Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2019, 05:06 AM
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obam...gPdZ8q1QXQPYRg
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2019, 05:09 AM
    "President Obama says tens of thousands of Central American children flooding into the U.S. along the southern border have created a “humanitarian crisis,” and he appealed directly to parents to stop sending kids north."

It was a crisis then, but not now?

Politics
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2019, 05:58 AM
    the whole group of them raised their hands when asked if they want free health care for illegal aliens . <sarc> They are really forging a winning platform</sarc>

Uber Member

Jun 28, 2019, 06:22 AM
    The best way for Trump to lose is to create the impression that he is an unlikeable loose cannon. Unfortunately, he is doing that very thing.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2019, 06:27 AM
    Some one has lost their mind
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2019, 07:35 AM
    Trump made a huuuuge mistake by delaying the deporting . His base is already fuming that he has stopped talking about a wall. This election is on a tee for him to hit out of the park . The only thing that could derail is the economy going to the crapper ;a perception that he is not being forceful enough about the border ;or some new revelation by Mueller . Mueller has already said that his report is his testimony .
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2019, 08:32 AM
    He ought to win in a walk, and if his mouth does not do him in, and so far it has not been encouraging, then he should. We'll see.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 28, 2019, 08:33 AM
    It was just red meat for the base to chew on anyway, while he goes and schmoozes Vlad and MBS for the weekend. He lost another Supreme Court fight about the census.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2019, 01:41 PM
    ridiculous ruling . SCOTUS has no role in deciding which census questions can be asked . If I were him I'd make a stand and say 'too late ' the question remains . What can SCOTUS do about it ?

Expert

Jun 28, 2019, 01:47 PM
    I've heard the WH was going to proceed anyway with yet another scheme to suppress the census count, by driving Hispanics away.

https://www.wonkette.com/racist-cens...-rig-elections

Enforcing the voting rights act my arse!
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2019, 04:16 PM
    there is nothing wrong with the question . I am reluctantly involved in 2 otrher census surveys beyond the 10 year census . The American Community Survey(ACS) asks the question about citizenship and no one says a peep about it . (the other one I'm force to take is one about college graduates ) If I were to say I wasn't a citizen then there is a f follow questions about nationality .
    https://www2.census.gov/programs-sur...9/quest19.pdf?

The table on this link shows that having a citizenship question on the census goes back years .It is not a Trump invention .
    https://cis.org/Richwine/History-Cen...ions-One-Table

Look the Congress has the constitutional power to dictate how the census get's taken.As it stands ;the law give the Census Bureau wide latitude in the questions ask. SCOTUS has NO role in deciding what is in effect a political question The Roberts' Court is again out of bounds . What this opens up according to Justice Thomas' dissent is
    “for political opponents of executive actions to generate controversy with accusations of pretext, deceit, and illicit motives.”... “Crediting these accusations on evidence as thin as the evidence here could lead judicial review of administrative proceedings to devolve into an endless morass of discovery and policy disputes." In other words it opens up every executive decision to judicial review even ones where is clearly in the power of the President to make the call. or as Justice Alito said in his dissent ;
    the federal judiciary has “no authority to stick its nose into the question whether it is good policy to include a citizenship question on the census or whether the reasons given by Secretary Ross for that decision were his only reasons or his real reasons.”
    Expert

Jun 28, 2019, 04:47 PM
    So it doesn't matter the dufus is rigging the system? Would it be even wise to TRUST repubs to better enact the Voting Rights Act given the repub shenanigans? Hell NO!!!!

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/27/59743...ensus-question
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2019, 03:24 AM
    it is not the role of SCOTUS to determine motives . They have no business being the referee over political disputes . That is what elections are for . I'll say it again . The Constitution empowers Congress to do a census. They could easily reverse the decision . Instead ,and is too often the case ,they empower the Federal Bureaucracy to become lawmakers .That's all well and good ;BUT the government is run by the executive branch .
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2019, 04:19 AM
    Why is it that copying and pasting images does not seem to work on this site anymore? Seems to me at one time it worked, but not now.
    Expert

Jun 29, 2019, 04:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    it is not the role of SCOTUS to determine motives . They have no business being the referee over political disputes . That is what elections are for . I'll say it again . The Constitution empowers Congress to do a census. They could easily reverse the decision . Instead ,and is too often the case ,they empower the Federal Bureaucracy to become lawmakers .That's all well and good ;BUT the government is run by the executive branch .
    The executive branch is but one of 3 coequal branches of government. Something about checks and balances and just because the congress is impotent doesn't mean the judiciary should follow suite. You really want a king don't you? For sure the dufus does.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2019, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Why is it that copying and pasting images does not seem to work on this site anymore? Seems to me at one time it worked, but not now.
    You have to use the tools
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2019, 06:43 AM
    You have to use the tools
    Yeah, which seem to be a little iffy as to whether or not they work. But didn't copy and paste work at one time???
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2019, 10:24 AM
    Something about checks and balances
    If you've read my comments carefully I have always advocated Congress do it's constitutional role .I've also as you know have argued that SCOTUS has usurped powers from both branches and is in fact the unequal imperial branch .
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2019, 10:29 AM
    .I've also as you know have argued that SCOTUS has usurped powers from both branches and is in fact the unequal imperial branch .
    Just about right. There seems to be very little in the way of checks and balances for what the Court decides.
    Expert

Jun 29, 2019, 02:28 PM
    Congress gave up its responsibilities a while back to the exec, so who fills the vacuum? One example is WAR powers, he can preemptively attack whomever he wants. Another is bypassing congress and selling weopons and nikes to whomever he wants. Another is bypass congress and redirecting the money from one appropriation to whatever he wants. Need more or are you getting the picture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

Trump the new utopian leftist big government dreamer . [ 17 Answers ]

Remember how we mocked the lofty utopian rhetoric of the emperor ...his victory was 'the moment history would record the oceans would recede' ????? Well add herr Donald to the list of dreamers . His inauguration speech was chock full of expectations . Trump will bring back our jobs,bring back...

Your government at work [ 5 Answers ]

On March 22, the Compost reported that federal workers in an underground cave are still processing retirement papers by hand. Inside a Pennsylvania limestone mine 230 feet below the earth, 600 employees of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) process retirement papers for government workers....

Government contracted work [ 5 Answers ]

I was hired by a union contractor to do some work out of state, out of town and out of the country, all these jobs were on the military base, a government contract. Am I supposed to get prevailing wage rate? I'm a comm and system installer, very experienced, based out of California. Do you know...

View more questions Search