Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2019, 12:32 PM
    from V7: Look how many times Oprah has had him on her show.....it has only been different since he announced his candidacy for POTUS.
    Um, Oprah's final tv show was in May 2011.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 3, 2019, 09:16 AM
    Breaking News!
    The dufus administration is reconsidering deporting men, women, and children currently being treaed for life threatening illness. I guess the public pressure got to him, and his heartless sycophants!

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...ion-backtracks
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2019, 09:21 AM
    Thank God for a free press. Without it, Trump would have gotten away with his latest madness.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2019, 11:07 AM
    At least Trump is keeping us safe:

"We had a photo. I released it, which I have the absolute right to do," Trump said.

He said the Iranians "were going to set off a big missile and it didn't work out too well. Had nothing to do with us.”

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-u-...RfMQRzZWMDc2M-
    Expert

Sep 3, 2019, 12:03 PM
    And he is keeping his VP Pence safe too!

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...ty-in-ireland/
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2019, 01:24 PM
    Trump isn't heartless.....Do you really think that? He is our first POTUS of German heritage and his mannerism are somewhat different and tactics are different but, heartless? I don't think so.

The U.S. has a right to protect our borders.....Does anyone have issues with that right? You must have borders just as you must have laws.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2019, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Trump isn't heartless.....Do you really think that? He is our first POTUS of German heritage and his mannerism are somewhat different and tactics are different but, heartless? I don't think so.

The U.S. has a right to protect our borders.....Does anyone have issues with that right? You must have borders just as you must have laws.
    The man has no empathy. It has nothing to do with his "heritage" or "mannerisms" and "tactics". (I'm 100% German heritage, so please don't push his heritage in our faces.) And I'm sure he doesn't know a word of German; he can barely speak English.

We can protect our borders by establishing more checkpoints, plus hiring and training EMPATHETIC people to staff them so that refugees and asylum seekers and jobhunters can be processed more quickly.
    Expert

Sep 3, 2019, 04:34 PM

I think he is intentionally heartless, and cruel, in his efforts to show strength by driving a hard bargain. So much for talk softly but carry a big stick, but who will grovel to a bully? Yes I can see protecting the border but not at the expense of the healthy and safety of men, women, and children and especially not with cruel bully tactics as a deterrent policy.

Is that the best repubs can do? Patently unchristian from the God crowd!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2019, 04:50 PM
    If we could just hire more border guards that could sing "Kumbaya" around a campfire, our border problems would be over.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2019, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    If we could just hire more border guards that could sing "Kumbaya" around a campfire, our border problems would be over.
    No, that's not the solution. Why are you turning a major problem into a joke?
    Expert

Sep 3, 2019, 05:22 PM
    You forgot the sarcasm font again, but no biggie. Maybe more border guards, but more immigration courts and social and health care workers to help the humane processing for migrants would be better than just more guards, and tent cities. You could have built a small city with the manpower and wasted resources you have already paid private contractors for those tent cities and had plenty of loot left for a hospital and a school while the dufus was feeding you BS!

No sarcasm font needed or intended.
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2019, 07:26 PM
    No, that's not the solution. Why are you turning a major problem into a joke?
    Oh! Oh! You're shaming me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2019, 07:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Oh! Oh! You're shaming me.
    No. Shaming you would be,"And you call yourself a Christian, turning a major humanitarian problem into a joke???"
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2019, 07:58 PM
    Wondergirl: I am of German heritage, too....and I beg to differ with you on a certain point: My Father was no lovey, dovey kind of Dad and neither was my Grandfather and, to the outsider, anyone watching them would have considered them to be "cold" but they were anything but! I can see this same kind of characteristic in Trump....it is a Germanic trait, I am afraid, but it is real....Trump is a warm person deep inside.

The U.S. should not have to accept ANY ILLEGAL ALIENS! Why should the U.S. be forced to accept anyone it choses not to deem acceptable or want inside its borders. Why did not the damned SANCTUARY CITIES NOT WANT THE ILLEGAL ALIENS? I mean, if you are going talk the talk, why in the hell don't you walk the walk and take them into your SANTUARY CITIES?

If you cannot see that the illegal aliens USE CHILDREN AS A SHIELD TO GAIN ACCESS ACROSS THE BORDER, then you are blind or you just don't want to know the truth. The North Koreans did the same tactic during the Korean War...same type of using children to avoid being repulsed.

And, why do those coming at the U.S. from the Southern border get any more special treatment than those coming from overseas? My wife if from overseas and she had to wait a long damn time to get into the U.S. and a lot longer time to become a U.S. Citizen.....so why do the illegal aliens get any special treatment because they are hoofing it across the border: WE OWE THEM NOTHING! Anything we give them is because we so chose to do so, not because we are obligated to do so.

The POTUS' first job is to PROTECT THE PEOPLE OF THE U.S.: Do you think allowing unmitigated human invasion across the Southern border is protecting U.S. Citizens?

We have enough crime born from out own population, we don't need "extra" nor should we want extra.

You want to about Minimum Wage, then stop allowing illegal aliens into the country so that fat bastards can exploit them to the hilt, take advantage of them, rape them, and ride them like a rented mule to get even fatter off of! Its disgusting! And, I don't blame the illegals because I would do the same! I blame those that would just open the borders to a flood of illegals so that they can be taken advantage of by construction outfits, golf course owners, restaurant owners, and gangs! You think that is O.K., then YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS CRUEL!

Oh, and BTW: When you drive down wages because you saturate the job market with cheap, illegal labor, then, guess what: It won't be long before YOU WILL FEEL IT, TOO: YOU AREN'T INSULATED and I don't care how much buffer you think there is between you and the janitor...it will get to you and your wallet, you are safe!

You cannot break into my damn house and then expect me to fix you dinner and provide you with a warm bed! It ain't happening!
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2019, 03:43 AM
    Trump is a warm person deep inside.
    How do you reconcile your belief that Trump is a "warm person deep inside" with the fact that he is attempting to deport children who have come to the USA to be treated for life-threatening rare diseases. The ongoing treatment has been successful saving their lives but not available in the children's home countries. Trump wants to deport them anyway within 33 days.

Your "warm person" is sending these children to their death.
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2019, 04:18 AM
    No. Shaming you would be,"And you call yourself a Christian, turning a major humanitarian problem into a joke???"
    The motto of liberals. "It's OK when we do it, but wrong when you do it."

I was actually trying to point out the non-serious nature of your proposed solution involving "empathetic" border guards. My solution is simple. Build the wall. Everything else has been tried and proven ineffective. But I doubt it will be done. We have become a weak nation with too little resolve to defend itself and its own citizens. Ask the family of Kate Steinle if you don't believe that. An innocent woman killed and no one is held responsible. Thank you, California.

he is attempting to deport children who have come to the USA to be treated for life-threatening rare diseases.
    You failed to mention that they are receiving treatment on the American taxpayer's dime from Medicaid. I don't see how any nation 23 trillion in debt, with more debt accumulating daily, can believe it can afford to pay for med care for non-citizens.

"All had been granted “medical deferred action,” a special status that allows immigrants to remain in the country legally, receive Medicaid, and work while they receive treatment for dire health conditions."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...YBN/story.html
    Expert

Sep 4, 2019, 05:17 AM
    I think the key thing you said was WORK while they get the treatments they need. So not like it's a totally free ride since anyone working pays taxes and contributes however small or large. The amazing thing about the brown people often overlooked is their wanting to WORK. Often for a beast at a very unfair wage and terrible back breaking conditions.

Did you also know that many were brought here as a part of clinical trails with no guarantee of success, but many more will be treated and saved and they have contributed to a greater good that can't just be ignored, and I just don't think its right to add too the trauma in such a cruel way as they get that lifesaving treatment which is not just for them, but for many others too.

The drug companies pay for that expense, and Medicaid pays for the standard poor people stuff. I don't think 23 trillion in debt is due to migrants getting treatments for rare disease as part of a larger research effort, and those Medicaid expenditures probably pales in comparison to lets say subsidies to farmers because of those trade wars, or the business that the dufus funnels to his own properties, some losing money bigtime.

https://www.drugwatch.com/featured/c...d-hidden-data/

In case you wanted some data to help figure out why YOUR health care costs are rising. Keep in mind this is but ONE aspect of a multilayered process. Given the totality though, begrudging a few sick kids life saving treatments because they use Medicaid is like not feeding the guinea pig.
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2019, 07:35 AM
    I think the key thing you said was WORK while they get the treatments they need. So not like it's a totally free ride since anyone working pays taxes and contributes however small or large. The amazing thing about the brown people often overlooked is their wanting to WORK. Often for a beast at a very unfair wage and terrible back breaking conditions.
    I admire the Latino immigrants. They do work hard and value family relationships, but it's a bad idea that since it is a nice thing to do, then we must do it and forget about how to pay for it. That's why we are 23 tril in debt, the idea that spending proposals need not have a means of funding.

I would like to see a federal law that any congressman who proposes new spending without an iron-clad means of paying for it would be immediately sent back home and put out of the congress.

If people want to be charitable, they should do so with their own money and not force other Americans to pay for their charitable inclinations.
    Expert

Sep 4, 2019, 08:19 AM
    You cannot just look at debt in isolation, as it but only requires a degree of growth (Or expansion) to make it manageable with a better plan and managers to make it work. Repubs ain't it. Why should I pay for your cruelty and hate filled fears? You probably agree with this guy.

https://www.conservativereview.com/n...idency-begins/

Go ahead stick with Moscow Mitch and your favorite lying cheating dufus managing OUR money! So much for your values of a Christian nation meme.
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2019, 08:33 AM
    You cannot just look at debt in isolation, as it but only requires a degree of growth (Or expansion) to make it manageable with a better plan and managers to make it work. Repubs ain't it. Why should I pay for your cruelty and hate filled fears? You probably agree with this guy.
    23 tril of debt is 23 tril of debt. We are paying interest on that every year. Make it manageable? That's the kind of thinking that constantly drives up the debt every year. There are no tricks to make it less damaging. What we need to do is grow up and start paying our way every year, but I have no hope of seeing that happen until the wheels fall off the cart and we have no choice. Go look at Greece to see how much fun that is.

Repubs ain't it? Your hero, Mr. Obama, added as much debt in his eight years as every other president before him combined, so please don't try to work your politics with me. It's a huge problem with both parties since we, the voters, just yawn and let them keep it up, but a day is coming when we will regret that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Self harm [ 3 Answers ]

How can I stop cutting? And burning myself??

Self harm [ 4 Answers ]

I cut myself I have been doing it 4 about a year. At first it was just little cuts on my leg but then I started cutting my arm and being very unhappy. My friends started to notic and call me an emo and sh*t they were just kiddin round but in made me more unhappy. I really want to stop I kinder...

View more questions Search