Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chica Fish Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Break up
    My boyfriend and I broke up 2 months ago, We started to argue and not get along as famously as we started. We have know each other for 11 years , we worked together yet both of us were in relationships while we worked together. We dated for 18 months , it was a blow up of an argument. A week had passed and then I called him , I was sick in the hospital with pneumonia , and when I called him he said he needed time to think about our relationship. To make a long story short, he ended up telling me it would not work out and I wanted the relationship but I realized I wanted the relationship because I did not want to be alone.

I emailed him and he responded very friendly, I was rude by telling him that I am out and about, going on with life...

He is a nice man, but he is very much into himself , (Selfish) I am single now, involved in my own activities. Is it too soon to date, it has only been a couple months since the break-up but I am getting asked out by of all things younger men , (significantly younger). I have gone out with my dance partner who is a younger man, but I am very apprehensive of getting involved with anyone younger or older too soon.

Should I wait a while before dating?

The email to my ex- does he think that email was a attempt to try to get back together?
    PTermite Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 01:13 PM
    There's no right or wrong time to start dating again, it's whenever you feel comfortable. You two have broken up, so if you feel like dating a particular person... Do it! Just make sure you date for the right reasons (and NOT to get back at your ex or anything along those lines)

As for the email, he may think you're trying to get him back... But it seems doubtful in my opinion. You were friends first, have known each other for a long time... There's a friendship bond there that'll be hard to break and chances are it seems you both miss each other's friendship. :)
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 19, 2007, 01:19 PM
    It seems to me like YOU think it may be too early and you think you just need someone there all the time. You mentioned your fear of being alone... don't date someone if you are not ready. Go out with "friends" not expecting love at first sight and soon you will know when it's the right time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend wants to break up with me [ 2 Answers ]

My boy friend doesn't trust me he's jealous, he wants to break up with me because he thinks I'm not lady he's asking me to leave him in peace . I don't know what to do to make him trust me I quited smoking because he asked me too .he's accusing me that I'm prisoning him he wants his freedom. I...

She wants to take a break [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for six months. We both love each other very much and, although we have had some very rough patches in our relationship, we've been seemingly doing good for the last month... until three days ago. Three days ago we got into a big fight over a number of things,...

A break [ 11 Answers ]

Well my girlfriend and I at first been going great, we talked we did things together it was all going great, but after a while we stopped talking and just were physical, and when I tried talking to her asking about her day or saying talk to me it never got anywhere, and she says she wants a break...

She wants a break [ 19 Answers ]

Ok so, I've read a few "taking a break" threads and things seem to come to the same consensus of "just give her her space." The thing is, each case is different obviously. My case is: I'm 20, she's 18. We've been going out for 1 month (short time, I know, but it feels like a lifetime). I met...

After a break- break up or try again? [ 24 Answers ]

Ok, never done this posting thing but you all give good advice - and I need some opinions outside my own logic! Sorry in advance for the length… I've been dating this guy for 2 years and recently he asked for time off to reconsider things. (That is, break up and then talk in a month and half.)...

View more questions Search