Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dasaliagirl69 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2019, 01:57 PM
    Wiring a range 4 prang wires not color coded how do Itell where the wires go
    Wiring a range 4 prang wires not color coded how do I find out which wires go where
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 10, 2019, 03:44 PM
    Did tou mean your power cord to the wall is not color coded? Please clarify.

https://ask-the-electrician.com/wiri...ower-cord.html

dasaliagirl69 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2019, 06:48 PM
    the wires coming from the wall
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 10, 2019, 06:58 PM
    Where did you get them? They sell clearly colored wires for this job with instructions for 20 bucks or so at Home Depot, Loews and any appliance store.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wires are not color coded [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace my refrigerator plug. When I stripped the wires back, I found two wires made of several strands of copper. There is no color coding. In the center is a strand covered in green. I know that green is for ground, but how do I know which to attach to silver and which to brass on...

Wiring new range/oven to smaller wires [ 1 Answers ]

We have an old wall oven and cook top, circa 1950's in our home. I want to know, is it okay to wire my new freestanding oven/range using 8/3 wire to the existing 10/3 wiring in the wall on the existing 40 amp breaker. Will it trip the breaker if I cook using the oven and the range or will it melt...

Matching color-coded wires on a light fixture [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am installing a light fixture (I;m in the U.S.) and the box has a black and a white wire plus the ground wire, but my (European?) light fixture has blue, brown, and yellow-green. Can someone advise me on which wire should connect to the white and which to the black? Thank you for helping.

Color coded wires [ 4 Answers ]

This is a two part question: 1. I have a 28 year old Carrier furnace model #31MM220120 and need to know which wire color matches with the newer motor colors. In the furnace there are wires such as orange, white, beige... How do I match up the old color coded wires with the new color coded wires? ...

View more questions Search