Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2019, 07:03 AM
    The emperor's new castle in the sand.
    Because nothing show concerns about climate change and rising sea levels then buying a Ocean front $15M 12 acre Mansion ,the emperor is going to purchase one on the water front of Martha's Vinyard . Forget the carbon footprint. That is off the charts . Maybe he is a closet climate denier . Or maybe he thinks he can purchase carbon offsets as a mea culpa .

quick quiz …..who said this ?
    " I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money."

I'm betting there is a pretty sophisticated security system including a wall or a gate to keep people out .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 23, 2019, 08:10 AM
    You would begrudge the ex president the same trappings he earned, and chooses, with the false equivolancy of climate change? Come on man.
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2019, 11:48 AM
    I begrudge him nothing .Just another case where I am calling out hypocricy .

We had another case this week where Elton John was defending that great climate crusador Prince Harry hobnobbing around in fuel consuming private jets .Elton said that Harry's use of the jets were ok and said that he personally paid the carbon offsets . bwaaahaaaaahaaahaaaaa !!!!!!

Anyway ,if the emperor is as concerned about climate change as he claims to be then he probably should consider a mountain home instead of a sea side mansion. Hey AOC says we have six years .
    Expert

Aug 23, 2019, 01:55 PM
    I fail to see the connection between a seaside mansion and GW/CC, or the hypocrisy. I'ts like the argument of having a snowball in winter, so the planet can't be warming. What about them Brazilians burning the rain forest to clear the land for agriculture?
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2019, 02:42 PM
    They are telling us sea levels will rise and consume coastal areas . fact or fiction ? If true then why would you consider a $15 mil mansion on the beach . That is why I called the op '
    'The emperor's new castle in the sand '
    Castles build upon the sand
    Though they seemed to be so grand
    Will surely melt away
    For in life's raging storm
    They cannot stand
    (the Booth Brothers )
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 23, 2019, 02:52 PM
    Why would the Obamas buy this place?

"Barack Obama and Michelle Obama also made their annual trip to Martha’s Vineyard, where they’ve been traveling every summer with their daughters, Sasha and Malia, for the past several years."

"The estate is being sold by Boston Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck, who has been trying to offload the place on and off since 2015, when he listed it for a hefty $22.5 million."
    https://observer.com/2019/08/barack-...home-compound/
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2019, 03:01 PM
    vacations are one thing. He's pretty sure the house will not be consumed by the rising tides (which he promised to recede btw ) in the week or month he is rubbing elbows with the Kennedy's . Guessing that he'll just buy expensive flood insurance as the cost of doing business or maybe he'll be on the front line demanding that the Army Corp of Engineers build sea walls with tax payer money to protect his investment .
    Expert

Aug 23, 2019, 03:28 PM
    Taxpayers always pay for walls, didn't you learn anything the last few years?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2019, 04:07 PM
    Somewhat like Al Gore's house. Consumes many times more electricity than the typical house. Ridiculous.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 23, 2019, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Somewhat like Al Gore's house. Consumes many times more electricity than the typical house. Ridiculous.
    Where would you live if you had $50 million dollars? In the same house you're in now?
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2019, 06:50 PM
    Where would you live if you had $50 million dollars? In the same house you're in now?
    I don't care where he lives, but if he is going to live in an energy guzzling mansion, then maybe he should keep his mouth shut and stop lecturing to the rest of us about the need to conserve energy. If you want to preach it, then be willing to live it.

I don't know what I'd do if I had 50 mil, but I don't think I would move into an enormous house, mainly because I just don't want one.
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2019, 03:00 AM
    I wonder if the emperor even understands the disconnect between his rhetoric and his lifestyle . Either way I doubt he cares .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2019, 07:15 AM
    of course he doesn't care, he lives on a different planet
    Expert

Aug 24, 2019, 09:56 AM
    How convenient, conservatives still trashing Obama, and ignoring what the dufus is doing to you NOW. I thought you guys loved rich capitalist living the lifestyle. Obama served his time, let him enjoy the fruits of his labor, while you wonder how much tax payer dollars flow to his properties when he goes there, or those rich guests who line his pockets for favors. Ask yourself if any of his policies were paid for in this way.

Naw, we can't even speculate how the dufus lives on our dime, just how the ex-prez lives on HIS. Now that's hypocrisy you conservatives should explore.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    of course he doesn't care, he lives on a different planet
    Don't all the rich guys live in a different world from the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I don't care where he lives, but if he is going to live in an energy guzzling mansion, then maybe he should keep his mouth shut and stop lecturing to the rest of us about the need to conserve energy. If you want to preach it, then be willing to live it.

I don't know what I'd do if I had 50 mil, but I don't think I would move into an enormous house, mainly because I just don't want one.
    He hasn't said much since he left office so what are you yammering about? Why not examine how the dufus is contracting the global economy with his trade wars and arms races.
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2019, 03:05 PM
    He hasn't said much since he left office so what are you yammering about?
    You need to get out a LOT, LOT more than you do. Al G was, for a number of years, the primary voice of the global warming crowd. He made a semi-famous movie about it called Inconvenient Truth. Still goes about making speeches about it, but never wants to debate anyone knowledgeable since he might have to answer some inconvenient questions.
    Expert

Aug 24, 2019, 03:50 PM
    You should get out more yourself so those knowledgeable deniers get paid by the fossil fuel industry. Wonder how many of those energy guzzling mansions the dufus has?
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2019, 04:12 PM
    Wonder how many of those energy guzzling mansions the dufus has?
    I don't care if Gore owns fifty mansions as long as he doesn't go around running his mouth about how the rest of us need to conserve energy. As for Trump, I don't care how many he owns either, but at least he doesn't live in a mansion and then tell Tal and JL to not use so much electricity or gasoline.
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2019, 04:17 PM
    I thought you guys loved rich capitalist living the lifestyle.
    I do .Just calling him out because he sat in judgement of my life choices . He's a hypocrite and I will continue to hammer these sanctimonious people who tell me that I have to make sacrifices when they don't .

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” CS Lewis

Wonder how many of those energy guzzling mansions the dufus has?
    I don't care . He doesn't sit there and tell me that life style is wrong

Expert

Aug 24, 2019, 04:40 PM
    LOL, you guy's are nit picking and I understand why, but I don't remember either of them telling anyone how to live other than an advocacy of a larger GLOBAL picture.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2019, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    LOL, you guy's are nit picking and I understand why, but I don't remember either of them telling anyone how to live other than an advocacy of a larger GLOBAL picture.
    What global picture is that, the one we saw this week of amazon fires burning to benefit american industry? Get a grip, please. We don't need your hypocrisy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Last Emperor [ 1 Answers ]

I just wanted to know if The Last Emperor (1987) is supposed to have English subtitles for the foreign speaking parts as the version I saw didn't have any. Thanks in advance.

Book about a woman who moves into castle finds a ghost who is laird of castle [ 0 Answers ]

Read this book 16 yrs ago woman moves into castle finds ghost who is laird of castle cursed and trapped they fall in love he comes back to life... what is the title He is chained

Is my sand filter leaking sand in the pool? [ 2 Answers ]

Is my sand filter leaking sand in the pool? Yellowish/grey residue matter is coming into my pool, especially whilst vacuuming. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sand Filter is blowing out sand into my pool [ 3 Answers ]

Lately when I backwash my above ground pool, the filter blows out sand into the water. What causes this? When backwashing the filter, I turn off the pump, turn the dial to backwash and turn the pump on low. Is the pump supposed to be on during the backwash and rinse cycle?

View more questions Search