Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2019, 05:22 PM
    China wants it's cut and will get it hook or crook
    , China has been getting it by crook for way too long. I have no issues with ending trade with them altogether and let's see who's economy collapsed and whose comes out on top. Trump is dancing around the issue because he is concerned about his constituency . That is not my primary concern.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2019, 05:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Trump is dancing around the issue

Is that what they're calling it now?

Most people say it's because Trump is a blithering idiot. By the way, how's that $4,000 Trump guaranteed all the middle class from his tax cut? Wha'd you spend it on?

Poor Bone-Spur - he said the tax cut cost him 3-5 billion dollars. This isn't from way back when - he repeated it two days ago.

Idiocy at its most blithering!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 20, 2019, 05:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    , China has been getting it by crook for way too long. I have no issues with ending trade with them altogether and let's see who's economy collapsed and whose comes out on top. Trump is dancing around the issue because he is concerned about his constituency . That is not my primary concern. [/LEFT]
    Hey Mr. Unabashed Capitalist, any sustained contraction of the global economy while the US and China escalate this trade war is going to hurt us too. If you think you can destroy China then I might have to put you in the loony category.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2019, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Hey Mr. Unabashed Capitalist, any sustained contraction of the global economy while the US and China escalate this trade war is going to hurt us too. If you think you can destroy China then I might have to put you in the loony category.

You know I don't think he knows China saw you coming, this is what their belt and road is about, moving into other markets
    Expert

Aug 20, 2019, 07:07 AM
    Destroy the competition and corner the market has long been the business plan for American business, and if they can get tax cuts, tax breaks and write offs to go with subsidies more the better. Behind the scenes though China is tough and fully capable to meet the hook and crook with their own hook and crook. When the two giants butt heads the world is caught in the middle.
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2019, 09:10 AM
    You know I don't think he knows China saw you coming, this is what their belt and road is about, moving into other markets
    let them .the new markets will learn soon how the Chinese cheat and steal .

Tal and Athos ;
    Trump thinks a strong dollar is a weakness ;and that Feds should not only cut rates ;but also do Keynesian quantitative easing like they did after the financial crisis of 2008 . What he wants is the dollar at world market levels ;a very Democratic wish . I wonder how his Director of the National Economic Council Larry Kudlow sees this ? Kudlowwas a strong supporter of 'King Dollar' .
    If our economy is as strong as he says it is (and I agree it is )then why do we need Keynesian pump priming ?

Trump subscribes to Modern Monetary Theory(MMT) …..something he and AOC share . MMT is a Goldilocks theory ;not too hot ,not too cold with the Fed playing referee .They advocate government stimulus during periods of economic weakness, and fiscal restraint during periods of strong growth. This is achieved with both Fed intervention , tax policy and deficit spending . And Trump is becoming the King of Debt and no proponent of King Dollar .The dollar around 2 % yield does look strong compared to Euro nation rates . For Trump to call for US rates to mirror world rates is frankly alarming .

Expert

Aug 20, 2019, 10:21 AM
    That's all that alarms you about the dufus administration policy? No wonder you don't want to reveal WHO actually subsidizes farm bailouts. How soon before they need the next round of bailouts? Quantitative easing during a "strong economy"? Wonder where Kudlow got his degrees or does he just play an economist on TV?

This is what the bubblehead has been babbling about for years past.

https://thinkprogress.org/larry-kudl...-f02ebf47c918/

Notice a pattern here? YUP! he is always wrong!
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2019, 10:24 AM
    No wonder you don't want to reveal WHO actually subsidizes farm bailouts.
    we do .That is why I don't care for bail outs or subsidies . I have been consistent on that policy for as long as you and I have exchanged ideas here .

I expect Kudlow is strongly advising against this course of action. But Trump does what he likes .
    Expert

Aug 20, 2019, 10:33 AM
    True that! That's an advantage China and dictators enjoy, skimming the money the government supplies, and we are not to shabby either. If it weren't for the fallout of affecting so many millions very adversely I could agree. Vlad and Xi don't care if there people eat mud but Americans are locked and loaded and itching for a fight.

We can't have that either and Big Money knows it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clarification whether is it bone spur or bone tumor [ 2 Answers ]

Hello doctor, my mother(45+ years) has bone spur(tissue like projection) in the foot from the foot x-ray and scan taken. now I have a doubt that whether is it a bone tumor or bone spur. because sometimes she has fever, chills and little night sweat, vomiting and tenderness, swelling.

Bone spur removal from baby toe? [ 2 Answers ]

Over the past year or so I've had some painful trouble with recurring hard corns on the outside of my baby toe. I saw a podiatrist who took an x-ray and discovered that I have a bone spur which is causing my toe to rub against any shoes or sneakers that I wear, causing these painful corns. She...

Regretting Spur of the Moment Decision (I don't like him) [ 9 Answers ]

Okay, so two day ago, a boy asked me to be his girlfriend. He told me that he'd been "crushing" on me really hard. He's sweet and I know he really cares about me. I didn't have the heart to say no, so I said yes. So here's the problem. I don't like him any more than as a good friend. He's...

View more questions Search