
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2019, 11:44 PM
    More stupidity
    The response to the fires is; we are on fire act now, as if announcing a new CO2 target would immediately make a difference. But the fact is no level of action in this nation will make any difference to the incidence of fire, or climate change in general. CO2 emissions are a northern hemisphere problem, if they are a problem at all, any contribution we make to emissions is very small. Fires happen, it is cyclical, and this time round; idiot attempts to control fire with backburning on a windy day has had a predictable outcome, fire jumping containment and loss of houses, small towns, important environmental gardens. My prayer is please preserve us from well meaning actions
    Expert

Dec 16, 2019, 07:07 AM
    Unfortunately Clete hard to make policy in the midst of crisis when dealing with the crisis is the priority. No doubt there will be many lessons to learn after it's over whenever that is but obviously whatever measures you had in place before were inadequate to prevent this crisis. I say the same thing about our own meager efforts after going through many years of many crisises.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2019, 02:07 PM
    Unfortunately Clete hard to make policy in the midst of crisis when dealing with the crisis is the priority. No doubt there will be many lessons to learn after it's over whenever that is but obviously whatever measures you had in place before were inadequate to prevent this crisis. I say the same thing about our own meager efforts after going through many years of many crisises.
    As I said Tal it is cyclical and known to be an eleven year cycle so our efforts will remain meagre because you cannot have resources standing around for long periods. I don't know why the military have not been committed to help. anyway more smoke, this is not a healthy place to be
    Expert

Dec 17, 2019, 08:17 AM
    Waiting for the rain or the fires to burn themselves out is the hard part. We do it every year. Hope JL dodged those tornados tearing up the south.
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2019, 03:46 PM
    Waiting for the rain or the fires to burn themselves out is the hard part. We do it every year. Hope JL dodged those tornados tearing up the south.
    Yes, Tal no rain in sight, visibility down to 100 metres this morning, very bad situation with deaths and many more buildings lost. I had to turn off the AC last night to stop it sucking smoke in. I think if the British had known 250 years ago what we know now they may not have colonised this place
    Expert

Dec 19, 2019, 08:29 PM
    Yeah they still would have exiled folks thar, and anybody else who wanted to go.
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2019, 05:34 AM
    Yeah they still would have exiled folks thar, and anybody else who wanted to go.
    that is what happened, this was the eighteenth century equivalent of Mars
    Expert

Dec 20, 2019, 06:52 AM
    You could go back to where you came from and corrected your past mistakes.
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2019, 02:53 PM
    You could go back to where you came from and corrected your past mistakes.
    My people came from Ireland as free settlers
    Expert

Dec 20, 2019, 03:42 PM
    So? What's your point? Can't go back or something?
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2019, 04:35 PM
    So? What's your point? Can'tgo back or something?
    Nothing to go back to, I'm sixth generation and 77, it is all long ago and my history is here, not rooted in the battles of a millenium and religion.

If I go to those places they are not home, I've been to Europe, etc as the say, see the pyramids along the Nile, etc and my observation is there is no better place than here. Even with the threats posed by climate etc, this is a good place, not beset by the issue others face
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2019, 06:59 PM
    "No place like home," they say. I'm 2nd generation Irish - Clare, Cork, and Kerry in the Southwest. All the old ones are gone - along with their brogues and lyrical way of expresssion. A great people.
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2019, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    "No place like home," they say. I'm 2nd generation Irish - Clare, Cork, and Kerry in the Southwest. All the old ones are gone - along with their brogues and lyrical way of expresssion. A great people.
    Yes indeed, my people left Antrim in 1822
    Expert

Dec 21, 2019, 07:31 AM
    Guess you ain't going back then and why should you? This seems like a temporary condition even if only Mother Nature will know when it's over. Be safe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Climate change?? [ 35 Answers ]

Hello: Look, I'm a climate change denier too, but this is some crazy weather we're having, huh? So, even though global warming is a hoax, if my home had been destroyed by Sandy, I wouldn't temp fate again. I'd move or rebuild it on stilts. You? 98% of the worlds scientists AGREE that...

Climate Change [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it there? How has it changed? What are the different perspectives? What has been done?

Climate Change? [ 195 Answers ]

Hello: I seem to recall that when it was cold, the climate change deniers said, LOOK at that. It's cold. Global warming MUST be a hoax... Ok, LOOK at that. Massive flooding in the mid west, massive drought in the south west, unending tornadoes, and a humongous snow pack. If we have a hot...

EU Agrees Climate Change [ 95 Answers ]

Hello Today ahead of a meeting in Copenhagen it was agreed that the EU will fund the improvement of the newer states to help them bring into line their emissons News Sniffer - Revisionista 'EU strikes climate funding deal' diff viewer (2/3) The essence is the EU will offer some 100bn...

View more questions Search