Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cooljames Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 08:55 PM
    My computer keeps rebooting
    Hello,

My name is cooljames--I hope to get some answers on a self inflected wound. I unchecked some of my exec start-up files because it took my computer (HP pavilion a446x with Window XP) so long to start up windows. So the joke is on me--the computer gets passed the BIOS start-up, but restarts when prompted for windows. Is there a way to bypass this so that I can re-enable the those exec files that I unchecked? Thanks in advance.

CJ
    BenReilly Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

Apr 23, 2007, 11:46 PM
    After the bios routine try hitting f8 to get into safe mode from there you should be able to re-check everything.
    Which brings me to the question where exactly did you disable something. In the windows autostart menu you can get over msconfig is nothing that would do what you describe even if it should get at least to the screen where you login after. Have you done any changes to the boot.ini or registry?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

XP Rebooting Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Morning, I have a computer (p4) with XP Pro installed. This machine (on startup) repeatedly reboots 4-6 times then settles And opens up as normal, but with a window telling me that it has recovered from a serious error. Inspection of the report gleams me nothing! Any ideas? I hope I have...

Rebooting [ 2 Answers ]

My computer is rebooting at will. How can I correct this and what is causing it.

My PC is always freezing & rebooting [ 8 Answers ]

I have Windows XP. Every time I try to play free bingo the computer just freezes or reboots after a short time. I get an error message that says Error Signature BC Code 100000dl BCP1:0000F4F9 BCP200000002 BCP300000000 BCP4:F7FBB838 OSVER:5-1-2600 sp:2-0 pRODUCT:256-1 Please can you help. The PC...

Computer Keeps Rebooting [ 12 Answers ]

Hello everyone, this is my 1st post. I have an eMachines T3265. The computer is rebooting itself shortly after windows starts. I haven't installed any new software or hardware in a month and I have had no problems with the computer before today. I tried starting in last known good...

Computer rebooting during scans [ 4 Answers ]

I have gone though a lot of problems and had to reformat my drive again. I have already installed all of microsofts patches and I am running zone alarm with AVG and ewido. Every time I try to run through a complete scan with ewido it restarts the computer. I ran AVG and everything checked out OK....

View more questions Search