Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MilitaryMan19D30 Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Apr 18, 2007, 12:16 PM
    If there are real psychics why aren't they rich?
    Why wouldn't they just play the lotto and win big?:rolleyes:
    DragonFire Posts: 20, Reputation: 5

Apr 18, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Because they can only see things that their guardian angels or spiritual guides show them. Their main purpose is to help people spiritually not to get wealthy.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Apr 18, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Good point there!-- but however.. there αre some psychics thαt cαn only tαlk to spirits or whαtever there αre like different "cαtαgories" hαhα

Apr 18, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Are you psychic?

Apr 18, 2007, 12:37 PM
    I think everyone is a bit psychic, some more than others. I would say that I have discovered that I can predict some things, but I don't work at it so I haven't increased my psychic ability.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Apr 18, 2007, 04:37 PM
    No lol I don't think it's reαl
    Hair Bug Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryMan19D30
    Why wouldn't they just play the lotto and win big?:rolleyes:
    It is not real.

- Thom
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Why aren't psychics rich? Some are very wealthy - they write endless books, appear on countless television programs, have extensive speaking engagements, etc.

I once had a psychic who gave me a series of seven numbers - one series for every week of the year. This was in 2004. Now I never asked for this - it showed up in my mail one day - had never heard of this person before and could not tell you how she picked out my name. So each week I went and bought a lottery ticket. It was not so much I believed I would win as much as I believed this psychic was wrong. She promised that 75% of the numbers were winnners. So that means for forty two weeks, I would win. Ha ha ha ha and ha. Not a winner in any of them. Then she wanted me to pay her for her insight. I wrote her and said I was sending her 20% of my winnings - nothing times nothing equals nothing. Now I would wager that she did, indeed, do this to many other people. Some so gullible as to send her what she asked, which was $250.00 dollars.

I think any honest psychic would not use his or her powers to play the lottery or slots or other games of chance. I do believe there are genuine psychics - I also believe we all have some potential in us - how many of us have this strong second sense when we encounter someone or something? Or we receive a word, a knowledge, or feel a presence that is trying to get our attention?
    nottheonlycluelesstexan Posts: 22, Reputation: 15

Apr 18, 2007, 05:20 PM
    I disagree with HairBug on this one. I truly believe they are real because it is in my family and there always seems to be one in each generation. My grandmother (one of 4 siblings), my mother (one of 6 siblings), myself (one of 4 siblings) and one of my sons (one of 3). The key is the level of psychic a person is as well as the TYPE of psychic a person is. Like DragonFire said, not everyone is fully developed. Some people just get a LOT of déjà vu while others are more clairvoyant. Some can predict future events while others just get a sense about things. My grandmother lived in a village in a third world country, not much opportunity for wealth there, who knows what she could have had she been here in the states, but she was very helpful to people in her village, small stuff yes, but still there. My mother and I are similar in that we can sense stuff that is about to happen but my mom can only feel it within her own children. Amongst a lot of other things, I knew about Sept 11 and about my mother and sister being in a car wreck, both incidents happened in NY but I live in Texas. The problem with not being fully developed is that I didn't realize I was predicting anything... I just felt really badly and could see things happening. Also I can never tell when it is going to happen, just THAT it happened or will happen. If I would have realized that the "vision" I had of 9-11 was true, I would have tried to tell someone, ANY ONE, but it seemed so far fetched I was sure it was simply a really terrible dream because Ive had nightmares ever since I started with all this mess when I was really young. I called the FBI several weeks after 9-11 because I had another vision of a guy who was directly involved with 9-11 getting into an elevator. But they must have thought I was a crack pot because they never followed up with me. So far nothing has happened so maybe Im wrong.. but what if Im not?? When my sister and mom were in the wreck, I felt my mothers chest hit the steering wheel and felt my sister's leg get crushed. I called my father from Texas to tell him because he hadn't heard yet, and minutes later my brother walked into my dad's house and told him what had just happened a few blocks away. It freaked my dad out so much he didn't talk to me for 2 weeks! So let me tell you this psychic crap is not all its cracked up to be! Ive predicted my own accidental and violent death and have "seen" my own funeral with my parents and siblings in attendance.. who the hell needs THAT??
    In all honesty I WISH I could predict numbers and sweepstakes. I could seriously use the money! I wish I could predict it even for someone else and split the profits! Spiritually guide, my ayy! But my "gift?" doesn't work that way... Ive never met anyone's that has. My son's ability is not so strong yet but he's in college in DC and always seems to know when Im ill or crying because he will call me within minutes of my thinking of him. And he's had incidents in school he's too scared to share with anyone but me.
    I'm sure there are some people who can do a whole lot more than me or anyone in my family, but with the world thinking its fake or we're lying, why would anyone admit to using it to win the lottery? I sure as heck wouldn't, Im not having 5 million people asking ME for this weeks pick!:)
    OH! Incidentally, my mom did kind of sense the accident she and my sister would have but she only sensed my sisters pain in the accident, that was why she went out with her, thinking she could help. Never realizing she would be involved.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 18, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Because they are not good with money and spend it all on lotto tics and cigarettes. (oh sorry that's me)

Apr 18, 2007, 05:31 PM
    It's all about probability. In a long enough time line, people will get something right. We don't pay attention to the thousands, no millions of times 'psychics' get it wrong, but as soon as they get something right, people eat it up.

Again, nottheonlycluelesstexan mentions that her son knows when she's crying and calls her. How often does he call you? How often do you feel ill? How many times do we think of people 'just before they call' and think "Oh my god, I was just thinking of you!" and take it as some kind of 'gift'? How many people do you think of in your day? Thousands I would imagine, but as soon as you make an unlikely connection it's psychic!

It makes little sense.

Apr 19, 2007, 06:34 AM
    Check out RCLancaster's site: Stop Sylvia Browne for more information.

Also, there is a thread about Sylvia Browne here: The Skeptics Society Forum :: View topic - www.StopSylviaBrowne.com Now Open

Reviewing the massive amount of unsubstantiated or anecdotal claims, testimony, non-validated observational data, and philosophical studies, they actually suggest the existence of such an entity as the "soul." Although it cannot be determined what it is or if it is factual or not, it is my personal belief that there may very well be something there, and that it is worth looking into but Sylvia Browne is not gifted.
    nottheonlycluelesstexan Posts: 22, Reputation: 15

Apr 19, 2007, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hair Bug
    It's all about probability. In a long enough time line, people will get something right. We don't pay attention to the thousands, no millions of times 'psychics' get it wrong, but as soon as they get something right, people eat it up.

Again, nottheonlycluelesstexan mentions that her son knows when she's crying and calls her. How often does he call you? How often do you feel ill? How many times do we think of people 'just before they call' and think "Oh my god, I was just thinking of you!" and take it as some kind of 'gift'? How many people do you think of in your day? Thousands I would imagine, but as soon as you make an unlikely connection it's psychic!

It makes little sense.
    I absolutely agree that much of it is probablity. But I find it curious that you think it makes little sense when I mention the example with my son but you say nothing of the rest. I did mention that his talent was not fully developed and hey, for all I know that's all it might be. Most of the things I sense and feel are not "Oh my God, I was just thinking about you!" kind of stuff, but I can see your point in that I also assume many people do that throughout their lives. But I wouldn't be so quick as to say this is not psychic phenomema, it may simply be something we all have. Like it was mentioned before levels of development vary. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Maybe Oracles and Soothsayers don't exist, or maybe people who can predict things on a grand scale don't exist. But if humans generally only actually use a very small percentage of our brain capacity would it be so inconceivable to believe there may be some who use .2 or .4 of a percent more? Do geniuses and savants also not exist? From where do they draw the uncommon knowledge they possess? Or does that make little sense as well?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2007, 08:09 AM
    I don't believe generally in the idea of psychics.

But the closest thing I've seen is a connection between my mother, grandmother and cousin. My cousin was 9 mo pregnant and my mother and grandmother were together in a different city. My mom sensed something and turned to my grandmother and said "shes having her baby" and my grandmother said back "i know". And she was, of course.

That's as close as I've seen concerning a connection on some spiritual level between two or more people.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 19, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3046
    Because they are not good with money and spend it all on lotto tics and cigarettes. (oh sorry thats me)
    I just thought, how could a psychic lose at the lottery? So yes there is no reason for them to be poor.

Apr 19, 2007, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nottheonlycluelesstexan
    I absolutely agree that much of it is probablity. But I find it curious that you think it makes little sense when I mention the example with my son but you say nothing of the rest. I did mention that his talent was not fully developed and hey, for all I know thats all it might be. Most of the things I sense and feel are not "Oh my God, I was just thinking about you!" kind of stuff, but I can see your point in that I also assume many people do that throughout their lives. But I wouldnt be so quick as to say this is not psychic phenomema, it may simply be something we all have. Like it was mentioned before levels of development vary. That doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Maybe Oracles and Soothsayers dont exist, or maybe people who can predict things on a grand scale dont exist. But if humans generally only actually use a very small percentage of our brain capacity would it be so inconceivable to believe there may be some who use .2 or .4 of a percent more? Do geniuses and savants also not exist? From where do they draw the uncommon knowledge they possess? Or does that make little sense as well?
    I took note with one thing that stuck out to me the most. It doesn't mean it doesn't exist, true. That isn't my place to prove it doesn't exist, it's for others to prove it does.

In that case, it's highly likely that the Lochness Monster exists. Otherwise, how do you explain all the sightings? Do lizards therefore not exist? That's a preposterous view point on it. Geniuses exist due to the work they create and the thoughts they have. Psychics exist due to people wanting a story. I don't imagine geniuses decide one day "I have genius powers, I'm going to pursue them!" No, not at all. And regardless of the percentage of the brain we use, are we to believe that some unfounded and completely undocumented part of the brain magically detects thoughts and feelings? There's a difference between perception, chance and intelligence.

Apr 20, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Nostradamus wrote a little book called Prophecies which proclaimed events way past his death but the descriptions about each event were so vague that you could generate anything out of the story. He was the first true Sylvie Browne and many snake charmers have followed suit. Just look a daily horoscopes.. you will meet someone today. Thanks, if the horoscope said You will meet Jack so and so at 500 pm at the train station in New York I might pay a little more attention. You can make these so called predictions into anything you want. Religion follows the same guidelines.

Apr 20, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryMan19D30
    Nostradamus wrote a little book called Prophecies which proclaimed events way past his death but the descriptions about each event were so vague that you could generate anything out of the story. He was the first true Sylvie Browne and many snake charmers have followed suit. Just look a daily horoscopes..you will meet someone today. Thanks, if the horoscope said You will meet Jack so and so at 500 pm at the train station in New York I might pay a little more attention. You can make these so called predictions into anything you want. Religion follows the same guidelines.
    And it would only take ONE idiot to meet someone called Jack at Grand Central Station at 5pm, and we'd all be tortured with their story of "My horoscope is dead on all the time!!! It even said I'd meet someone called Jack! And I did! It's amazing! I phoned up the psychic hotline though, and it said my mother with cancer will die. And the next day she did. :( You can't always win. But some people just have a gift."

Apr 20, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Its no use going on about this, you either believe or have seen or you don't. So, if you choose to be narrow-minded, that's your choice. :)

Apr 20, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire
    Its no use going on about this, you either believe or have seen or you dont. So, if you choose to be narrow-minded, thats your choice. :)
    It's a discussion! Opinions and thoughts are always welcome. We could move the whole conversation on to religion if you liked? :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Please I need a real psychics help here. [ 4 Answers ]

Well I have known diis guy for a while about a year and half we've been friends about a year and half but late last year I started having feelings and I think he too then we started making out and you know all those stuff but no sex but smtimes he behaves cold and won't talk but the next min he...

Psychics? [ 69 Answers ]

Is it wrong to consult a psychic? What about looking up horoscopes?

Any real psychics out there? Some advice needed [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, If there are any real psychics out there, I could use some advice. I was dating someone last year and fell in love. He broke it off last winter, but I have a gut feeling that he may be back someday. My birthday is 1/8/65 and his is 6/30/64. Psychics , does anyone see him coming back...

Poor pocket rich in love mother of seven [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any government grants to start a small buss. I want to make it in this life and have a good life for my children

View more questions Search