Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Toodee Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Apr 18, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Italian Lessons!
    Is there anyone on here I can practice Italian with? If not, can someone tell me a good way to learn Italian? It doesn't have to be easy.. I'm willing to put in effort.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2007, 11:10 PM
    I would start by getting a CD at a Best Buy or OfficeMax that teaches the basics of Italian.

You live in Chicago. Shoud be lots of people there who speak Italian if there is a neighborhood where Italian people tend to live. Might be able to find a way to make friends with someone around your age there who speaks both Italian and English.

See if there are any events coming up in the Chicagoland area concerning people of Italian descent. Attend and try to make friends with someone who has similar interests as you.

Maybe there is a student at the school you are attending who is from Italy? Possibly makes friends with that person?

The following sites may be of help to you. I hope that they are.

Web Italian Lessons, by Lucio Chiappetti

Free Online Language Courses

italian language course for the internet mainframe

Free Italian course for beginners

Online Italian Lessons - Italiansrus.com

I found the site below to be particularly cool!

BBC - Languages - Learn Italian
    Gurshalyulo Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Yeah I agree something like a c.d. would always work.. practice by calling places and greet them in italian so if they start speaking it you can also practice like that.. there's lots of ways, but id go with a c.d. because they have sound and will say it for you, so that should help
    TchrJo Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 20, 2007, 10:22 PM
    I am an italain teacher, maybe I can help. Drop me a line
    DodgeBlue Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Jul 31, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Matter of fact, go to your local library. I'm sure there are tons of italian books you can practice with. I know here in the New York Public Library we have tons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Supernatural Lessons from Natural Disasters and Wars [ 8 Answers ]

There are important supernatural lessons from natural disasters and wars that are often overlooked. From God's perspective, the message of calamities, such as tsunamies, hurricanes, and wars, is God giving "unsaved" survivors time and opportunity to repent. Calamities show: . Life is short...

New York City swimming lessons for babies [ 1 Answers ]

I just had a horrable experience. My 15 month old son almost drowned about half an hour ago but thank God he is okay! I don't know how I would have ever forgave myself if something would have happened to him. He didn't swallow much water but I don't want to take any more risks so I am now...

Vocal (singing) lessons and parents. [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Greece and I'm 13 years old.I really want to take vocal (singing) lessons but my parents do not allow me to.They say that music in Greece doesn't have a future.Plus,they say they don't have enough money to "throw away",as I will never be able to get a singing career.I will not leave...

View more questions Search