Ask
    gaimel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 11:17 AM
    Collection Agencies
    Can a collection agency in Ontario garnish someone's wages
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2007, 01:55 PM
    A court of law can garnish someone's wages, the debtor can sue in court and get a judgement, and get a garnishment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collection Agencies [ 5 Answers ]

Hi - In 2002 I bought a computer and signed a leasing agreement with a company here in Canada - National Leasing. I sent the computer back 3 days later. I did not pay for anything as I thought that by sending it back my debt would be cleared. I applied for a Mortgage in September, was approved...

About Collection Agencies [ 6 Answers ]

Do US collection agencies have jurisdiction in Canada? Do US judgements have any effect on debtors from Canada?

Collection agencies [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if there was a way to help pay collections agencies? I have so much debt due to medical bills and need to pay off over $7,000. I'm on a very fixed income & budget & am worried about bankruptcy. I need help. Also, can a collection agency take you to court?

Collection agencies? [ 6 Answers ]

I recently moved out of an apartment, did the walk through with a leasing agent, she told me everything was ok'd, now I get a call from a collection agency for $522.00 so they can replace the carpet. I heard nothing about it until the man from collections called me. I was never given a copy of...

Collection agencies [ 1 Answers ]

I Am In Collection Agencies For My Charged Off Accounts If I Start Paying Them Off Will It Show The 3 Major Credit Bureusm My Payments Made To Them For Example I Owe Sears But It Is On Collection How Does It Work? Thank A lot

View more questions Search