Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maggie1974 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2019, 09:41 AM
    Central Trane Unit
    I have a trane unit about 7 years. The last two days its been making a thumping sound when its running and sometimes after the thumping sound all or some of the house electricity goes off. Now just so you now when the trane unit was installed they wired it straight out side to power meter outside. I have checked all the breakers inside none have poped and they are all in great shape i even checked the breaker outside on the meter it great , not sure whats going on im scared to leave the house acared it might start a fire. Please help if you know whats going on here?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 21, 2019, 05:01 PM
    Even my limited knowledge and experience says you never wire anything to the meter, that's an effective bypass of the breaker box and needs to be changed, and the thumping sound is either expanding metal of the vents or a fan cage needing adjustment on the furnace. Both issues should be checked by an expert, and corrected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The fan on my central air and heat unit has stopped turning and unit is makinga noise [ 0 Answers ]

My central air and heat unit is about 2 and a half monthes old and the fan just stopped turning and the unit is making a funy noise what could be wrong and how easy is it to fix?

Loud noise when central unit is in defrost mode. Goodman unit [ 0 Answers ]

When my furnace is in defrost mode (fan not turning outside) I hear a loud noise that sounds like there is something flapping underneath the house. I have been under the house and checked all the duct work and found nothing loose. 2 different companies have come out to check it and of course it...

Why does my Central Air Unit (Goodman split unit) neither cool or heat my house? [ 6 Answers ]

It worked fine all summer until last few months. When I have it to cool it blows air but not cold air. Now that I want heat it blows cool air and not hot air. It took it 30 minutes to heat my 1000SF home from 64 degrees to 65 degrees. What could be the problem?

My central air unit is freezing up on the outside unit pipe.. 80 degrees outside [ 2 Answers ]

My central air unit is freezing up on the outside unit (you can see the ice covering the pipe that goes from the unit to the house and it is 80degrees outside. You can hear the unit running but no air is coming through the vents. I left it off all night and it is cooling fine today. Is this...

Trane central heat and air unit [ 2 Answers ]

Our air conditioner just suddenly stopped. The condenser will not kick on and we wold appreciate any suggestions to what the probem could be. It would be a great help if it were something my husband could possiblyfis.

View more questions Search