Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Stuck in between
    Well after knowing how to do it, I caught myself in that same mess others have been in.

I have a rental house, The renters were current though last month but have not paid this month, due on the first late charges take effect on the 5th.

The people don't seem to be living there, the electric was cut off for non payment around the first of the month as was the water. It appears someone is coming around the property, ( I put a piece of cardboard about the door to see if it gets opened, and someone has opened the door in the last week) Plus of course there is a dog in the backyard, I can only guess it is watered and feed, since it is big and seems not to like landlords
    So I went to file my eviction notice as I normally would do, but since they don't appear to be living there, I was not allowed to file an eviction with them. I have tried legal service, but no one is ever home to be served and no forwarding address.
    And of course there is no permit of occupancy without the electric and water working in the home, and now code enforcement is after me for having a "tennant" in the home illegally.
    I have posted official notice on the door giving them 10 days to vacate any proper.

So what I am doing wrong at this point? Easier to see what to do when it is not happening to you.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Eventually bad things happen to good people and now you are living proof. I don't think you've missed anything but stay clear of that dog. If your door posting was an eviction you just need to wait until the time limit is up. Your larger issue is what will you do with that dog in 10 days?
    Best of luck Fr
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Same thing I do with most previous dogs, call animal control for an abandoned animal. ( took one home with me once) why can't it be a cow or pig, and then we could have a AMHD BBQ.

The renter before this, took off "overnight" and took the Frid and the stove with them, and had to get the police to get it back for me.
    Them taking off and taking things is the normal, I have never had them take off and leave everything before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stuck [ 11 Answers ]

I have no idea what to do any more. The man I live with is a drug addict, abusive and just plain cruel. I've tried the shelters but their full. Also, you have to have a police referral. But that's a joke. Every time they come out, they make him go downstairs. They took pictures of my face and neck...

I'm so stuck [ 4 Answers ]

Hiya everybody Rite well lately my boyfriend has been so off with me its unbeliveable. I'm 15 he is 16 I had sex with him about 1 month and 2 weeks ago when we first got together then about 1 hour I found out my best mate sleped around his house with my boyfriend best mate. I felt really used and...

Stuck- [ 1 Answers ]

A horizontal rifle is fired at a bull's eye. The muzzle speed of the bullet = 670 m/s. Barrell is pointed directly at the center of the bull's eye- the bullet hits the target 0.025 m below the center. What is the horizontal distance between the end of the rifle and the bull's eye? I need a...

Stuck... [ 4 Answers ]

Sigh... I've never written to one of these things before, but the situation I'm in now is too tough not to look for some objective outside advice... I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 24; we've been dating for two and a half years. I love him more than I ever thought I was capable of. I know that he...

I'm stuck [ 1 Answers ]

I have known this guy since I was about 5, and I hooked him up with my best friend last year. They only lasted for a couple of days and after that me and him started getting really close and he told me that he liked me. I told him that I liked him too. We fooled around for awhile and then stopped....

View more questions Search