Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    U79m14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2018, 06:16 PM
    If an agency issues a 1099 for hosting a student what are the tax implications
    Host family get a stipend of $900 or more a month from a agency that places students in your home. The agency issues a 1099 to host family. Is the amount taxable income for a host family on social security disability
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Aug 2, 2018, 07:15 PM
    Yes, if the 1099 is Form 1099-MISC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hosting foreign student [ 1 Answers ]

Is the payment received for hosting a foreign student a taxable income? I got a misc form

Hosting International Student [ 2 Answers ]

We have signed up with a private school to host an international student. The students family will pay the school and in turn, the school will issue a monthly "stipend" between $600-$800. I asked the Business Administrator about how this "income" will be reported and he told me it will be on a...

Hosting foreign student [ 5 Answers ]

I asked if the payment received for hosting a foreign student is a taxable income. I got a reply that it is a tax-free transaction since the payment is a reimbursement of costs. If the payment is more than the actual cost, is it still a non-taxable transaction?

Tax Implications for a F-1 Student [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Friends, I am from India having a f-1 VISA and I am doing my MBA in IOWA, US. I would like to know the tax implications the deductions and the filing status for my tax return for the year 2007. I have come to US last year and would be completing MBA this march and after that I will be...

Tax implications of 1099 income [ 1 Answers ]

My son has had a paper route for the past 2 years and the income has always reported on his SSN as 1099 income. The newpaper company is changing policies and will no longer hire minors. If I put the route in my name and receive a 1099 for the income and the issue a 1099 to my son paying him the...

View more questions Search