Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2019, 08:57 PM
    The crisis has been averted, Trump will sanction Iranian leadership as if they keep their money where he can get at it. So the Iranian leaders don't get to sip imported champagne or drive a big american SUV, I'm sure they will be disappointed. The way to get them to stop is to cut Saudi Arabia loose
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 25, 2019, 01:28 AM
    Now that would be interesting, Saudi Arabia using it's own treasure and resources to defend it's own interests, instead of us. Problem solved recall the fleet.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2019, 04:14 AM
    You mean that's worse than defending and selling guns to tyrant murderers of an American in Turkey? Whose cleaning up that mess? Or abusing migrant kids in El Paso?
    All of which was taking place under the Obama administration. Liberals were strangely quiet about it then.

Now that would be interesting, Saudi Arabia using it's own treasure and resources to defend it's own interests, instead of us. Problem solved recall the fleet.
    Good point, especially now that we are petroleum independent.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2019, 06:24 AM
    ah there is still the military industrial complex and those weapon sales
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2019, 04:04 AM
    The US doesn't live with a dome of protection . What happens in the world affects us in many ways . It is naive to think that conflicts in the ME would not have an impact on us if we decided to retreat to fortress America . As you know ;our borders are in fact pretty porous .
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2019, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The US doesn't live with a dome of protection . What happens in the world affects us in many ways . It is naive to think that conflicts in the ME would not have an impact on us if we decided to retreat to fortress America . As you know ;our borders are in fact pretty porous .
    If you were to retreat you might have enough troops to defend your borders, you could then invade your neighbours and solve the problem
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2019, 06:26 AM
    no thanks I'd just as soon not live in a country like Australia dependent on stronger nations for their security .
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2019, 06:40 AM
    no thanks I'd just as soon not live in a country like Australia dependent on stronger nations for their security .
    Exactly correct. That's why all the complaining and finger-pointing just has a hollow ring to it. And true of most of the world. They depend on us for defense, and then want to complain.
    Expert

Jun 27, 2019, 06:42 AM
    Our conservatives don't get your humor Clete. It was humor wasn't it? I LMAO!
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2019, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Our conservatives don't get your humor Clete. It was humor wasn't it? I LMAO!

A lot of what I say is tongue in cheek Tal, but you are right americans don't get our sense of humour which is often sardonic

no thanks I'd just as soon not live in a country like Australia dependent on stronger nations for their security
    You see the irony, Tom, is; your nation isn't the only one who would like to be our protector. I'm not sure who you are protecting us from, or, who we need to be protected from. We are very busy upgrading our navy and, of course, we are buying flying bricks from you. We don't have a large standing army it is true but we are not engaged in war as a way of life
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2019, 03:17 PM
    We are very busy upgrading our navy
    I'm sure the Chinese are greatly concerned now that you have gone from six rowboats to eight.

As you said. Sardonic humor. No offense intended.
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2019, 04:54 PM
    yeah that's the dilemna ;who's sphere of influence do you want to be under ?
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2019, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I'm sure the Chinese are greatly concerned now that you have gone from six rowboats to eight.

As you said. Sardonic humor. No offense intended.
    No, we leave the row boats to you, our game is to catch fishermen and confiscate their boats, this has certain advantages. We arn't concerned about the chinese, they are busy with their neighbours and other boors
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2019, 05:16 AM
    They take the long view . Haven't you heard about their 2050 plan ? I know we won't be around to witness it ,or maybe we will ... ;but ..............https://www.news.com.au/finance/work...d5ca89a2479e94
    Expert

Jun 28, 2019, 08:39 AM
    Well don't say we didn't have fair warning.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2019, 06:03 PM
    They take the long view . Haven't you heard about their 2050 plan ? I know we won't be around to witness it ,or maybe we will ... ;but ..............https://www.news.com.au/finance/work...d5ca89a2479e94
    That is an old article Tom we have moved a long way since then
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2019, 03:18 AM
    he made the address to the party 2 years ago about his 30 year plan. It is not that old .
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2019, 05:56 AM
    he made the address to the party 2 years ago about his 30 year plan. It is not that old .
    The content is somewhat out of date, right now he has a Trump to fry. Remember Hitler's thousand year reich and how long it lasted, I give Xi about the same
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2019, 10:19 AM
    from your mouth to God's ears
    Expert

Jun 29, 2019, 02:37 PM
    That's the best warning his people get as to how much they get screwed for his agenda.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is the Gulf BP oil leak not plugged yet? [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, all. I've thought about the BP oil spill more as of late and researched it a bit too. This is the situation: There is a team of about 30 or 40 knowledgeable BP and government techs and operational people receiving ideas from the public on how to plug the well. Due to the pressure of 10's...

Nato tankers attacked [ 12 Answers ]

Now I know this isn't news but there have been 6 incidents since Pakistan closed the border crossing so one has to think the insurgents are extraordinarily well informed far from their base, and have the ability to move around freely, or there is some fiddling going on at the edges. My theory is...

Persian Gulf Oil Spill [ 4 Answers ]

I'm doing a small report on the oil spill. The persian gulf oil spill. I've a few questions. What caused the spill? What was the effect? If anyone knows, please help. Thanks.

View more questions Search