Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2019, 09:16 AM
    the conservative coalition is the bigger threat to democracies everywhere rather than any dictator
    nice more rhetoric to fuel the coming civil war .
    They have destroyed the common sense CONSENSUS to deal with the real issues of our times.
    amazing how the common sense consensus always moves the needle closer to the way progressives see the world .
    If there is a Chinese victory we can only blame the dufus
    There were decades when the Chinese were fighting this war and our leaders rolled over an played dead . That includes 20 years of Bushes and Bubba and the emperor .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 25, 2019, 11:44 AM
    If there is a Chinese victory we can only blame the dufus

There were decades when the Chinese were fighting this war and our leaders rolled over an played dead . That includes 20 years of Bushes and Bubba and the emperor .

Allowing business to conduct business, and how many businesses refused to do what the Chinese wanted? NONE, so if they were so egregious why did they do business with them? If they dumped so much cheap stuff, why did American companies even go along with it? If you think trade wars and arms races and military deployments gets you a deal, then that remains to be seen, but I doubt it, but it will be a slugfest. Not saying the Chinese and other nations haven't dealt in their own interests, surely they have and as underhanded as we have surely been.

Capitalist Creed-Destroy the competition. Now tell me it doesn't.

They have destroyed the common sense CONSENSUS to deal with the real issues of our times.

amazing how the common sense consensus always moves the needle closer to the way progressives see the world .

Funny you say that after conservatives shellacked the dems badly in 2010 and 2112 and not just in congress but the state ;egislations and governors so stop crying about progessives getting their way.

the conservative coalition is the bigger threat to democracies everywhere rather than any dictator

nice more rhetoric to fuel the coming civil war .

What makes you think the Civil war ever ended in 1865? The metal chains came off, but I'll be darned if the economic and social chains weren't tightened even more.

What civil war were YOU referring too?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2019, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    If there is a Chinese victory we can only blame the dufus and expose another lie about his negotiating skills which so far has been short sighted and incompetent as well as costly.
    Trump has no negotiating skills, it is his way or the highway. Macrom blindsided him overnight by inviting a representative of Iran to the G7 in what could only be described as an intervention. If Trump had skills he would have taken the opportunity to deescalate the relationship.It is time the world moved on from Trump's grandstanding agendas, there are important things to do
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2019, 12:01 AM
    now Trump is doing more harm, ruining the Queen's lawn
    Expert

Aug 26, 2019, 09:31 AM
    Forget the queen, he is trying to ruin our own USA lawns with Putin coming to his Miama property for the next G7 meeting next year during our election season. No doubt he will raise the rates as taxpayers foot the bill that he will pocket, because as he said in his presser "he loses billions being president"! What a conniving liar. Now he makes real estate ads for his property from France...for free no less!
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2019, 08:08 PM
    Forget the queen, he is trying to ruin our own USA lawns with Putin coming to his Miama property for the next G7 meeting next year during our election season. No doubt he will raise the rates as taxpayers foot the bill that he will pocket, because as he said in his presser "he loses billions being president"! What a conniving liar. Now he makes real estate ads for his property from France...for free no less!
    You don't get it Tal, Trump is disrespectful, as the richest woman in the world, The queen could probably buy and sell him, if he doesn't respect the office he should respect the money, bet he wouldn't do it to his Billionaire mates or Putin
    Expert

Aug 27, 2019, 03:21 AM
    I get it Clete, but am not as surprised and shocked as you seem to be that the dufus disrespects women PERIOD. He has a history of it, now he is the top dog by choice and is still doing what he has always done and screw anyone who doesn't like it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2019, 11:25 PM
    I get it Clete, but am not as surprised and shocked as you seem to be that the dufus disrespects women PERIOD. He has a history of it, now he is the top dog by choice and is still doing what he has always done and screw anyone who doesn't like it.
    Tal, Trump respects noone but himself and I sometimes wonder if he doesn't exhibit total lack of self-respect. He desperately needs the acclaim of others, he would the most needy person on the planet. He doesn't understand that by respecting others he will get what he needs and someone may actually agree with him. I'm still waiting to see the big beautiful wall, he seems to have dropped all reference to it, as he has with obamacare, DACA, infrastructure, Kim and all he is focused on are tariffs, a very outmoded economic measure

He should be aware Tal that not much surprises and shocks me. I find a great deal regretable in this world
    Expert

Aug 28, 2019, 12:02 AM
    As do I Clete, but I'm a glass half full kind of guy, and guys like our dufus don't do well when he gets out of his lane and screws others. Matter of time, as his transgressions build and the people he has screwed return the favor.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2019, 09:24 PM
    As do I Clete, but I'm a glass half full kind of guy, and guys like our dufus don't do well when he gets out of his lane and screws others. Matter of time, as his transgressions build and the people he has screwed return the favor.
    You are optimistic Tal but it seems Trump manages to screw others before they screw him so only the tide of public opinion can overcome him. It is sad we must wait another year to see if the tide rises high enough
    Expert

Aug 29, 2019, 05:13 AM
    I've seen a lot of things happen in a year Clete, that can make or break even presidents. Then there is always that political pendulum that after swinging right will swing left again eventually, but we have to suffer through the dufus era regardless. I still have my Netflix and popcorn, and batteries for the remote, and all in abubdance. I have survived many presidents but this is one of the worst. If it gets worse, there is still Jack Daniels who got me through the eighties and nineties. Can't tell if the BLUR was better than the popcorn sometimes, but at least popcorn has protein.

Somebody will have to clean up the mess this dufus has made, the worst I've ever seen by far. Maybe it's time to seriously consider that cottage in the outback. We'll see.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2019, 06:23 AM
    I've seen a lot of things happen in a year Clete, that can make or break even presidents. Then there is always that political pendulum that after swinging right will swing left again eventually, but we have to suffer through the dufus era regardless. I still have my Netflix and popcorn, and batteries for the remote, and all in abubdance. I have survived many presidents but this is one of the worst. If it gets worse, there is still Jack Daniels who got me through the eighties and nineties. Can't tell if the BLUR was better than the popcorn sometimes, but at least popcorn has protein.

Somebody will have to clean up the mess this dufus has made, the worst I've ever seen by far. Maybe it's time to seriously consider that cottage in the outback. We'll see.
    Wouldn't do that mate, no rain, things are bad in the outback
    Expert

Aug 29, 2019, 06:32 AM
    A condo in the heart of Sidney? You have condos don't you?
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2019, 04:19 PM
    A condo in the heart of Sidney? You have condos don't you?
    Two things, we don't call them condo's and it is spelled Sydney. So let me see you have two million to waste on an ocean view, I can think of better places where it might even rain. Besides there are some real problems with shonky builders in Sydney
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2019, 05:12 PM
    Why isn't anyone thinking or talking about all of this in terms of PROTECTING THE AMERICAN WORKER? The left is always shouting about "worker rights" and labor unions but when it comes right down to protecting American jobs/American workers, the left is awol! PROTECT U.S. JOBS AT ALL COSTS! If we don't produce anything, there will not be anything to sell....and that, really, will be the end of everything. I don't think I am oversimplifying it even one little bit!
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2019, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Why isn't anyone thinking or talking about all of this in terms of PROTECTING THE AMERICAN WORKER? The left is always shouting about "worker rights" and labor unions but when it comes right down to protecting American jobs/American workers, the left is awol! PROTECT U.S. JOBS AT ALL COSTS! If we don't produce anything, there will not be anything to sell....and that, really, will be the end of everything. I don't think I am oversimplifying it even one little bit!
    Do you really think the american worker needs protecting? you have had it good for a long time, but the days of keeping low wage jobs in the country, any developed country, is really flogging a dead horse. Automation has arrived, dem robos can do it faster an more accurate. There are lots of things you can do internally, service jobs, so look to being a smart nation
    Expert

Aug 29, 2019, 07:06 PM
    Let's see, repubs have run congress since 2011, and nixed Obama's agenda, and they had the WH in 2016. yet the dems have been awol on workers rights? Go tell that to Big Biz, and repubs and those robots like Clete says. Or vote for the dems!
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2019, 08:02 PM
    How come, out of every contest, it seems, the American worker gets a good beating?....Whomever is in office, doesn't matter which side, they act like the American worker is the enemy! Am I being unrealistic? I don't think so!
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2019, 09:54 PM
    How come, out of every contest, it seems, the American worker gets a good beating?....Whomever is in office, doesn't matter which side, they act like the American worker is the enemy! Am I being unrealistic? I don't think so!
    I don't think you get it, things are tough all over for those low paid jobs, this is why they are being done in Asia and people in Asia make good product. It is no use griping, you have to find something else to do. I know my country has had to reconstruct many industries over the last forty years and most of them have gone. This is what happens when you have free trade, it has to be free both ways
    Expert

Aug 30, 2019, 05:31 AM
    Since when did the government control the business cycle? Was it government who did away with unions, and resist getting them? Is it government who sets the wage scale, or make schedules that only allow enough hours so they don't have to pay benefits, because you are just a part time worker? Is it government that decides to close a plant or facility and move overseas? Is it government that buys the technology that replaces workers or decides to layoff during the slow season? Didn't Bush I tell you that it was a new world order coming. We have been transitioning from a industrial base to a service base for decades now, and juicing the economy with rich guy deficit funded tax cuts that exceeded their wildest dreams and making them permanent while giving poorer people who can't even afford to pay a payroll tax a temporary cut is rather insulting.

If states hadn't passed their own minimum wage increases, you wouldn't get a darn thing. Do the math, your paycheck got bigger but tax return got smaller but more money was returned to the treasury from those payroll deductions. Hmm. I won't even start my favorite rant about loopholes and rich guy deductions they have enjoyed for years, and still do or the big multinationals that paid no taxes even before their tax cuts, so yeah seems like big biz and government are in bed together and workers do get screwed.

That does make you half right though doesn't it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Self harm [ 3 Answers ]

How can I stop cutting? And burning myself??

Self harm [ 4 Answers ]

I cut myself I have been doing it 4 about a year. At first it was just little cuts on my leg but then I started cutting my arm and being very unhappy. My friends started to notic and call me an emo and sh*t they were just kiddin round but in made me more unhappy. I really want to stop I kinder...

View more questions Search