Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2019, 07:22 PM
    Talaniman: Nixon was not a crook.....What was he convicted of, what charge? Guy was a Saint compared to Bill Clinton WHO WAS CONVICTED OF PERJURY AND WAS IMPEACHED BY CONGRESS.

When you compare Richard Nixon against Bill Clinton and Al Gore, the contrasts are startling: Richard Nixon lost the 1960 Presidential Election to Kennedy, fair and square....when his party wanted him to protest the election, Nixon refused and said he wouldn't do it because it wasn't good for the country....Now, flip forward to the 2000 Election: Al Gore loses the Presidential Election, fair and square....what does Al Gore do? Gore then contests the election, after first conceding, and drags the country through the mud for two months in a failed mission. now, flip around to Bill Clinton and the Monica Lewinsky Scandal: Bill Clinton lies and commits perjury, get convicted, and gets Impeached by Congress but doesn't have the decency to leave office....Contrast that to Nixon who is threatened with Impeachment, but doesn't want to put the nation through that misery, and he leaves office of his own will.

Any way you cut it, Nixon was a man about everything he did compared to the Bubba of Clinton or the maker of the internet Al Gore.....NO COMPARISON!

And, BTW, where is Trump's conviction, since you want to call him a criminal? He doesn't have any criminal conviction past or present.....and he won't be convicted of any because he committed no crimes......And, besides, he is fixing to gain even firmer control of the Supreme Court, too: HE IS GOLDEN AND NOBODY WILL TOUCH HIM!

I am not Right Wing nor left wing but Libertarian...however, it is easy for me to see which side is dirty in all of this and I can only hope that justice prevails against those who have tried to defecate upon the U.S. Constitution!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 3, 2019, 07:46 PM
    Well what would you call a fellow who ran a scam charity, and a scam university, and had to pay millions in fines and court settlements, and was banned from ever having anything to do with charity work for life?

Sep 3, 2019, 08:19 PM
    Talaniman: I don't know about any of what you speak of here, didn't hear about any of this. Must ask, why was Trump not charged and convicted? I know I would be put under the jail for something like that, for sure.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2019, 03:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Talaniman: I don't know about any of what you speak of here, didn't hear about any of this.

That you admit to not knowing about what Tal has mentioned is a big problem that is apparent in your posts. At least you're honest about not knowing.

To help you, The Trump Foundation scam, a 501(c)3 charity, was shut down for using donated money and its charitable funds for Trump's personal expenses including his campaign.

Trump University was another outright scam that Trump was forced to pay $25 million in fines to settle claims against the fraud. This was also one of Trump's more notorious racist blurbs when he accused the presiding judge of incompetence because the judge's ancestors were from Mexico.

These both had tremendous media coverage - right, left and center - so I'm surprised you never heard of any of this.
    Expert

Sep 4, 2019, 03:59 AM
    It was all over the FAKE NEWS.

https://www.theamericanconservative....-scam-charity/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...zed/502387002/
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2019, 06:19 AM
    But there is a good question why has he not been charged?

Sep 4, 2019, 06:24 AM
    O.K., I remember the issue with the Judge who was of Mexican ancestor heritage: That was entirely uncalled for, I will admit, there was no need for him to open his mouth about that, even if he thought it was true.....and I doubt a judge would jeoparidize his reputation with a bias decision in such a spotlight case, either. I would like to think that Trump said these things out of anger: When you bring race into any issue, it dilutes the issues and diverts attention away from what really should be the center of attention. I have absolutely NO TIME for racism and never did.
    Expert

Sep 4, 2019, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    But there is a good question why has he not been charged?
    He reached an plea agreement like rich guys tend to do, and avoided a court prosecution, before a jury.
    Expert

Sep 4, 2019, 07:33 AM
    O.K., I remember the issue with the Judge who was of Mexican ancestor heritage: That was entirely uncalled for, I will admit, there was no need for him to open his mouth about that, even if he thought it was true.....and I doubt a judge would jeoparidize his reputation with a bias decision in such a spotlight case, either. I would like to think that Trump said these things out of anger: When you bring race into any issue, it dilutes the issues and diverts attention away from what really should be the center of attention. I have absolutely NO TIME for racism and never did.
    At least you acknowledge this one incident for what it was, but his anger is fueled by his hatred of being judged by one he considers lesser, and not qualified based on his color/culture.
    That wasn't the first time he brought race into an issue. Anger or not, he has a history of racist policy and practice, and not just angry words, that goes back decades.
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2019, 08:23 AM
    I would like to think that Trump said these things out of anger:

Trump's real estate business renting apartments in New York City was charged by the government for discriminating against African-Americans - refusing to rent to them. He was fined and agreed to stop discriminating. However, they caught him a second time and he was fined again.

Applications from African-Americans were marked with a big "C" for colored. This was a long-term practice and hardly done out of a brief anger - an anger from racism is more like it. This is in case you missed this one, too.

I suggest you take it upon yourself to learn what racism is - not only the most obvious kind, but the more subtle institutional kind that is widely prevalant. Trump is a master at dog-whistle racism, an often ambiguous slander that allows him to backtrack saying "I was only kidding".

Sep 4, 2019, 10:44 AM
    Athos: Good point....I am heeding and will become more observant of what you are talking about! I am oblivious to obvious things at times (just ask my wife!:)). As a Southern Gentleman, and seeing it first hand, racism has always been more up front and obvious, and there was never much thought given to disguise it by those that perpetrated it....Again, point well taken!
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2019, 04:59 AM
    Athos: Good point....I am heeding and will become more observant of what you are talking about! I am oblivious to obvious things at times (just ask my wife!:)). As a Southern Gentleman, and seeing it first hand, racism has always been more up front and obvious, and there was never much thought given to disguise it by those that perpetrated it....Again, point well taken!
    And a good point from you.

Agreed that the South has been less needful of "hiding" its racism compared to the rest of the country where racism has often become institutionally embedded, often paying lip service to equality.

It is to be hoped that in the great national experiment that is America we will all learn how to truly treat each other without counting ethnicity or race.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2019, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post

It is to be hoped that in the great national experiment that is America we will all learn how to truly treat each other without counting ethnicity or race.
    Don't you think that is a forelorn hope when after 150 years you still haven't solved the problem. Reality is that people on this Earth live where they do for a reason and it is difficult for them to thrive on another part of the planet, they are continually called back to their roots
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2019, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Don't you think that is a forelorn hope when after 150 years you still haven't solved the problem.
    Not at all. Hope springs eternal.

Reality is that people on this Earth live where they do for a reason and it is difficult for them to thrive on another part of the planet, they are continually called back to their roots
    So true. The reality is that millions of them came to America seeking freedom and opportunity. It was difficult for all the immigrants, and it got easier over time as they and later generations became assimilated. It's still a work in progress.

Sep 6, 2019, 06:15 AM
    Some groups REFUSE to assimilate and they form enclaves inside their host nations....and sometimes the host nations allow these enclaves to practice their own "laws" and create/generate constant chaos (i.e. FRANCE)!
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2019, 06:32 AM
    Some groups REFUSE to assimilate and they form enclaves inside their host nations....and sometimes the host nations allow these enclaves to practice their own "laws" and create/generate constant chaos (i.e. FRANCE)!

No groups have ever formed their own laws within their enclaves in the USA. You might say the Mormons, but the feds put a stop to that.

As to assimilation, the Irish assimilated almost overnight, probably because they spoke the language. The Germans, the largest single immigrant group, moved to the middle part of the country away from the coastal cities helping them to do their own thing. The Italians took a bit longer probably because more of their men returned to Italy than stayed. Who can blame them? Italy is a beautiful country that has everything (except work in the immigrant days). The Jews still find themselves being abused every so often, but that's a separate story.

African-Americans have the most unique history of all the groups, so their story is different from all the others.

Currently, the Hispanic world is doing the immigrant thing and prospering.

So the experiment continues. The road will never be smooth, but there is a road.
    Expert

Sep 6, 2019, 04:00 PM
    Why do we have to assimilate? Can we just be law biding hard working citizens and do our own thing?

Sep 6, 2019, 07:47 PM
    Athos: You are the only man I have ever heard that knew the Germans were the largest ethnic group in the U.S.! I said that the other day and the group looked at me like I had two heads!

Sep 6, 2019, 07:57 PM
    Talaniman: I guess you could live without being assimilated.....but I think it makes it harder.....and, as you and I know, life itself is hard enough without engaging more hardships. I do think that homogeneity is important in a nation: Not necessarily that everyone is part of a homogeneous population (say China minus the Uyghurs) but homogenous in language and appreciation of the fabric and national identity of the nation......that makes a country, by definition, more inclusive of all citizens.

In the U.S., the continued politics of division and the identification on every government document of RACE is revolting to me: We are NEVER going to progress as long as we continue these practices.....its sickening and it has to stop! If you want everyone to be treated equal, then STOP asking every damned citizen what race they are on every damned document! Now, THAT IS A RANT, SORRY BUT THIS ONE MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Mueller indictments [ 937 Answers ]

Inspector Clouseau brought down a bakers dozen of indictments yesterday against Ruskies working out of St Petersburg .(taking bets right now on the chances of ever getting those charged onto US soil).The charge is that they dressed up like American snowflakes in pajamas, in their mother's basement...

Mueller climatrol 137-115 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mueller Climatrol Model 137-115. I came home at lunch the fan was blowing. When I set the thermostat to 70 the burners kick on and heat up and it heats the house. When the house gets to desired temperature the fans stays on, burners go off. I've changed thermostat, same thing...

Mueller climatrol motor? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Climatroloil forced furnace, MN.227-1-110, SN. 2EZ. 88000 BTU per hr. It has stopped working. The blower will work if I turn it on manual, but if I put it on auto nothing works. I am told I need a motor for it. Can anyone tell me where I would fine one and about how much it will cost. ...

How to restart a mueller furnace? [ 0 Answers ]

I ran out of oil. After getting oil in the tank I can't get the furnace to work. I've looked all over for a reset button, but there isn't one.

Mueller Climatrol [ 4 Answers ]

I have bunch of old Units labeled: Mueller Climatrol Recessed Summner Conditioner Model 910-100 10500 BTU oer hour 230V Milwaukee WI

View more questions Search