Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2019, 09:15 AM
    I'm working to help both.
    That's good. It should help you realize how difficult it is and hopefully foster some humility.

That still does not tell us why liberals are so quick to breathe fire at Trump for the situation at the border while being so silent about their own challenges in inner cities. If you want to feel sorry for children, try feeling sorry for the tens of thousands of poor kids who are trapped in failing inner city schools and have so little hope for the future.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2019, 10:01 AM
    I will keep it simple. There has always been poverty and crime, it's a challenge that has never been solved despite how sophisticated we think we have become. Maybe as you say it's just the nature of some to be evil, as it is for some to be good, or anywhere in between.

I think it's only natural for liberals to breathe fire at the dufus, as it was for the conservatives to breathe fire at Obama. Geez JL, does any human need an excuse to breathe fire if they don't like something? Some are just noisier than others and you shouldn't blast them for it. The thought of abused children get's people riled up and that's something you know about. Nothing personal, liberals don't abide by the dufus the way you do.

That's good. It should help you realize how difficult it is and hopefully foster some humility.
    You could have kept that condescending comment to yourself. You are not the only or even the most experienced person on this board you know. I could be over reacting, but just saying!
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2019, 10:05 AM
    Maybe as you say it's just the nature of some to be evil, as it is for some to be good, or anywhere in between.
    I'm not saying that as much as I'm saying it can come down to simple choices that we, as a culture, should value and encourage others to value.

I think it's only natural for liberals to breathe fire at the dufus, as it was for the conservatives to breathe fire at Obama. Geez JL, does any human need an excuse to breathe fire if they don't like something? Some are just noisier than others and you shouldn't blast them for it. The thought of abused children get's people riled up and that's something you know about. Nothing personal, liberals don't abide by the dufus the way you do.
    I think that's a fair statement. I just want people to get as riled up about abused children in their own city as they do about the reports from the border. If not, then at least admit that the person really doesn't care about children so much as he/she just does not like Trump.

I do get tired sometimes of the constant personal attacks that get launched on this board against someone who is not a flaming liberal and does hold to Christian values. That's why I think your quote above was fair and even-handed. I "abide" by Trump because I like many of his policies, just like you abided with Obama for the same reason.
    Expert

Jun 26, 2019, 10:26 AM
    Those simple choices aren't so simple. Maybe for YOU, but not for others, is all I'm saying. Nice to have choices though, and the wisdom to make good ones. Not everyone has it like that for whatever reason. Seems logical to conclude the bigger the city the more crime there is. The more corruption. More who need and can't get.

Sometimes all your choices are bad ones, so you can only go with the least bad choice. That's pretty screwed up ain't it?
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2019, 10:39 AM
    Yes, people are sometimes in tough situations and their options are limited, but that is generally not the case. Women don't have to get pregnant out of wedlock which is a choice many make and is generally devastating for the woman and the child. Dropping out of high school is usually not a necessary choice. Choosing to be lazy is bad. So I'd just like to see our culture return to a time when family, education, and hard work were valued.
    Expert

Jun 26, 2019, 11:34 AM
    They ARE valued by most I think, but some take longer than others to get it, and still more need help finding it, but we have to accept that there are those that don't and won't and deal with them appropriately. You can't save everyone, even if they WANT to be saved.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2019, 11:38 AM
    but we have to accept that there are those that don't and won't and deal with them appropriately.
    Yes, there are those who make bad choices. I don't see why the government should be able to force an American who makes good choices to take some of his/her money and give it to a person who is making poor choices. They are free to make poor choices, but they should also bear the responsibility for those decisions.
    Expert

Jun 26, 2019, 12:01 PM
    Taking tax money for the general welfare is what governments do. I don't see why the government gives a corporation a tax incentive to close a plant and build a new one in another country. I guess we both have our issues, and different opinions about human suffering be it intentional, or not.

LOL, sometimes having sex is the only feel good in a miserable life. Breeding is the most powerful of human instinct and we suffer from it as well as without it. Some are more evolved than others. I don't exactly condone bad choices or mistakes, but been there and done that, so I certainly UNDERSTAND it.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2019, 01:01 PM
    Taking tax money for the general welfare is what governments do.
    Yes, but for the GENERAL welfare, which means that which benefits everyone. Highways, national defense, schools, and a system of courts quailfy for that, but taking money from one person for no other reason than to give to another is not the general welfare. And besides, it is typically bad for both persons.

I don't see why the government gives a corporation a tax incentive to close a plant and build a new one in another country
    That should not be the case. I'm not aware that it is, but if it is, it should be stopped.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2019, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post

Calling this statement condescending is the understatement of the year. You are a pompous a**, jsl.

You are the only one on this board who has gone on the record as approving the slaughter of children - first in the Bible, now the abuse of infants and toddlers at the southern border.

You claim to be a Christian who is following Trump's policies. Trump's policy is to abuse children and, by negligence, allow some to die. He is doing this for one reason only - to force the Democrats to fund his wall. You know, the wall you support that was supposed to be funded by Mexico? How gullible can you be? How Christian is that?

Stop whining at how you are treated here on this board - you brought it on yourself with your constant posts denying and refusing to believe what the whole world knows about the situation at the border. You say "I don't watch the evening news". Is that supposed to be some rationalization of your behavior? A pleading of ignorance?
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2019, 01:49 PM
    You are a pompous a**, jsl.
    Thank goodness you don't believe in name calling.

Rather than take your comments one point at a time, I can only suggest you try and keep up with what is being said on this board. Your accusations are ridiculous and easily refuted with what I have said before. I will not bother and say them again for your benefit.

The others on this board who do not agree with me on a number of points manage to keep the conversation civil. You might try doing the same. You seem to be one, evermore angry person. Sad. You might want to try and figure out why.

As to my supposedly condescending statement, it was directed at WG. I can tell you from experience that she is well capable of defending her points of view. If she feels offended, she will tell me.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2019, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Thank goodness you don't believe in name calling.
    I make an exception for you.

Rather than take your comments one point at a time, Your accusations are ridiculous and easily refuted with what I have said before.
    So easy that you can't refute them, can you? I stand by everything I've said.

You seem to be one, evermore angry person.
    That reply is at least consistent with your inability to defend killing (bible) and abusing (border) small children. The real mystery is why aren't YOU an "evermore angry person"?

As to my supposedly condescending statement, it was directed at WG.
    "Supposedly"? The target of your statement doesn't change its condescending nature. Trust me, you have nothing to be condescending about.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2019, 03:26 PM
    So easy that you can't refute them, can you? I stand by everything I've said.
    I don't care.

As to the rest of your rant, I don't trust you, and I see no need to repeat myself for someone who doesn't like to read. I don't care for your nasty, angry approach. You are a liberal version of Donald Trump. You mistake personal attacks for thoughtful responses.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2019, 07:46 PM
    I don't care.
    I think that typifies your contribution
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2019, 03:33 AM
    These lefties are ridiculous . 1st they complain that the kids are sleeping on floors . So the administration contracts to buy beds . Then the workers at the plant protest because the company is going to sell beds for the kids in the detention camps .
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2019, 04:38 AM
    1st they complain that the kids are sleeping on floors .
    As it turns out, the kids were sleeping on concrete floors and in cages during the Obama admin. Not surprisingly, there were no complaints at the time, which makes the outrage exhibited now by so many seem kind of fake.

https://apnews.com/a98f26f7c9424b44b7fa927ea1acd4d4
    Expert

Jun 27, 2019, 04:42 AM
    The real protest Tom is about separating kids from parents. The solution is reuniting families while being processed.

As it turns out, the kids were sleeping on concrete floors and in cages during the Obama admin. Not surprisingly, there were no complaints at the time, which makes the outrage exhibited now by so many seem kind of fake.
    Obama ended the practice it must be noted (AGAIN) and the dufus brought it back as part of his zero tolerance policy. There was outrage then, so Obama changed the priorities to going after criminals and releasing family groups for judicial processing. The outrage now isn't fake, it's a carryover to an unpopular policy the dufus carries out.

You like distorting facts to blame Obama. Nope this is all on the dufus. BUMMER!
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2019, 05:04 AM
    You like distorting facts to blame Obama. Nope this is all on the dufus. BUMMER!
    Well, here they are, sleeping on concrete floors, in cages, asleep with all the lights on, and using aluminum foil blankets. The primary difference is this was done by Obama, so I guess that makes it alright. This pic was taken in 2014. So far as I can tell, there was no outrage at the time, and nothing much said about in the supposedly non-partisan news media. In fact, it was so little noticed that these same pics were later reused in 18 as supposed proof of what Trump was doing and no one even noticed until it was finally pointed out the pics were from 14. I'm pretty sure that none of the outraged members of this board were outraged then. Politics.

Name:  cages.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  214.2 KB

In case the photo doesn't load, as it sometimes does not, here's the link.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/imag...ec-960-623.jpg
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2019, 05:22 AM
    The real protest Tom is about separating kids from parents. The solution is reuniting families while being processed.
    It was lefty judges that held that kids can't be detained with adults. The REAL solution is to close the border from illegal crossers .
    Expert

Jun 27, 2019, 05:26 AM
    Nice try, but why do you think Obama ended the practice? Yeah he goofed, and corrected his actions, so when will you make the dufus correct his folly or even acknowledge his doing it is far worse, as he has slowed and stopped the whole process creating this current situation on our southern border. Blaming Obama for what the dufus is doing now is ridicules, and perpetrates another of his more obvious LIES that you seem to like repeating, while leaving out the nasty conditions that your picture is proof Obama DIDN'T do.

Now that's simply outrageous, even for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    It was lefty judges that held that kids can't be detained with adults. The REAL solution is to close the border from illegal crossers .
    Or process the LEGAL ones which asylum seekers are. Righties seem to have ignored that FACT of the LAW. Saying it's so doesn't make it so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

Trump the new utopian leftist big government dreamer . [ 17 Answers ]

Remember how we mocked the lofty utopian rhetoric of the emperor ...his victory was 'the moment history would record the oceans would recede' ????? Well add herr Donald to the list of dreamers . His inauguration speech was chock full of expectations . Trump will bring back our jobs,bring back...

Your government at work [ 5 Answers ]

On March 22, the Compost reported that federal workers in an underground cave are still processing retirement papers by hand. Inside a Pennsylvania limestone mine 230 feet below the earth, 600 employees of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) process retirement papers for government workers....

Government contracted work [ 5 Answers ]

I was hired by a union contractor to do some work out of state, out of town and out of the country, all these jobs were on the military base, a government contract. Am I supposed to get prevailing wage rate? I'm a comm and system installer, very experienced, based out of California. Do you know...

View more questions Search