Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2020, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Yeah. They should try that in something other than the previous kangaroo court setting. "Your Honor, we, the prosecution, have now decided to allow the defendant to have counsel present in the courtroom during the last 10% of this trial." See how far that would get you.
    Geez louise! That wasn't the trial part of this process.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2020, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    That's the best you got ? That of course was an ironic throw away line to mock how the FBI colluded to cover up evidence of the disappearance of Evita's and the DNCs emails. But you already knew that . You don't believe for one second that on national tv Trump would ask Russia to interfere in the election .You are not that naïve even if the Dems think you are .

When was that 70 days after the Dems began holding hearings in the Capitol basement ?
    You've got to stop watching FOX News, Tom, and get past HC and the emails. That's dead news. But I understand why you don't want to pay attention to Trump's impeachment.

The Dems have him six ways from Sunday with enough overwhelming evidence to send the crook packing and to take his cronies with him - Barr, Pompeo, and Rudy, et al. But the real question is Will they convict? Undoubtedly, no.

The Trump Cult is in mortal fear of their Dear Leader and there's little chance any of them will develop the necessary cujones to find the backbone to do the right thing. That's what happens when you give a street thug all that power.

The immediate danger is Trump getting worse as his mental instability continues downhill. Look for the nutcase to get "swamped" in November.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 22, 2020, 07:47 PM
    Quite an eloquent and comprehensive presentation by the House managers. They wrap up tommorow. Yeah I'm fighting the urge to chant "LOCK HIM UP!'

Trust me it's not as easy as I make it look!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2020, 08:31 PM
    Trust me it's not as easy as I make it look!
    Exactly correct.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2020, 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Yeah I'm fighting the urge to chant "LOCK HIM UP!'
    Well Tal, just as well this isn't a criminal proceeding. Noone gets locked up unless you count the unfortunate senators who have to accept being regaled with political diatribe
    Expert

Jan 23, 2020, 03:59 AM
    Not only did the dufus break the law by trying to leverage a foreign government to influence the 2020 elections, he violate the impound act by holding up funds without the due process that MUST go through the congress, but also with held illegally the whistle blower complaint from the congress, so you say this isn't a criminal proceedings? Aw your right Clete, the senate cannot decide or levi any criminal prosecutions or sentences only remove the offender and leave the criminal stuff to a REAL court of law...after he is removed.

Go ahead repubs, exonerate the dufus, there is plenty more stuff to be revealed before the election.
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2020, 05:48 AM
    Go ahead repubs, exonerate the dufus, there is plenty more stuff to be revealed before the election.
    The battle cry of the liberal dems. "Just wait til you see what we have tomorrow!"
    Expert

Jan 23, 2020, 06:27 AM
    Naw, the libs are saying look at what the dufus has done now! Is it our fault he's a crook who lies cheats and steals? I can understand repubs don't want to hear that though, they would rather just bad mouth the libs.
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2020, 06:53 AM
    Naw, the libs are saying look at what the dufus has done now! Is it our fault he's a crook who lies cheats and steals?
    It must now bother you too much. After all, you voted for HC.
    Expert

Jan 23, 2020, 09:54 AM
    Yup, you seem to be catching on.
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2020, 10:11 AM
    Ha. I caught on long ago. It's OK to be a liar and a cheat as long as you support liberal causes.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2020, 02:30 PM
    I don’t see how people who didn’t balk at the emperor's refusal to give Ukraine lethal aid (what did he send them again ? non-lethal Blankets ? ) can as "as a policy matter"object to a brief delay in military aid as a horrendous blow to Ukraine’s defense. Of course the emperor's withholding aid to Ukraine, Pakistan, Philippines, Egypt, Honduras, & Mexico was not violating any obscure law that has been " violated " by every President since it was adopted by a vindictive Congress in 1974 .

Hours and hours of droning by Schiff … The President's lawyers will be able to mount their defense in less than half the time. …..

and who bragged about withholding that foreign aid until Ukraine fires the prosecutor who was investigating the company that his son (who isn't qualified to pump gas let alone be on the board of directors of a major energy company )was collecting checks for a no show job......no other than Quid pro Joe Biden
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2020, 05:10 PM
    I don’t see how people who didn’t balk at the emperor's refusal to give Ukraine lethal aid (what did he send them again
    There's a lot you don't see.

a brief delay in military aid as a horrendous blow to Ukraine’s defense.
    Any delay in a war is hardly brief. How many were killed or injured during that delay? It's worse when the delay is to force an ally to make a negative approach to a domestic rival of Trump. Note- Trump didn't give a s*** about corruption until Biden appeared on the horizon as a possible candidate in 2020. (The very notion of Trump caring about corruption is hilarious).

Hours and hours of droning by Schiff … The President's lawyers will be able to mount their defense in less than half the time.
    The House Managers have been brilliant. Focused and loaded with proof - video testimony, emails, in person before Congress, so many most of which are Trump's people. The president's lawyers have already shown themselves to be unprepared, and reduced to name-calling as a defense.

Yeah, The Trump lawyers will take much less time, because they have no defense - NADA, NOTHING.

and who bragged about withholding that foreign aid until Ukraine fires the prosecutor

You left out that Biden was on National Security business and backed by the European Union and anyone else who knew what was going on. Apparently, that doesn't stop you from repeating right-wing loony talking points.

. who was investigating the company that his son was on the board of directors collecting a check
    More looniness from the right. Hunter Biden was NEVER investigated by Ukraine. In fact. Ukraine has stated there is no evidence of wrong doing by Hunter Biden. The truth never stops you righties from fibbing, does it?
    Expert

Jan 23, 2020, 05:26 PM
    I though everybody knew that Hunter Biden worked for the company Burisma hired as an outside consultant. That's who paid him, and being on the board was part of the deal. Rich boys white collar boys do it all the time. What a dodge to hide behind while you smear a political opponent.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2020, 06:06 PM
    How many were killed or injured during that delay?
    ZERO were killed due to the delay . .The funds were always scheduled to arrive after mid-Sept I ask you though .How many Ukranians died while the emperor refused to sign lethal aid to Ukraine ?
    Poroshenko came to Washington to plead his case in 2014 to a joint session of Congress;with Quid pro Joe sitting directly behind him in the chamber .

The emperor was unmoved because he feared that giving lethal aid to Ukraine would provoke Putin, So instead he sent blankets and MREs . At least the Ukraine soldiers died with a full stomach I guess.

If lethal aid was as vital to countering the Russian threat a,, then why didn’t the United States provide it when Biden was the emperor's point man on Ukraine?

More looniness from the right. Hunter Biden was NEVER investigated by Ukraine.
    I never said he was .I said the company that paid him for a no show job was being investigated
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2020, 06:16 PM
    How many Ukranians died while the emperor refused to sign lethal aid to Ukraine ?
    You still don't get it. This is about Trump, not Obama.

I never said he was .I said the company that paid him for a no show job was being investigated
    So what??
    Expert

Jan 23, 2020, 06:16 PM
    Obama had no wish to give lethal weapons to a corrupt government, nor provoke Putin to escalate and the rest of Europe was right there with him. A few facts you righties like to leave out of the narrative trying to make the dufus lies ring true. It's no wonder you don't want to know what else the dufus is hiding. You don't think his re election scheme is neferious?
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2020, 06:40 PM
    so why are the Dems so hot to give Ukraine lethal aid now ? Ukraine did not change with the single act of electing someone who plays the President on tv .
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2020, 08:31 PM
    so why are the Dems so hot to give Ukraine lethal aid now ? Ukraine did not change with the single act of electing someone who plays the President on tv .
    Ukraine is an ally. Russia is not an ally. Ukraine is defending itself against Russia. Russia seeks to re-establish its territory as under the Soviets. Trump has a bromance with fellow bully Putin. Zelensky is trying to rid Ukraine of corruption.

Whose side are you on, Tom?
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2020, 08:42 PM
    How is it that ANYONE thinks that the Schiff or any of the other Demo Congressional mouthpieces have done a "brilliant" presentation? There WAS NOTHING BRILLIANT about any of it: It wasn't BRILLIANT the first time Schiff said it in the Impeachment persecution and its not BRILLIANT now. They presented NO EVIDENCE OF ANY WRONG DOING, only accusations and conjecture. NO FIRSTHAND ACCOUNTS WHATSOEVER DIRECTLY LINKING TRUMP TO ANYTHING ILLEGAL. Demos are building sandcastles in the air. Schiff is an egomaniac who wants to get in front of camera whenever he can do so: In his little mind, he thinks he is a scholarly law professor: He couldn't argue his way out of a wet paper bag: he's horrible! Schiff is a real scumbag and people see that now, he's exposed himself far too much.

And Nadler? OMG!!! Now, that is one guy that needs his pulse taken: He looks like the Walking Dead....or a version of Batman's "Penguin".

No, you can embellish it as much as and any way you wish but the House Managers are convincing no one of anything. Their arguments are groundless and their presentations are terrible.

At this point, everyone in the U.S. realizes that this whole effort is all about trying to damage Trump is some form or fashion so he doesn't BEAT THE DEMOS ARSES IN NOV. 2020. SORRY: TRUMP IS GOING TO BEAT YOUR ARSES ANYWAY IN NOV. 2020! Your little play in the Senate is going nowhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Impeachment [ 174 Answers ]

As Trump continues to dismantle NATO which is critical to the peace of the world and has been for 70 years, and as Trump continues to cater to the Putin enemy who is determined to bring down the United States and its allies, it is time to talk seriously about impeachment. No longer should decent...

It's time to drawup articles of impeachment [ 45 Answers ]

Barack and his minions are way out there in the left-lands of marxism and fascism. They have declared war on individualism, the right to contract, the right to own property, and now the right to free speech: "The White House is calling on other news organizations to isolate and alienate Fox News...

President Clinton's impeachment [ 2 Answers ]

When President Clinton was impeached, why wasn't he removed from office? Now I understand that the Illinois governor is going to be removed from office if he is impeached. What's the deal?

Online poll: "Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment?" [ 12 Answers ]

Live Vote: Should Bush be impeached? - Politics - MSNBC.com The currrent results may surprise you.

View more questions Search