Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2019, 05:16 AM
    If anyone here thinks that the typical politician, repub or dem, would refrain from acquiring opposition dirt from a foreign country, then you need to stop reading "Polly Anna" so much. I think most of them would do it in a second. It's unfortunate that so many of our national elections seem to degenerate into, "Don't vote for my opponent. He's an idiot."
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 15, 2019, 08:37 AM
    You poor confused conservatives. Can't tell the difference between a company,of lawyers and ex spies for hire by politicos, from a foreign government with an agenda. That's a shame and no wonder you fall under the dufus of Dufus's lies, and deceptions. Messing with the foreign governments is illegal and should be reported, as was the case with the Steele Dossier, and he was interviewed by the FBI.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2019, 10:50 AM
    "On 9-10 May of this year," the May 14 memorandum explained, "Sen. Edward Kennedy's close friend and trusted confidant [John] Tunney was in Moscow." (Tunney was Kennedy's law school roommate and a former Democratic senator from California.) "The senator charged Tunney to convey the following message, through confidential contacts, to the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Y. Andropov."Kennedy's message was simple. He proposed an unabashed quid pro quo. Kennedy would lend Andropov a hand in dealing with President Reagan. In return, the Soviet leader would lend the Democratic Party a hand in challenging Reagan in the 1984 presidential election. "The only real potential threats to Reagan are problems of war and peace and Soviet-American relations," the memorandum stated. "These issues, according to the senator, will without a doubt become the most important of the election campaign."Kennedy made Andropov a couple of specific offers.

First he offered to visit Moscow. "The main purpose of the meeting, according to the senator, would be to arm Soviet officials with explanations regarding problems of nuclear disarmament so they may be better prepared and more convincing during appearances in the USA." Kennedy would help the Soviets deal with Reagan by telling them how to brush up their propaganda.Then he offered to make it possible for Andropov to sit down for a few interviews on American television. "A direct appeal ... to the American people will, without a doubt, attract a great deal of attention and interest in the country. ... If the proposal is recognized as worthy, then Kennedy and his friends will bring about suitable steps to have representatives of the largest television companies in the USA contact Y.V. Andropov for an invitation to Moscow for the interviews. ... The senator underlined the importance that this initiative should be seen as coming from the American side." Kennedy would make certain the networks gave Andropov air time--and that they rigged the arrangement to look like honest journalism.

https://www.forbes.com/2009/08/27/te...l#1d3f910a359a
    Expert

Jun 15, 2019, 11:16 AM
    Your not implying the dufus and Vlad have it right, or saying that Kennedy's actions excuse the dufus now are you Tom?
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2019, 12:02 PM
    no I was illustrating the difference between the sting /coup operation that Evita and the FBI pulled on Trump and a REAL case of colluding with Russia.
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2019, 12:49 PM
    You poor confused conservatives. Can't tell the difference between a company,of lawyers and ex spies for hire by politicos, from a foreign government with an agenda. That's a shame and no wonder you fall under the dufus of Dufus's lies, and deceptions. Messing with the foreign governments is illegal and should be reported, as was the case with the Steele Dossier, and he was interviewed by the FBI.
    I didn't say anything about any of that. I just made a general statement.

Heard a video today where Obama said, "Anyone (not true) can buy any gun (not true) at any time (not true). Only eight words but three flatly false statements. So you poor liberals. You think your anointed leaders are always telling the truth. And that would be a fourth flatly false statement.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2019, 01:38 PM
    # 4 'if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. '
    Expert

Jun 15, 2019, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I didn't say anything about any of that. I just made a general statement.

Heard a video today where Obama said, "Anyone (not true) can buy any gun (not true) at any time (not true). Only eight words but three flatly false statements. So you poor liberals. You think your anointed leaders are always telling the truth. And that would be a fourth flatly false statement.
    The loonies and homicidal maniacs and psychopaths doesn't seem to have a problem getting a gun and shooting up churches, malls, concerts, movie theaters and schools.

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    # 4 'if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. '
    That was true but your doctors can boot you if they want too.
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2019, 05:54 PM
    The loonies and homicidal maniacs and psychopaths doesn't seem to have a problem getting a gun and shooting up churches, malls, concerts, movie theaters and schools.
    So maybe we should pass a law prohibiting the loonies, homicidal maniacs, and psychopaths from getting guns. Actually, I think they already have. As for the rest of us, leave us alone.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 15, 2019, 06:08 PM
    So maybe we should pass a law prohibiting the loonies, homicidal maniacs, and psychopaths from getting guns. Actually, I think they already have. As for the rest of us, leave us alone.
    Adam Lanza used guns from his mother's gun collection (Glock 9-mm handgun, a Sig Sauer 9-mm handgun and a Bushmaster rifle) at Sandy Hook. And anyone, including any legal gun owner, can flip into homicidal rage or calculated killing -- for example, the recent mass murderer in Virginia Beach.
    Expert

Jun 15, 2019, 07:03 PM
    maybe we should tighten up that law a bit or enhance it to make it more effective by closing the gaps that the homicidal crazies keep slipping through. We can leave normal ordinary folks alone as long as we verify that if you don't mind. Unless you think we have done enough and screw the victims which seems to grow in number. I know you want to protect those innocent kids don't you JL?
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2019, 07:05 PM
    Adam Lanza used guns from his mother's gun collection (Glock 9-mm handgun, a Sig Sauer 9-mm handgun and a Bushmaster rifle) at Sandy Hook. And anyone, including any legal gun owner, can flip into homicidal rage or calculated killing -- for example, the recent mass murderer in Virginia Beach.
    What do you propose we do about that?

We have also seen a spike in people driving cars into crowds of people and killing and maiming many. I have not noticed anyone suggesting we ban cars and vans.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2019, 09:14 PM

We have also seen a spike in people driving cars into crowds of people and killing and maiming many. I have not noticed anyone suggesting we ban cars and vans.
    The penny will drop one day, disturbed people cannot have guns or cars and cops would do better filling in their time observing rather than collaring low level drug takers
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2019, 06:02 AM
    We can leave normal ordinary folks alone as long as we verify that if you don't mind.
    And how do you propose the feds verify that a person is "normal" and "ordinary"? Will a person have to take a "normal and ordinary" test in order to buy a gun? Do you propose the feds gain access to a person's confidential medical records?

I'm all for keeping guns out of the hands of people who are mentally unstable, but I have no idea of how to do it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2019, 06:17 AM
    why not just be honest and say you want a ban on all gun ownership ? and of course this is completely off topic .
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2019, 06:32 AM
    why not just be honest and say you want a ban on all gun ownership ?
    I don't want to ban anything that is currently legal. I would like for people who love to point out problems to tell us what they are proposing we do.
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2019, 07:10 AM
    I shouldve been clear . My comment was not directed at you .We have gun laws that routinely get broken and then they propose more gun laws that end up being directed and punish honest folks who don't break the law.I'm just pointing out their true goal . You notice they rarely bring up the Democrat cities that are shooting galleries .The guns used there are not semi-autos .They are legal guns obtained illegally .
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2019, 07:47 AM
    You notice they rarely bring up the Democrat cities that are shooting galleries .
    Read this today. "Mr. Weisburd said that in his studies of larger cities, about 1 percent of the streets produce 25 percent of the crime and about 5 percent of the streets produce 50 percent of the crime."

We know that about 2 or 3% of the population commit half the murders. Never gets talked about.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2019, 09:25 AM
    Get rid of all guns.
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2019, 09:45 AM
    back to the topic. All of the talk about Trump's comments to George Clintonopolis is manufactured . George asked Trump what SHOULD be done . That is because there is no legal duty for candidates to report to the FBI that they have been approached from a foreign source with dirt from an opponent . George knew this so he conjured up an ethical strawman .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

Lux Pro thermostast, low battery, after power outrage [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 Lux Pro psp511a thermostasts in my house, this morning there was a power outrage and both of them say low battery and no display, tried power braker, reversing batteries, fan switch is set to auto if move to on position the fan works, replace batteries, maybe the outrage damaged them ? Do...

An Officer's Outrage Over Fort Hood [ 5 Answers ]

So appropriate I felt this deserved to stand on its own apart from the other thread: By Major Shawn Keller As I noted on the other thread and Major Keller hints at, this administration had no problem concerning itself with "rightwing extremists" like "disgruntled military veterans" such...

View more questions Search