Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crookedbrains Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 11:35 PM
    Choosing a camera
    I'm really interested in photography not as a profession just as a hobby.I capture pics of nature and I really don't know which camera I should choose from so many brands and models.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Apr 20, 2007, 02:00 AM
    Photography is a fantastic hobby. Occasionally (as an amateur) you get the one shot that is worth a million lifetimes. In my case it was a snapshot of my daughter sitting on the stairs after a bath.

As a hobby, I would start with a digital camera rather than film (keeps the cost down). Personally Canon is my choice. There are a variety of models and the best bet is to find one that you feel comfortable with. Start cheap, no point in spending 100s and you then decide that this isn't for you. I would be inclined to start with a compact camera something like the Canon Ixus range. See how you get on and then maybe upgrade. Go to online stores like amazon.com, read reviews online of the various makes/models of cameras. Good luck.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Apr 20, 2007, 02:42 AM
    I've just got a couple of questions to ask;

What sort of price range are you looking at?

When you take pictures of nature, are you talking about close-ups (like plants and insects) or bigger, fast moving animals (like dogs, rabbits... capuchin!)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Choosing parents [ 2 Answers ]

How old do you have to be to choose what parent you live with

Choosing a lawyer [ 1 Answers ]

How do you know if you have a good lawyer or not... what different things should you look for or ask?

Help in choosing between three fans [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all - new to the forum and have looked around a bit, but haven't found what I am looking for yet. My issue is this: I am getting a new condo that is very urban/loft in design, so I want to install fans to match stylistically. However, with 16 foot ceilings, I also want a fan that is functional...

Choosing a thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking to change my thermostat to a digital one. Propblem is, I don't know what to get. I don't know to get one for a heat pump, or central heat and air, If they both heat and cool with indoor and outdoor units, how do you know what I have? I have seen some thermostats for 2 stage systems,...

Choosing a router. [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody recommend a good wired router for my home network? I have 3 PCs, 2 WIN XP SP2, 1 WIN 98SE. I also have a Speedstream 5100 DSL modem. I'm thinking maybe firewalled for extra security. So far I've put my eye on the Linksys BEFSX41. ANY suggestions are apreciated. Thank you!! :)

View more questions Search