Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rusnet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 07:34 AM
    Noise after flushing toilet
    Few months ago we've noticed that after flushing the toilet and after the tank feels with water, we hear a rumbling noise in the pipes for few seconds. Then the noise disappeared for few weeks and now it's back every time we flush the toilet. Any suggestions on what should be done to fix this problem?
    dbiegner Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rusnet
    Few months ago we've noticed that after flushing the toilet and after the tank feels with water, we hear a rumbling noise in the pipes for few seconds. Then the noise disappeared for few weeks and now it's back every time we flush the toilet. Any suggestions on what should be done to fix this problem?
    I had a similar problem a few years back. I had a plumber look at it and he said that the main water pipe was too small for the pressure of water that was coming in, but did not offer a fix. It has something to do with pressure in the pipes.

Hope that helps!
    Db
    rusnet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 08:35 AM
    Thanks for the reply. But do you still have that noise?
    dbiegner Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Sorry, Sold the house!
    kosan Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Hahahah! This is hilarious
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Is it a rubble or a thump? Check inside the tank under the ballcock while it is filling with water. Do you see air bubbles coming into the tank as it fills? Back to you. Speedball1 loves this type of problem and will give you even better things to try.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Not knowing what kind of valve you have in your commode, I don't know if you have a float ball and rod or if you have one that has a float that slides up and down the valve riser. But either one can cause the problem you describe. Either valve would cost you less than $15 a your handy hardware store. If it does not solve the problem at least you have eliminated the most likely source. The next place to look for the problem would be to check the cut-off valve on the supply leading up to the commode, Make sure it is open all the way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud rumbling noise in floor when flushing the toilet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have two bathrooms side by side on the top floor and one downstairs on the main floor. When flushing the toilet in one of the bathrooms on the top floor, you hear and feel a loud rumble in the floor in the bathroom beside it. We replaced the toilet in the downstairs bathroom a few...

Knocking noise when flushing toilet [ 2 Answers ]

We've replaced the flapper, and flushing valve approx. a month ago. Ever since when it is flushed there is a loud knocking noise in the water line. Does anyone know what we can do to fix the problem? It's pretty loud. Thanks, in advance!

Loud noise when flushing toilet [ 1 Answers ]

There is a loud noise when I flush my toilet. I have learned that turning on the bath water causes the loud noise to not occur, or to stop mid noise. The noise seems to getting louder and longer with time. I appreciate any assistance troubleshooting this problem.

Noise when flushing toilet and when running water [ 1 Answers ]

I have humming noise (seems to be getting louder) when I flush the toilet and when I run water into the bath and into the kitchen sink. I read a reply to a similar problem about looking at the regulator.. What is a regulator? Many thanks!

Noise in bathtub when flushing toilet [ 1 Answers ]

For the past five flushes, when I flush my toilet, I hear noises coming from my bathtup drain. The bathtup is next to the toilet. It sounds like water is being drained from the bathtub pipe. What would cause this?

View more questions Search