Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roxygirl61887 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Apr 19, 2007, 08:31 PM
    DOG SUTURES.to keep from licking.asap
    My dog just got neutered and she keeps trying to lick her sutures... and I am going to have to go to work tomorrow all day and I don't want her to take them out.. the vet didn't give us anything to give her.. what can I do..
    PLEASE HELP:(FAST
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Get one of those cone things... thats all I can think of quickly...
    roxygirl61887 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Apr 19, 2007, 08:34 PM
    I have to work early in the morning and I have like no time... :(
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 08:42 PM
    Well there is nothing short of that... if you bandage it, she will just rip it off... I haven't seen any of the dog guys on here recently, but they may have a better answer... sorry I couldn't be more help..
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2007, 08:51 PM
    The cone things are all I know of too. I am trying to remember how much our dogs licked their incision. We never used the cone, and never had a problem with the stitches.

You might call the vet tomorrow.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Well, I don't know if you would want to put this on the actual wound, but you could put cider vinegar around the area. It won't hurt the dog, but tastes yucky. :) You could also try iodine if you have it.

Also, you can make an Elizabethan collar out of cardboard in a pinch.

Hope this helps until you can get some cream from the vet.

Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy bum and licking paws [ 5 Answers ]

Kyra is a 2yr old staffy,female. She has ben licking her paws and scratching her backside on the carpet for sometime. Have taken her to vet and this stopped for while but then pessisted again. He came us some cream for her paws and bum. Not sure what else to do?? Cheers

Dog Licking Her Paws [ 4 Answers ]

I Have A 7 Year Old ****zu Who We Rescued From A Centre. Since We Adopted Her We Have Had Her On Numeroius Occasions To The Vets As Hse Is Constantly Licking Her Paws The Vet Says Its Her Anal Glands But We Have Had These Emptied Every time We Go And Within Days She Has Started Again. Has Anyone...

Cat licking a lot and losing hair [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: my cats name is misty, she is probably about 5-6 years old! Recently about 2 weeks ago i noticed she started licking a lot and now she is missing a large amount of hair, like patches around her little body, and she has gotten really skinny. She is eating like a mad women and i don't know what...

Licking [ 2 Answers ]

I Have A 10 Month Old Puppy .her Problem Is Licking People .how Can I Break This Habit?

I Need Help Asap [ 1 Answers ]

I got to answer this question by tomorrow please HELP "determine which of two colors (red or green) is darker and lighter despite despite different hue and different values"

View more questions Search