Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gerimclean Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 03:44 AM
    3rd party deposit error on my credit card
    A company has mistakenly deposited close to £2000 on my credit card. Can they take the money back out of my account? If not, how long before the money becomes mine legally?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 04:18 AM
    I would be honest and report it to them, could be destined for someone really needing it.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 04:22 AM
    Since this is their error, reported it you the credit card company, ask them for a letter of apology for their mistake, and some form of reward for your time and engery in correcting their error. Nothing is free anymore, it you made the error they would bill you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 19, 2007, 06:55 AM
    They WILL find it and they WILL correct it. The money will never be legally yours. So report it to them ASAP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card debt & a 3rd party collector [ 3 Answers ]

To be honest my credit card debt to American Express has gotten up to about $12,000 because of all the interest. It has been sent to GC Services, a third party collector. I am in school and will be done for the summer in about a month and will be working full-time then but am only working...

3rd Party Staffing Agency Worth While? [ 3 Answers ]

I am interested in a professional opinion regarding the third party staffing agency that has a few jobs that they are looking to fill for companies, and then finding individuals with resumes to fill them. I have been to a temp agency before and found a job, but want to know if it is worth while to...

How to work as a 3rd party staffing company [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently formed a new staffing company. I have couple of questions 1) How to work as a 3rd party staffing company and make sure that we are not kicked off. For Eg. Let say there is an opening in company 'A' . Ompany 'A' contacted a staffing company 'B' to fill this position. 'B' then...

3rd Roommate Left, What About Her Deposit [ 1 Answers ]

I Moved In With 2 Other Girls Into A Furnished Apt. In Honolulu, Hi Over 3 Years Ago. One Of The Roommates Moved Out After 1 Year. My Boyfriend Moved In. She Was Scared To Ask Him For Her Share Of The Security Deposit So She Left & I Am Not In Contact With Her Any Longer. The Second Roommate...

3rd Party Legal Entitlement on Unsecured Debt [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, Even though this is my first post on AskMeHelpDesk, I have frequented the site on a semi-regular basis. Generally, my questions are already answered. But, I think I have a problem with this one. :confused: I have an Unsecured Debt, (Credit Card), that was charged off and sold to a...

View more questions Search