Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ed3Dame Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 05:56 AM
    Ed' s router
    How would you hook up a wireless router to your system when you already have 2 router in place (1) for telephone (2) road runner ----this so I can use my new laptop in another room
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 19, 2007, 06:06 AM
    I actually have a simialr setup. When I initially set it up, I daisy chained the wireless router to my wired router and then disabled DHCP on the wireless. Later, for reasons I don't recall I switched them, using the wireless as my main router enabling DHCP and disabliong DHCP on the wired router, effectively turning it into a switch.

Since the VoIP box should be plugged into a router port, it doesn't enter into the picture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Router within a Router - Connection problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to set up a wireless network to be able to use my laptop, but am having problems getting everything working; The wireless is "Connected" yet I'm unable to access the internet, or ping the default gateway. The current setup consists of a Zyxel Prestige 643 (The "internet gateway", a...

Router [ 3 Answers ]

How to setup a wireless router? Say I have about 10 pcs.

Router problem [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have three PC sharing my IP using a Linksys router. My problem is that I had all three PC's up and running for a few hours then lose their internet connection. If I run my cable from the modem directly to the PC it works, this is the second router I have tried both with the same problem...

WAP vs Router [ 14 Answers ]

So what is the difference between WAP and a router? I have a router with 4 computers wireless and 2 desktops wired. All have their own internet access (I don't access the internet through any one computer). I want to get a wireless printer server. Would I hook that up to another port on the...

2 router lan [ 2 Answers ]

I'm at a complete loss here... Net goes into a 4 port Netgear router. 3 ports are directly connected to computers, one runs down to another room. In that room is a lynksys router, that used to be a 3Com hub. The line from the netgear goes into the router, then 2 computers are attached...

View more questions Search