Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chirodo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 02:27 PM
    My 92 Honda civic cranks over but won't Start!
    My 92 civic has 228,000 miles, turns over but won't start. I had replaced the distributor thinking the ignitor was at falt, battery is good, timing belt and components were changed 29,000 miles ago. There is NO check engine light coming on, only when I'm trying to start the car. I can hear the fuel pump turn on. New spark plugs and high performance wires, just recently had my head gasket set replaced a 1000 miles ago. Could it be the computer if I'm not getting any check engine light issue. Again, the engine just turns over, but not start. Can someone help??
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2007, 05:14 PM
    Engine Won't Start, Check Engine Light (CEL) Doesn't Come On:

1. Engine won't start.
    2. Turn ignition switch ON and observe CEL.
    3. If CEL never comes on, even for two seconds, after ignition is turned ON, observe Low Oil Pressure Light (LOPL).
    4. If LOPL doesn't come on, inspect Back Up Light Fuse in under-hood fuse/relay box. If bad, replace; otherwise, repair open in YEL wire between Back Up Light Fuse and gauge assembly.
    5. Turn ignition switch ON.
    6. Is CEL on? No, replace CEL bulb or repair open in GRN/ORN wire between ECM (A13) and gauge assembly. Yes, measure voltage between ground and terminals A23 and A24, individually.
    7. Is there less than 1.0 volt? No, repair open in wire between ECM and main ECM ground that had more than 1.0 volt. Yes, substitute a known-good ECM

It might help you to also read sections A and B below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html
    chirodo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by txgreasemonkey
    Engine Won't Start, Check Engine Light (CEL) Doesn't Come On:

1. Engine won't start.
    2. Turn ignition switch ON and observe CEL.
    3. If CEL never comes on, even for two seconds, after ignition is turned ON, observe Low Oil Pressure Light (LOPL).
    4. If LOPL doesn't come on, inspect Back Up Light Fuse in under-hood fuse/relay box. If bad, replace; otherwise, repair open in YEL wire between Back Up Light Fuse and gauge assembly.
    5. Turn ignition switch ON.
    6. Is CEL on? No, replace CEL bulb or repair open in GRN/ORN wire between ECM (A13) and gauge assembly. Yes, measure voltage between ground and terminals A23 and A24, individually.
    7. Is there less than 1.0 volt? No, repair open in wire between ECM and main ECM ground that had more than 1.0 volt. Yes, substitute a known-good ECM

It might help you to also read sections A and B below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html

Thank You So Much For All of The information! I will check into all of the areas that relates to the issue I'm having. If something else pops up, I will ask for help again.
    Thanks Again!!
    jeje409 Posts: 84, Reputation: 9

Jan 15, 2011, 09:54 PM
    -check starter/ignition switch... replace if needed

-check all fuses/relays... replace if needed

-check battery for corrosion... make sure its giving car enugh juice

-try some starter fluid

-is gas in car? Could there be water in gas tank?. try gas treatment

Make sure EVERYTHING under hood is in proper place and hooked up correctly

Maybe its time to let her go... the engine that is... most vehicles aren't made to go that many miles.vehicles should be replaced before 150K mi... after 100K mi you start to have all kinds of prob...

Good luck
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jan 24, 2011, 11:00 PM

Check to make sure the timing chain hasn't broken or jumped
    krisspimpedu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 12:06 PM
    I've got a similar problem but my miledge is 180k on the chasis ,100 k on the block and 10k on the head

It's a 92 civic , new dizzy, new fuel pump , has spark has fuel and good pressure , timing is right on the money , new map, new ignition parts, new wires and plugs , good main relay ,new ecu, and still no start ,I had it started for about 15 minutes after cranking it for around 30 minutes , ran fine ,shut it of and no start...
    I disconnected every sensor and tried starting it and got it running but no response to gas pedal and very low rpms
    And yes I've replaced and or tested every sensor , solenoid and valve and tried multiple ecu's

And yes the old parts that I replaced were also testing out to be good the only reason I changed them is because some were getting up there in age ,I even took it to the dealer and they couldn't figure it out and wantd to start swaping everything out (which is the same thing I already did... )
    I've also tested most of the wiring to the sensors
    So I'm stuck and would like some more insight if any bodys got some
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 honda civic won't start PLEASE HELP [ 22 Answers ]

I live in LA and I have never had a problem. It has been raining non stop down pour for 17 days. Last night I went out and my car wouldn't start. It turns over but no fire. Battery seems fine. AAA came and got it started by adding fuel shaking it, I don't know what... He told me to keep it running,...

91 honda civic won't start [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I own a 91 honda civic dx. It was my back up car and has been sitting for a year or so. I have been trying to get it started and it will run as long as its being sprayed with starting fluid. It just burns the starting fluid and once you stop spraying starting fluid it dies. I pulled the fuel...

84 Honda Civic won't Start? [ 3 Answers ]

I think the Battery terminals touched while I was fitting a new battery in & shorted out a fuse, but I can't find which 1 it blew, Can someone help me out here??

92 honda civic won't start [ 4 Answers ]

I was looking for a place I could find some answers to my problem... and I found this forum.. anyway.. My 92 honda civic has an interesting problem. At one point it would barely start.. thinking it was sparkplugs,wires,rotor.. I replaced them all.. seemed to work greatly.. lacking money at...

View more questions Search