Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pleasehelpmeout Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 03:56 PM
    What are my options after Caught shoplifting-first offence in Canada
    Hi All,

I did this stupidest mistake last week. Yes it is shoplifting. I was caught shoplifting at Zellers , Ontario, Canada of $10 worth stuff. The LP officer took me to their back office, called cop and Cop got me this citation to appear in court next month. It happened last week, since then I have been reading lots of thread about the charges for Shoplifting. I was just wondering what would be the consequences for my case since it is my first and last offence in Canada.

1. Should I call up store and try to settle down the case out of court or should I hire Lawyer and let him talk to store?

2. What are my chances to get accepted for Adult Diversion program since I am over 18.

3. If I get accepted for Diversion program and I complete it successfully will I still be getting Criminal Record?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Please help me here.:o

Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoplifting penalties in canada [ 11 Answers ]

A friend of mine got caught shoplifting. He was caught in the parking lot of the store he stole from. He refused to go in, but gave the merchandise back to the plain clothes security guard by going back into the store and putting it in a shopping basket. The guard knew him from years before and...

16 year old caught shoplifting in Maryland [ 4 Answers ]

This is her first offense. The amount was $90. She is banned from all Kmarts either for life or 10 years, wasn't sure on the paper. Her and her friend. What do you think her punishment will be. She is 16 and we live in prince george's county Maryland. We will have to go to court.

Shoplifting in canada [ 2 Answers ]

I am living in canada and I've been charged with shoplifting and I am under 18. Should I tell my boss at work about this?

After Being Caught Shoplifting [ 4 Answers ]

Im 17 yrs old, and my sister is 12. We live in Queen Anne's County, which is located in Maryland. We were caught shoplifting in our local Kmart, and they had said that they saw me blocking my younger sister while she unwrapped everything and put it into her purse, it was true, and we admitted to it...

Caught without license on Vespa in Canada penalty? [ 1 Answers ]

I was just curious if anyone knows what would happen if someone was caught driving a vespa in the city without having a license (or plates) in Toronto, ON, Canada? Big fine, jail? Bike taken away? Thanks guys!

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.