Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2019, 11:50 AM
    Bible story. Second-hand report. Teaching moment, the writer decided.
    What an innovative dodge to the question. So it's merely a Bible story and a "second hand report" from the book of Acts, and therefore not to be seriously considered? Really?

Are you serious that no one ever comes into your church and asks how to become a Christian???
    Nope. That's not the question.
    So your church has no interest in helping people to become Christians? Strange.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    What an innovative dodge to the question. So it's merely a Bible story and a "second hand report" from the book of Acts, and therefore not to be seriously considered? Really?
    You must not have delved into the goings on, the culture, the mindset of that time.
    That's not the question.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2019, 12:17 PM
    I have never suggested we should be cruel to anyone. As is sometimes the case, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Let me remind you - "Unbelievers spend eternity in punishment in hell". Your belief.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 12:21 PM
    I have never suggested we should be cruel to anyone. As is sometimes the case, I have no idea what you are talking about.
    Of course you do, as we have discussed before the cruelty on our southern border that good Christians ignore, dismiss, or worst of all condones. I simply want the rationale that YOUR bible, allows such a thing.
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2019, 12:26 PM
    You must not have delved into the goings on, the culture, the mindset of that time.
    Oh good grief. How weak. You are basically saying the Bible is utterly untrustworthy. Why do you even bother to read it?

That's not the question.
    It's the one you are afraid to answer. I had forgotten how you are so evasive.

Of course you do, as we have discussed before the cruelty on our southern border that good Christians ignore, dismiss, or worst of all condones. I simply want the rationale that YOUR bible, allows such a thing.
    If you are saying I have said we should be cruel to people, then you are lying. I've never said that. Not trying to be rude, but I will not put up with that level of slander.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2019, 12:33 PM
    I will not put up with that level of slander.
    A statement is not slander when it's true.
    Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 12:35 PM
    Everyone thinks their writings is the word of God, but why would anyone else take the word of flawed men for such a claim? Indeed is not the writings of ancient man by definition a second hand account? How can it be otherwise since they're dead?

I think we have discussed before all the variations of one religion, so is this, but another examples of those divisions? In addition if one "church" has another truth that doesn't match another churches "truth", then how does anyone know who has the one truth?

Or does it really matter which church you belong too if they are all Christian churches? How would one know which is the truth?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 12:41 PM
    Oh good grief. How weak. You are basically saying the Bible is utterly untrustworthy. Why do you even bother to read it?
    I wish you'd have some curiosity about stuff.
    It's the one you are afraid to answer. I had forgotten how you are so evasive.
    The ball is in YOUR court, sweetie.
    If you are saying I have said we should be cruel to people, then you are lying. I've never said that. Not trying to be rude, but I will not put up with that level of slander.
    Tal's right. Yes, you said that.
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2019, 12:50 PM
    I wish you'd have some curiosity about stuff.
    I have great curiosity, but have no desire to live in foggy land.

The ball is in YOUR court, sweetie.
    I have no idea what you are talking about, but if you have a question, I assure you I will answer it with no evasiveness. I hope to be a good example to you. If you mean suggesting people become a Christian, I do it constantly as Jesus said we should in that famous, second-hand quote from Matthew which, in your world, seems to be of dubious value.

Tal's right. Yes, you said that.
    Any statement to the effect that I have said we should be cruel to people is an absolute lie. If you are sure of yourself, then you could, of course, post the quote, but you won't since it's not out there. And again, I don't mean to be rude, but that kind of outrageous slander is too much.
    Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    What say you?
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2019, 02:57 PM
    What say you?
    About a quote from YOU??? That's all you've got? You'll have to do a lot better than that.

Your entire approach on the southern border is just a swipe at Trump. You have done, so far as I know, not a single thing to help those people.

I do not condone cruelty on any level. You are fine with the excessively cruel destruction of human life with abortion. What say you about that?

But one thing I do like about you, Tal. You are not afraid to take a position on issues of the day and you are not afraid to answer simple questions or state what you believe.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 03:01 PM
    I have great curiosity, but have no desire to live in foggy land.
    "No edicaton for me, tanks."
    I have no idea what you are talking about, but if you have a question, I assure you I will answer it with no evasiveness. I hope to be a good example to you. If you mean suggesting people become a Christian, I do it constantly as Jesus said we should in that famous, second-hand quote from Matthew which, in your world, seems to be of dubious value.
    And that's the wrong way to go about it. BIG turnoff!
    Any statement to the effect that I have said we should be cruel to people is an absolute lie. If you are sure of yourself, then you could, of course, post the quote, but you won't since it's not out there. And again, I don't mean to be rude, but that kind of outrageous slander is too much.
    I have been Swedish death-cleaning this afternoon. Will take a break and find it in a while.
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2019, 03:39 PM
    And that's the wrong way to go about it. BIG turnoff!
    When we baptize men at the Drug Rehab center, we'll baptize a dozen. Must be working. When was the last time you led a soul to faith in Christ?

I have been Swedish death-cleaning this afternoon. Will take a break and find it in a while.
    I'll wait patiently.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 03:45 PM
    When we baptize men at the Drug Rehab center, we'll baptize a dozen. Must be working. When was the last time you led a soul to faith in Christ?
    I'm working with a trans woman right now.
    I'll wait patiently.
    Awwwwww!
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2019, 04:06 PM
    I'm working with a trans woman right now.
    To lead her to repentance and faith in Christ? If so, then wonderful and good for you
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 05:15 PM
    To lead her to repentance and faith in Christ? If so, then wonderful and good for you
    Hmmmmm, what's your understanding of transgender? Maybe I should start a new thread somewhere.
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2019, 05:24 PM
    Hmmmmm, what's your understanding of transgender? Maybe I should start a new thread somewhere.
    I really wonder what your understanding of the gospel is.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 05:30 PM
    I really wonder what your understanding of the gospel is.
    You're saying transgender folks are going to hell?
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2019, 05:34 PM
    You're saying transgender folks are going to hell?
    I simply said that person needs to repent. That is true of every sinner who comes to Christ. There is no other route. I mean repent in the sense that I was going my own way, but now I am going to go God's way. I am going to follow Jesus.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2019, 05:44 PM
    I simply said that person needs to repent. That is true of every sinner who comes to Christ. There is no other route. I mean repent in the sense that I was going my own way, but now I am going to go God's way. I am going to follow Jesus.
    She doesn't need a sermon. She needs unconditional love.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Trump is making noise about taking Iraq's oil again... [ 22 Answers ]

Hello: Since he's NOW president, the Iraqi's BELIEVE him. Why wouldn't they?? Did he put our troops in danger? Our soldiers are fighting ISIS right alongside Iraqi forces.. If those forces get an inkling that the soldiers they're fighting WITH, are gonna TAKE their oil, how long will...

View more questions Search