Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Finnigan Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 07:50 PM
    Nasonex and bleeding
    My ENT doctor prescribed Nasonex to be used everyday. It helps so much but I have noticed when I blow my nose there will be blood. It has happened several times in the last couple months. I stopped using it for awhile but still noticed the bleeding from time to time. I started using it again the other day because I was so stuffed up.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 19, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Mine has done this for years, most likely it's just dry. Try some saline spray.
    Or a humidifier. But the DR. has checked mine and says there is no real problem.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 08:17 PM
    Yes it does that, don't worry unless it starts having brain matter coming out.

But I also don't know why, but I have sued it for years, I use a irrigation system with saline ( you can buy the bottle and saline) in kits at walmart.
    It has really helped and made a differnece not only in being stuffed up but I have not had any bleeding since I started using it.

Apr 19, 2007, 08:38 PM
    Thanks Matt and Fr Chuck.
    The Dr gave me the Nasonex for allergies. I never had the bleeding until I was on it a few months. Hubby keeps telling me the Nasonex is causing the problem! I hope he is wrong I would rather see a little blood and be able to breath than all stuffed up and miserable.
    Sorry if I sound like a whiner :(
    He even said I am getting... wait till you hear this one... "addicted" to the Nasonex. I said no I am addicted to breathing! What a man!
    Thanks again you guys for your time I really appreciate some logical advice here :)
    Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 09:21 PM
    Also they can vary the medication, there are two or three that seems to work fairly well. ( and don't forget to ask your doctor for a some free samples, essp nasonex, they get a lot of samples in the spring to give out.

Also see what your doctor thinks about astelin, I change off every so offen, because after a while one seems to stop working as well.

Apr 19, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnigan
    Thanks Matt and Fr Chuck.
    The Dr gave me the Nasonex for allergies. I never had the bleeding until I was on it a few months. Hubby keeps telling me the Nasonex is causing the problem! I hope he is wrong I would rather see a little blood and be able to breath than all stuffed up and miserable.
    Sorry if I sound like a whiner :(
    He even said I am getting ....wait till you hear this one........"addicted" to the Nasonex. I said no I am addicted to breathing! What a man!
    Thanks again you guys for your time I really appreciate some logical advice here :)

It's not wining it is the name of our game. We like to answer questions, yours was allot better than "am i pregnant, will you do my homework or I think i saw a ghost" you get the idea. Thank you, and think of some more questions.
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 19, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Yeah, I've been "addicted" to nose spray before... or so my doctor said.

Apr 19, 2007, 09:32 PM
    I am not that kind of Doctor, Luvmy.
    Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 09:41 PM
    But I do agree, it is nice to have a question that does not involve starting a business with no knowledge of that business, or how can I be pregnant I have only had sex with no protection but my boyfriend does not want to use it. Or I owe a debt and did not go to the court hearing, but how can they just take my money away.

So no "nose" about it, yours was a much better question for tonight, a real concern and some answers that were again right on the nose.

Apr 19, 2007, 09:53 PM
    Well... With all this said I think it's time I take myself by the nose and go to bed. Thanks again all of you and it helps to smile so thanks for that too :)
    Goodnight and sleep tight ;)
    roadhwg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2011, 10:07 AM
    I've used Nasonex haphazardly for a week , maybe 7/8 douches out of the 28 recommended by my DR. I stopped over three weeks ago and am still bleeding everyday. My nose stuffs-up and eventually I must blow and hard or soft there is blood and a bloody dark red drain of at least one nostril follows. I must be careful to get it to stop. But eventually the cycle must start again as mouth breathing is so uncomfortable. Plavix complicates all, yet nose seems to have no problem creating painful scabbing which I try reducing with Simply Saline. Roadhwg.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding... [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, this may be a weird question, but I'm kind of worried. Since last night, when I poop, I bleed. I'm bleeding from my rectum, and today it was so bad that there were drops of blood in the toilet. I don't bleed during the day, it only bleeds when I poop. I thought it was my period at first, but...

Why am I bleeding? [ 2 Answers ]

For 3 months now I have been spotting on and off. Usually a pantiliner is all I need to use. The bleeding seems to be getting worse though (bleeding everyday now and heavier) with cramping and back pain everyday for the last week. I was seen by a doctor a month ago and all seems fine--no cyst,...

Bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

Hello sir I am narinder singh I want and help , when I do brush or eat something hard I bleed from my gums, Suggest me what should I do ? I am in UK from last two years and I am facing this problem , I have not taken any medicine for this so please tell me what do do. Thanks

Bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my dog was spayed today and now she is bleeding from the cut. Is that normal??

What Is The Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My husband and I have been trying to get P for 6 months now my last cycle started on 17/04/05 o was on 30/04/05 we had intercourse around that day and that day next cycle was due 15/05/05 on 09/05/05 I was discharging a light red muck like mucus this occurred for 6 days on and off nothing big...

View more questions Search