Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AsherBlu85 Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Apr 20, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Monroe peircing
    I've been thinking about getting a monroe. Does anyone have one? If so please let me know the pros and cons. If it got infected? How long did it take to heal? How big is the hole when you take the stud out?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Takes approx. 3-4 weeks to heal. Just make sure you go to a good piercing and take care of the wound afterwards, and the chances of infection will be low. The hole is small, resembles a freckle, and if you let it seal up, is virtually invisible. This piercing is relatively painless, but I have had a good many piercings, so I'm pretty used to the pain. Might I add that this was one of my favorite piercings, although I have since removed it...

*edit* please be aware that imporper placement can cause gum erosion... PLEASE Please Please go to a professional...
    gangstaoflove21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2007, 02:51 PM
    I have my monroe done, my best friend did it in his mom's kitchen (he's a licensed piercer though) there was no pain, minimal bleeding, minimal swelling. It was probably one of the fastest healing piercing I've ever had (and I've had plenty) The hole, when jewelry is taken out, is noticeable - but not as much as you'd think - they usually pierce with a 14 gauge needle, but once the healing is done you can downsize your stud to a 16 gauge and the hole will be smaller.
    kaitxsunshine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2010, 10:22 AM
    I have mine done and honestly I wish I didn't get it done. The place in which I got it pierced is too far in, and not where the traditional monroe normally is. My lip and face were swollen for a week and a half, I could barely eat anything, my lip got all bruised inside and out and I couldn't even talk normally. But now that that is over, its doing fine for the most part, I just wish I didn't get it in the spot I did. It still hurts a little bit while eating and is sort of sore, but that's all part of the after care.
    tetrabrall14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2012, 08:15 PM
    This is amazing, thank you sooo much! Im 14 and I am trying to convince my parents to let me get a monroe piercing. ;p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A Peircing Question [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Well good news is I got a job today. Bad news is I'm not allowed to present any visible facial piercings on the job.. My question is simple I have had my lip pierced for two months.

Belly peircing [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I got my peircing done around November, I cleaned it 3 times a day but this month I have just stopped cleaning it , I might only clean it once in about 2 weeks. I was told that if you clean it a lot you're weakening the tissue around the peircing which invites more bacteria. Do you think by...

The monroe doctrine [ 2 Answers ]

What is the message to latin america from the monroe doctrine?

Monroe doctrine [ 1 Answers ]

Under the monroe doctrine european powers were allowed to intervene in the affairs of independent countries in latin america? True or false?

Peircing Parlors... [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any well known, great going peircing parlors in the Dallas Fort worth area? I want a parlor that is nice, keept up with well, decent prices, and takes the proper precausions Any information is helpful.

View more questions Search