Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olsonpk58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2018, 09:41 AM
    The bulbs on each end of our new vanity light bar are not as bright. Why?
    Just installed a new 6-light vanity bar in the bathroom. When I add the 5th and 6th bulbs to the bar those bulbs are not as bright (almost like a brown-out). Have changed out the bulbs and the problem only occurs with the 5th and 6th bulb, no matter what position in the bar. The bulbs are only 40 watt LEDs and max is 100 but obviously the 5th and 6th aren't getting enough juice. What's wrong? Pam
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2018, 02:55 PM
    Start placing bulbs in the spots where they "brown out" and work backwards. What happens? Are you sure they are 40 watt LED's, they would be incredibly bright. Forty watt equivalent? Is that switch on a dimmer?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 23, 2018, 07:59 PM
    Try new bulbs for the browned out ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change light bulbs on the night light part of a harbor breeze ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

We have a harbor breeze ceiling fan with light fixtures above and below the fan blades, how do you get to the light bulbs on the top fixture to change them

Vanity light with 4 bulbs, I.e. 8 wires [ 2 Answers ]

To hook up a 4-bulb vanity light to the wires in the wall, what is the best way to twist the 4 wires (4 black, 4 white)together and to the wires from the box? The box is very shallow and when I tried to hang it up the marets needed to be pushed aside so much for the bolts to come through, one or...

Where can I get Rhine FSP18EL Light Bulbs? Or what is a similar light bulb style? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm looking to replace old light bulbs that are Rhine FSP18EL for outdoor lighting.

Light from CFL bulbs doesn't seem as bright [ 1 Answers ]

I've had 60 watt CFL bulbs in lamps for years but just yesterday put a 100 watt one next to a regular 75 watt one in 2 hanging fixtures in my kitchen. The 75 watt regular looks a lot brighter than the 100 watt (and yes I waited). I was never really convinced about the 60 watt ones either; they...

Replaced a ballast and bulbs in fluorescent light fixture and now the bulbs flash [ 0 Answers ]

Replaced a ballast and bulbs in a fluorescent light fixture and now the bulbs flash what is causing this

View more questions Search