Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PTKV Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 05:12 PM
    MY computer keeps on shutdown by it self
    My computer for some reason is shutting down by its self. I don't know why, I tried to scan for virus nothing big comes up, McAfee found no Virus and this problem has still countinued. Sometimes I have lost few really important documents that I might have been typing, and the computer will shut off by its self and won't start for long time. The light in the CPU will stay on but nothing on the screen matter of fact the screen light just stays yellow I believe there isn't any output coming from the CPU, how can I solve this problem and what might have caused it so that I can avoid it the next time PLEASE HELP!! ASAP!! and I'm using HP computer.
    THANK YOU
    PTKV
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 19, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Here is a silly question-- do you ever open it up and clean it out? -- Savage
    richcali Posts: 22, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2007, 06:11 PM
    First let me say I am not a Computer Tech so please do this at your own risk I hold no responsibility for any damage this may cause.

On my HP years ago I had similar problem they had me unplug everything printers and even my monitor and most important the power cable need to be unplugged from the back of the computer and the wall then when all is unplugged press and hold the power button for about a minute this they said got rid of a static build up inside the computer

All I know is that it worked don't know why but it did
    Hope this helps you
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 06:14 PM
    When ours do that at work 99% of the time the fan that cools the hard drive has crapped out. The IT guy (i.e. the owner of the company) keeps a drawer full of replacement fans he got from Tiger Direct. Takes out the old one, blows out the dust and junk that collects in there and plugs in the new one.

If you aren't familiar with cracking open a case, then take it to a professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer shutdown due to thermal heating [ 6 Answers ]

Hi This is kushal here my computer has always been hanged after 15 minutes-20 minutes at ordinary room temperature and my computer is not able to restart using the restart button and turn off button are not working .I have to close my smps power switch and on it again for every hangout and when I...

Shutdown problems [ 17 Answers ]

Ever sense my friend told me to overclock my comp so much that it spazzed out I've been having problems. When my friend told me to overclock it, I did and it messed up, so the Cmos had to be pulled. That worked fine. But eversense, whenever I try to shut down my comptuer, and turn it back on, it...

Shutdown problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have this weird problem where when I shutdown the system doesn't turn off automatically, it just sits there with this silly black screen on its face. I've noticed that if I immediately turn it off by holding the power button in for 3s it won't bootup properly next time its turned back on. It...

Shutdown LAN [ 13 Answers ]

Dear all, Please help me in this matter , I want to shut down the LAN with password proetected.It Is possible. Please help me to do this to stop LAN from working... Please help me urgent

Shutdown Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Folks, My daughters PC is running windows xp and for a while now it has had so shutdown problems. When clicks on start then shutdown, it takes approx 5 minutes or more before the actual window pops up for her to choose shutdown or restart etc. Today when I tried it, the shutdown/restart...

View more questions Search