Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roxygirl61887 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Apr 19, 2007, 09:52 AM
    4 wisdom teeth and questions
    I had my 4 wisdom teeth pulled... it wasn't that bad.. its been a week today since it has happened I have been trying to eat solid foods and it doesn't really hurt.. I don't know how bad that is? Will it hurt me or give me dry sockets.. also since its been a week and almost all of my stitches have came out... can I smoke? Or can I still get a dry socket.. because I defiantley don't want one:(PLEASE HELP ME!!
    Also- I have some pain in one of them.. but it doesn't hurt all the time.. just in the morning... it almost feels like it is my jaw... its not terriable pain at all.. so it can't be a dry socket.. could it be from healing?
    justaskchefnic Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2007, 10:20 AM
    I had my four removed, but it was so painful! My whole mouth changed after that! You should be pasted the dry socket stage normally if your going to get one it will be in the first 2 or 3 days and it will hurt like a tooth ache. Jaw pain is normal, they just pulled 4 teeth! I couldn't chew for a week, and my jaw clicked when I shut my mouth? You should be fine to smoke. But do it lightly until you get a little better. Don't push your mouth eat only what you feel you can. In the next couple of weeks you may see your teeth separate slightly due to more room, but this is normal. You might still experience mild jaw pain for up to a month, chew soft gum, this will ease the pain. Hope this helps!

Apr 19, 2007, 10:43 AM
    It feels like a toothache.. because the one tooth feels like some pain every once in awhile.. I have never had a toothache so id ont know how it feels.. but iheard that dry sockets you can't stand and you will always know when you have one. Like it is shooting pain in your tooth
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 19, 2007, 10:46 AM
    You would know, if you had the dry socket.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 10:51 AM
    I think you are past the dry socket phase as well... I had my teeth cut out, but the same rules applied. Just make sure you don't use a straw, and when you smoke try not to suck for a lengthy amount of time. It will be a few months before your mouth and jaw return to normal. I can remember it being months before I learned how to eat without getting stuff stuck back there...
    justaskchefnic Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Sometimes the dentist will use another tooth to pry one out if it is one of the teeth next to or near the empty socket that is probaby it. Sometimes when you have a tooth ache another tooth will hurt this is called radiant pain, where the pain will radiat to another tooth, but it probably just achy pain that will pass. A dry socket feels like comstant pulsing pain, you won't be able to sleep, and pain killers won't help. But the fix is easy they will just pack the socket with a tape that will make your mouth taste like a penny and the pain will end, not a big deal. If you think this pain is abnormal call the dentist so they can see you and fix what is wrong. Hope this helps
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 19, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justaskchefnic
    Sometimes the dentist will use another tooth to pry one out if it is one of the teeth next to or near the empty socket that is probaby it. Sometimes when you have a tooth ache another tooth will hurt this is called radiant pain, where the pain will radiat to another tooth, but it probably just achy pain that will pass. A dry socket feels like comstant pulsing pain, you wont be able to sleep, and pain killers wont help. But the fix is easy they will just pack the socket with a tape that will make your mouth taste like a penny and the pain will end, not a big deal. If you think this pain is abnormal call the dentist so they can see you and fix what is wrong. Hope this helps
    Yes you paid them now annoy them. It's their job. Call.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2007, 10:58 AM
    I had my 4 removed as well. I had a weird sensation in my gums for a why. Temperature sensitive but that was about it. I think I was eating within a couple of days. Do not remember exactly. My top were removed by a dentist. My bottom was removed from a surgeon, they were impacted.

I would say that maybe this is a good time to try to quit smoking. Give it a shot anyway.

Best wishes, no dry socket worries.

Joe

Apr 19, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Yah it does feel like a tooth next to it is the one that hurts every once in awhile... crazy how much everyone on here helps:) Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Five wisdom teeth. [ 8 Answers ]

So, I've needed my wisdom teeth out for a little while now. I have five wisdome teeth but none of them have erupted yet. My face swells up sometimes and I can't eat.. they cause a lot of pain. Not all the time though. They just act up at times. I've lost my insurance now and the dentist had told me...

I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. [ 6 Answers ]

K I just got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago and I'm still in pain and I'm still swollen. 1 of my stitches fell out today and I'm wondering if that's normal. I'm like totally freaking out. Am I allowed to smoke? I have been and I'm very worried if I'm going to get an infection. Can...

Wisdom teeth [ 10 Answers ]

All four of my wisdom teeth are coming out together. Uper left one doesn't hurt at all but coming out in a wrong direction, lower left one is perfectly fine so far. The problem is with the right side, there is not enough space for the teeth to come out, uppor or lower part, the pain started couple...

Wisdom Teeth pain [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here, but I wanted to ask some questions about wisdom teeth. I have my upper right wisdom tooth, I can feel the others trying to come in. I am waiting on my insurance to kick in so I can have them removed. What is best for pain until I can get this done? :confused:

Wisdom teeth [ 3 Answers ]

:-[ Help me, I am 17 and I think I am dying. My mom says that I am getting my wisdom teeth in. My left side of my mouth is slightly swollen and very sensitive. There is a part of my cheek or gums (or something) that is irritated and swollen OVER my back molars. Am I really getting my wisdom...

View more questions Search