Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Samosa Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Kenmore washer Motor thermal switch
    Is there any thermal automatic reset switch built into the washer motor. My washer is direct drive kenmore washer model #110.92588210. If so if it is restting frequently, can I change the switch or do I have to replace the motor? My washer runs for few seconds and stops and starts again and stops after few seconds.

Apr 21, 2007, 10:02 PM
    The problem was the speed switch. The contacts of the switch were fused together. I replaced the switch (called Cycle Switch which changes the speed of the motor) and the washer is running fine.
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 21, 2007, 10:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Samosa
    The problem was the speed switch. The contacts of the switch were fused together. I replaced the switch (called Cycle Switch which changes the speed of the motor) and the washer is running fine.
    I hope you took my advice and didn't buy a timer! Hey Somosa, sometimes I know my Sh!t! ;)

Apr 22, 2007, 06:51 PM
    RalphS, You really know your stuff. Thanks a lot. I bought the Timer though. I opened up the existing timer to see if anything was wrong inside. I could not find anything wrong, but I could not put together back in the same way. That is the reason I had to spend about $114, including shipping.
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 22, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Samosa
    That is the reason I had to spend about $114, including shipping.
    Well, I don't know which part of the country you live but if you were in my area, that $114 would be fairly close to what I would have charged, I get 75 dollars for the service plus whatever the parts are. But if you get factory service or Sears, the bill would be at least fifty dollars more.:eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

89 Honda CRX 1.5L Testing Thermal Switch for Radiator Fans) [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 1989 Honda CRX 1.5L that has two fans on the Radiator. The car seems to want to overheat and bubble out into the overflow bottle. I have replaced the cap and tested the fan motors. I noticed that the radiator seems to boil over before the fans ever kick on. I have been told that...

Kenmore Front Load Washer Model 417.41042000 - No Motor Movement [ 1 Answers ]

I found a troubleshooting guide inside the cabinet that says, "...set timer to the start of the Regular wash cycle and pull the know out. If the motor does not rotate, check for a poor connection in the timer line switch or door lock switch. If good, and motor does not run go to step 3". ...

Kenmore washer centrifugal switch [ 1 Answers ]

What is the purpose of centrifugal switch

How to replace thermal cutoff switch [ 1 Answers ]

Want to know the location of thermal cutoff switch on Y Magic chef electric dryer so that I can replace with new one. Model # YE/YG225LV

View more questions Search